• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Tarazet

I picked up my shaman again for the hell of it, I started Legion with him and played a ton with Doomhammer but hadn't logged for a while. Decided to do a Greater Invasion before the reset.

945 hat, bonus roll 955 boots with socket.

These crazy things always seem to happen to me when I come back to a character after a long break.

Gorger

Is politics "talk" in /2 an NA thing? I never see that on EU.

There is some on Argent Dawn; the biggest EU RP-realm. During and after the election it was pretty bad, there were quite a few 4chan trolls spamming racism, cheering Trump and repeating build the wall or lock her up. But there are a lot less of those now, especially after Trumps disastrous presidency thus far, it's almost like they've gone into hiding.. lol. Be mind that many of the trolls I did /whois on was unguilded low lvled alt accounts, obviously too coward to spew their hatred on their mains.

Today you get your random racist comments, especially towards people of color and muslims, and I have registered quite a few nazi comments like "Hitler did nothing wrong" and jokes about Holocaust. I am pretty shocked that Blizzard doesn't do enough to silence them. They can go rampart on trade chat for hours spewing racism with no consequence. Blizzard have the logs, go perma ban their ass!

Not long ago there was a warrior spewing racist shit in trade. I saw him in Skyhold and challenged him to a duel. I whooped his ass three times and he started whining something about overpowered protection tanks... and then he left :D

Jarnet87

just came back this past weekend, account had been inactive for close to a year. Playing my Demon Hunter to try and unlock flying and build up gold for upgrading the heirlooms. Really don't like the class and Suramar is hell but it's the only 110 toon I have.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
just came back this past weekend, account had been inactive for close to a year. Playing my Demon Hunter to try and unlock flying and build up gold for upgrading the heirlooms. Really don't like the class and Suramar is hell but it's the only 110 toon I have.

Suramar is outdated content, so unless you really want to see its storyline, I suggest you go straight to Argus or even Broken Shore and do whatever WQs that drop gear upgrades.

Argus content(whether its invasions, elites, treasure chests or the emissary quests reward) can also drop BOA items worth at least 880 ilvl, just in case you want to lvl another class(since you said you don't like DHs). Just hope its the armor type you want.

Edit : Wait, unless Suramar is required to unlock flying? It's been a while and I forgot lol.

Can't wait to see what ridiculous thing they pull out of the air to make my Paladin give up the most insane powered up version of Ashbringer ever known.

And then also the invincible shield and the Tyr's hammer that I have in my bank.

I actually like the artifact system and I feel like anything they do from this point to go back to just having regular weapons is going to be stupid.

I'm also curious what they will do with class halls. I think that's a great thing, and we shouldn't get rid of them, but I wonder how they keep it fresh?

Tamanon

Banned
Suramar is outdated content, so unless you really want to see its storyline, I suggest you go straight to Argus or even Broken Shore and do whatever WQs that drop gear upgrades.

Argus content(whether its invasions, elites, treasure chests or the emissary quests reward) can also drop BOA items worth at least 880 ilvl, just it's good in case you want to lvl another class(since you said you don't like DHs). Just hope its the armor type you want.

Edit : Wait, unless Suramar is required to unlock flying? It's been a while and I forgot lol.

You need to finish Suramar on one character at least to unlock Pathfinding. :/

Try to get into mythic+ groups. You'll get more of those based on the level you do. For example a +3 will give you 3/40. Makes it go by much faster.

... wait, what? Does that work for artifact skin unlocking too when it asks you something like do 30 dungeons?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I was wondering why the game felt like it had input lag. Apparently back in 7.2 blizz removed the lag tolerance setting from the interface menu and defaulted it to 400ms. Since I am a bit of a frantic button spammer i was getting double inputs and wrong abilities triggering.

Thankfully there is a script to turn it off. I figure at 400ms a lot of people who play casters won't even notice but on a rogue it's annoying.

Jarnet87

Argus content(whether its invasions, elites, treasure chests or the emissary quests reward) can also drop BOA items worth at least 880 ilvl, just it's good in case you want to lvl another class(since you said you don't like DHs). Just hope its the armor type you want.

I may go check that stuff out to get the gear upgrades, might speed things up a little

Adaren

I was wondering why the game felt like it had input lag. Apparently back in 7.2 blizz removed the lag tolerance setting from the interface menu and defaulted it to 400ms. Since I am a bit of a frantic button spammer i was getting double inputs and wrong abilities triggering.

Thankfully there is a script to turn it off. I figure at 400ms a lot of people who play casters won't even notice but on a rogue it's annoying.

Same thing happened to me when I restarted in 7.3! I thought my reaction times had just atrophied in my year away from WoW, lol.

When they removed the UI option at the start of Legion, I'm pretty sure that they said they were going to make the lag tolerance dynamic (that is, it gets automatically set to whatever your latency is). Apparently in 7.2 the dynamic system broke and it got set to 400ms for everyone, which is absurdly high.

Besides the slash command, you can also download AdvancedInterfaceOptions to change it through the Options menu (along with a bunch of other options that were removed in Legion, like bag sorting stuff).

I actually like the artifact system and I feel like anything they do from this point to go back to just having regular weapons is going to be stupid.

I'm also curious what they will do with class halls. I think that's a great thing, and we shouldn't get rid of them, but I wonder how they keep it fresh?
I can easily see them introducing a weapon forging system. Eg: we've been using ancient weapons of power so far, which is all well and good, but now it's time to forge a new legendary weapon for a new age, crafted by the greatest smiths of our time, and something you can continue to reforge into an ever more powerful weapon as you gather rarer resources in your adventures. That still allows for the artifact power system and customization options to carry over, but in a way that starting from scratch on leveling a new weapon makes sense.

As for class halls, I was wondering this too. I only play a Druid so I'd love to hear from other classes on this, but there is LOADS of free unused space in the Dreamgrove (mostly to the north). It made me wonder if that was deliberate for future expansions to build upon. Because it's the perfect place for player housing to be implemented if it's ever going to happen, and gives us something else to customize (even more than our weapons). And man, the amount of time I'd happily spend hunting down new furnishings... And if I could scatter all my pets around my Druid tree home... <3

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I can easily see them introducing a weapon forging system. Eg: we've been using ancient weapons of power so far, which is all well and good, but now it's time to forge a new legendary weapon for a new age, crafted by the greatest smiths of our time, and something you can continue to reforge into an ever more powerful weapon as you gather rarer resources in your adventures. That still allows for the artifact power system and customization options to carry over, but in a way that starting from scratch on leveling a new weapon makes sense.

As for class halls, I was wondering this too. I only play a Druid so I'd love to hear from other classes on this, but there is LOADS of free unused space in the Dreamgrove (mostly to the north). It made me wonder if that was deliberate for future expansions to build upon. Because it's the perfect place for player housing to be implemented if it's ever going to happen, and gives us something else to customize (even more than our weapons). And man, the amount of time I'd happily spend hunting down new furnishings... And if I could scatter all my pets around my Druid tree home... <3

Monk's order hall is the Wandering Isle of which only the main temple is used so there's plenty of space but Demon Hunters and Death Knights are situated on their flying fortresses with not much personal space to spare. Plus at least some of them are on the Broken Isles proper - Dreamgrove and Trueshot Lodge for example, so it's really a big mystery on what their plan is with these for the next expansion.

Most of the order halls are pretty contained without obvious places for expansion. I think the order halls are pretty clearly just going to be a Legion. They may do something similar, in a way that order halls are just garrison systems repackaged.

Overall a good thing, IMO, since some of them are really forced and for the sake of the lore should just be left to rest.

I have Whisper of the Natrezim, it was the first legendary I got for my paladin.

It's awesome.

My first was Liadrin's Fury Unleashed. And then I got Whispers of the Nathrezim second.

The day Chain of Thrayn was added to the game I got it from the world boss.

I had some insane legendary luck on my ret pally.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The wound in Silithus was updated in the most recent 7.3.2 build on the PTR, released today:

woundlhud1.png

I saw some mentions of this build (25326) being marked as release candidate.

Hi

Returning player - playing catchup a bit and trying to unlock flying for Broken Isles. Do Legion Invasions still occur in the Broken Isles? I have a quest to do one but haven't seen one pop up at all yet.

cdyhybrid

Hi

Returning player - playing catchup a bit and trying to unlock flying for Broken Isles. Do Legion Invasions still occur in the Broken Isles? I have a quest to do one but haven't seen one pop up at all yet.
Yes, they spawn every 14 hours or something like that. There's a spreadsheet out there on the internets that keeps track of all the future start times - can probably Google it.

Edit: Beaten lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
While I agree, it will make all future enemies or dungeon/raid bosses feels worthless.

"Oh, you want to destroy this town/camp? Do you think I'm scared? Do you know that I defeated something that could end all of Azeroth, even creation?"

Thats only a problem when the only thing holding up the story is the threat. i dont remember people not enjoying The Frozen Throne because the stakes werent as high as W3s.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Blizzard's plans for the order halls in the next expansion are the same as their plans for garrisons in Legion.

I meant not so much what the current order halls will do (that's pretty obvious) but rather what the matching mechanic in 8.0 will look like.

I meant not so much what the current order halls will do (that's pretty obvious) but rather what the matching mechanic in 8.0 will look like.

An instanced, stationary boat/airship, we will each be the Grand Admiral of the Horde/Alliance in Kul Tiras and command the full might of the Horde/Alliance naval and/or airship fleet (from mission command tables) against the Naga and Old Gods.

The Naruu will probably infuse us with some Light based power that will replace our missing artifact and artifact abilities.

cdyhybrid

The one wishlist thing that I'd like to see that I'm not sure will actually be in is race campaigns. They did a lot for class identity with Legion so I'd like to see some race/faction identity love.

iirate

The one wishlist thing that I'd like to see that I'm not sure will actually be in is race campaigns. They did a lot for class identity with Legion so I'd like to see some race/faction identity love.

My main want regarding races is racial glyphs. While they're at it, we could get some profession glyphs as well, the absence of both feels like a missed opportunity to me.

So I was looking at that Silithus image, is that an island off to the side of Silithus? Looking at this high-res map there is a somewhat noted landmass there. Wonder if it's just the way the map is shown or if there will be a new landmass there relevant to the new expansion.

Robin64

So I was looking at that Silithus image, is that an island off to the side of Silithus? Looking at this high-res map there is a somewhat noted landmass there. Wonder if it's just the way the map is shown or if there will be a new landmass there relevant to the new expansion.

That island sunk during Cataclysm. Oddly Blizzard are using Vanilla's Silithus map to make this one, for some reason.

Bisnic

So Battle.net will support the currency of Canada by the end of the year...

I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Does that means the subscription will change to 15$CAN/month(if so, that's good!)? Or will they do the stupid decision of putting a fixed price(like 18$/month), no matter if the value of our dollar increase overtime?

Syf

Banned
We tend to get screwed by fixed higher prices, I'm just stocking up on gold assuming that'll be the case again.

Bisnic

We tend to get screwed by fixed higher prices, I'm just stocking up on gold assuming that'll be the case again.

Yeah...I'm hoping that's not bad news for Overwatch's loot boxes either. I tend to buy a few boxes at each event.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So Battle.net will support the currency of Canada by the end of the year...

I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Does that means the subscription will change to 15$CAN/month(if so, that's good!)? Or will they do the stupid decision of putting a fixed price(like 18$/month), no matter if the value of our dollar increase overtime?

I believe the post said that subscription prices will not be changed over to CAD. Just games/services.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759339185?page=1#1

What products will be affected by these changes?
The conversion to local currencies will affect all product pricing across Blizzard Battle.net® as well as all in-game shops and any stored Blizzard Balance. Any existing recurring World of Warcraft® subscriptions will continue to use USD. However, any new or renewed subscriptions and pre-paid Game Time cards will be offered in local currency.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh this is neat, but it seems to be undocumented as far as I can see.

The subterfuge talent for rogues says you can use stealth abilities for 3 seconds after breaking stealth. I figured I'd have to make a custom macro / keybind to be able to use shadow strike instead of backstab after breaking stealth but nope! Whenever I try to use backstab after stealth breaks it just auto casts shadow strike instead.

That's real nice of blizzard.

Oh this is neat, but it seems to be undocumented as far as I can see.

The subterfuge talent for rogues says you can use stealth abilities for 3 seconds after breaking stealth. I figured I'd have to make a custom macro / keybind to be able to use shadow strike instead of backstab after breaking stealth but nope! Whenever I try to use backstab after stealth breaks it just auto casts shadow strike instead.

That's real nice of blizzard.

Pretty sure it just considers you as in stealth as far as abilities go, you just don't get the other benefits/attributes. If you watch your action bar, it shouldn't page until you're fully out of stealth status. Stealth as a whole I'm pretty sure is sort of wonky. IIRC the sound you make when entering stealth was originally a bug.

But I can't say for sure exactly how it's programmed.

Though if you're playing Subtlety, Nightstalker is the better talent in that row in like 99% of situations, but Subterfuge seems to be more dominant for Assassination.

Top Bottom