• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 8 Apr 2009

I don't know how you could say SO4 has great gameplay. The battle system is completely broken by the easy difficulty, causing your characters to become way over-leveled. Blind-sides outside of certain bosses or if you really want to beat an enemy a bit faster are only a suggestion, with no real need in most battles to perform them rather than just hitting AAAA Trigger Trigger Trigger AAAA. Dungeons are long and tedious. The Private Action system is ruined compared to previous games. Item Creation is gimped by only being on the Calnus and only becomes useful in the later parts of the game.

Dascu

king zell said:
guys whats the word in the new Horror Wii game [FEEL] from AQ Interactive ? the scans are out
Not another Wii horror game? Jesu christo.

Edit: Looks like Siren. Graphics are a bit rough.

king zell said:
guys whats the word in the new Horror Wii game [FEEL] from AQ Interactive ? the scans are out

From the looks of the scans, isn't that the horror game featured in the leaked Hudson trailer from a few months back?

Defuser

Kyoufu said:
Well SO4 isn't even out in Europe yet. Should I not bother getting it? Haven't heard great things but I do remember seeing some nice-looking battles.
Get Demon Souls :| I don't know how many times I have to tell you on msn.

xfactor

Banned
It is based on the movie "Ju-On". Apparently you will explore building ruins and you need to pick up battery for the torchlight which aid in the exploration.

Dascu

Shimizu Takashi, director of Ju-on, is apparently working as an advisor, which explains the blatant similarities. As for the link with that leaked Hudson video from a while back... I don't know. I thought so too at first, though this looks a lot more "grittier".

Cosmonaut X said:
From the looks of the scans, isn't that the horror game featured in the leaked Hudson trailer from a few months back?

The Calling? It does look fairly similar, but as far as I know, Hudson and AQI don't have any real relationship... maybe they could be involved in the localization, but it would be odd for the first video to leak on Hudson's US press site.

Kyoufu

rykomatsu said:
Valkyria Chronicles was basically an interview with Nonaka Ryutaro (producer for VC).

Couldn't read the scans well (blurry) but it was something like...he was really pleased with the public acceptance of VC and because of that, he doesn't want to leave it at just one title. The anime is just one of multiple ways to develop the IP further.

I would love a sequel + PSP version.

wrowa

Hero of Legend said:
o_O

I thought they were Microsoft?
Nah, they were already involved in the developement of Blue Dragon Plus. They were founded by MS as far as I know, but apparently MS doesn't give a shit anymore. Just like with Mistwalker.

Edit: Tss, stealth edit!

Lagunamov

wrowa said:
Nah, they were already involved in the developement of Blue Dragon Plus. They were founded by MS as far as I know, but apparently MS doesn't give a shit anymore. Just like with Mistwalker.
They are developing N3-2

Lagunamov said:
They are developing N3-2

Aka Ninty-Nine Nights, which isn't Q? involved with that as well?

Well, if feelplus was founded by MS and is indeed developing Feel, then wow. o_O

Edit: Oh yeah, they, Artoon, and Cavia are all owned by AQ, so in a sense it was possible.

But I thought feelplus would've stayed MS-exclusive outside of the DS, which Rare was allowed to develop for anyway.

Edit double: Oh yeah again, feelplus only made RPGs with Mistwalker, so this (and NNN?) is their first solo game, and not to mention that the game is CALLED Feel, this could be the game that "defines the company"? Like a :mascot" so to say, ith the name being similar and all?

reriel

Hero of Legend said:
Obviously possible now.

But don't forget, there was a job post by a Sony division looking for developers with 360 experience.

Same deal here? Probably not. :p
we don't know, but feel plus was helping tri-Ace with both IU and SO4, so maybe they will do the same for End of Eternity.

xfactor said:
edit: nvm

You made a point, but about another part of my post that you didn't quote. :p

I accidentally assumed the Feel would be feelplus' main, company created game. That's not true as I already forgot that Feel is based on Ju-On.

Unless Ju-On was only mentioned because the director is making the game but also made Ju-On, and that Feel is an all-new game?

CiSTM

Banned
Feel looks really great imo. Penumbra meets grudge = super sweet... But I guess it won't be released out side of japan :mad:

Hero of Legend said:
Obviously possible now.

But don't forget, there was a job post by a Sony division looking for developers with 360 experience.

Same deal here? Probably not. :p

Wish feelplus was making an RPG for the Wii instead of yet another horror game.

What is it with the Wii and horror games?

hehe, that really wouldn't make sense considering they already have 360 experience...still considering ps3 is supposedly more difficult to dev for perhaps they wanted to set the bar higher ;] (or maybe not since many ps3 ports look worse)

Quazar

Feel+ isn't owned by MS people. It's part of AQI. They broke Feel+ up into several teams for projects after LO.

xfactor

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
You made a point, but about another part of my post that you didn't quote. :p

I accidentally assumed the Feel would be feelplus' main, company created game. That's not true as I already forgot that Feel is based on Ju-On.

Unless Ju-On was only mentioned because the director is making the game but also made Ju-On, and that Feel is an all-new game?

If you are referring to that Wii game in the scan, that title is a Ju-On game (I translate the title to be "Horror Experience: Ju-On" according to the scan), based on the Ju-On movie with the involvement of the Ju-On director. The creepy white female ghost you see in the scans is "Ayako", a character from Ju-On.

Ju-On is a Jpn movie series. The US remake of that movie series is "The Grudge".

xfactor said:
If you are referring to that Wii game in the scan, that title is a Ju-On game (I translate the title to be "Horror Experience: Ju-On" according to the scan), based on the Ju-On movie with the involvement of the Ju-On director. The creepy white female ghost you see in the scans is "Ayako", a character from Ju-On.

Ju-On is a Jpn movie series. The US remake of that movie series is "The Grudge".

Right, I understand now.

And feelplus is indeed developing this game?
nelsonroyale said:
hehe, that really wouldn't make sense considering they already have 360 experience...still considering ps3 is supposedly more difficult to dev for perhaps they wanted to set the bar higher ;] (or maybe not since many ps3 ports look worse)

No I meant that in this case, feelplus is looking for people with PS3 experience. :p

Okay, here are the Wii games in the issue in order as of this post:

Arc Rise Fantasia
Asobu Made in Ore
???
Deca Sports 2
NPC Chibi-Robo
NPC Metroid Prime 2
Kizuna
???
???
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
???
Horror Experience: Ju-On
Takt of Magic
???
Tales of Graces
???

Six more to uncover. Anyone want to help?

king zell

Hero of Legend said:
Okay, here are the Wii games in the issue in order as of this post:

Arc Rise Fantasia
Asobu Made in Ore
???
Deca Sports 2
NPC Chibi-Robo
NPC Metroid Prime 2
Kizuna
???
???
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
???
Horror Experience: Ju-On
Takt of Magic
???
Tales of Graces
???

Six more to uncover. Anyone want to help?

i get my copy Saturday, so until then i cant :(

Hero of Legend said:
Right, I understand now.

And feelplus is indeed developing this game?

No I meant that in this case, feelplus is looking for people with PS3 experience. :p

yeah, I was saying if they wanted 360 experience, the pool maybe larger considering its supposed to easier to dev for and is more similar in architecture to pc.

harSon

Banned
I think the confusion regarding Feel+ derives from the company having a lot of ex Microsoft Game Studio's employees, it's more of a good relationship.

beast786

Ni-Oh

Ni-OH_01_[].jpg

Ni-OH_02_[].jpg

Ni-OH_03_[].jpg

Ni-OH_04.jpg

Top Bottom