• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Call of Duty Online to be revealed in 7 hours

JazzmanZ

Do you know how much CoD Online would sell?

It's fucking the best selling franchise ever.

Online.

Hey guys, it's call of duty, it's back!

IN POG FORM

mYWLC.png

Valnen

So will this ever be playable in North America or is it irrelevant here?

Targeted specifically at the asian market doesn't mean only playable by them usually, but sometimes it does =/.

Big-E

Being that I am in China for the foreseeable future, I would love to play this though I recently found a decent TF2 server to my liking. This is a great move from Activision as this market is pretty much locked up exclusively between versions of CS and a Korean game called Crossfire. EA once again is going to be left behind.

Bricky

Well, that sure looks like Call of Duty.

(If this was released in the west it would be the most succesful F2P-game within a day)

Valnen

So why can't we get this? =/
I'd rather play for free than spend at least £45 per year (£80 if I want DLC!)

Yeah, free with cash shop would be a much more attractive solution for me for a Call of Duty game. They could rebalance and update a lot more than with yearly iterations too.

Well at least Warface looks pretty damn good.

I'm pretty sure that Activision is testing the waters. As soon as they realize that they can make a ton of money from microtransactions they'll bring it over to the west.

AHA-Lambda

That's the reason right there.

I knew that would come up :(

I like CoD but I can certainly say that if I found a new MP game of choice for myself that happened to be free, I would not complain if I missed out on CoD anymore.
Unfortunately I own a Mac and so my F2P options are more limited,
and I ain't a fan of TF2 before anyone says

Kabouter

I'm pretty sure that Activision is testing the waters. As soon as they realize that they can make a ton of money from microtransactions they'll bring it over to the west.

I doubt it'll be 'as soon as', as long they keep selling as many copies of the boxed game and its DLC as they are now, they'll probably continue releasing those. Not going to be easy to top that revenue with a F2P game in the West.

Glass Rebel

Even though I've been expecting it for quite some time this replacing CoD in the west would be shitty for me. I never play the MP but I enjoy a CoD campaign from time to time (not for 60€ though, which is why I've only played them at friends' places).

Valnen

I doubt it'll be 'as soon as', as long they keep selling as many copies of the boxed game and its DLC as they are now, they'll probably continue releasing those. Not going to be easy to top that revenue with a F2P game in the West.

Crytek seems pretty confident their F2P shooter will be huge everywhere.

Kabouter

Crytek seems pretty confident their F2P shooter will be huge everywhere.

And it may well be, but Modern Warfare 3 sold 6.5 million copies on launch day, in the United States and United Kingdom alone. If Crytek produced something with similar success, they might not be quite as likely to go F2P quite so quickly.

Kusagari

Don't they have 2 million+ people paying for Elite on top of the $60 for boxed copies?

They have no reason to even bother bringing this here.

What? So why was there a special console being made for the country?

Are you talking about the iQue, right? It was created 'cause Nintendo would make some more money from their N64 games, and they must been in a join venture with a local company to sell it.

Top Bottom