• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Tidd

100 gem - Setzer BSB (dupe...)

I guess I won't get any mythril out of these renewal dungeons. Seems like my break was earlier than I thought.

WarAdept

VI Renewal 100 gem - Celes' Save the Queen OSB.

And just like that, I have a shot at sub 30 Shadow Dragon (I have her BSB1 for EnHoly).

6VGO6UMl.jpg

nice pull!

I'm now 3/6 for the 100 gems, 2 dupes, including relms bsb (which I've now reforged, so the stats are really nice with synergy) and 1 new bsb (arc) so I'm doing better than my usual 11 pulls

WarAdept

First go at Shadow Dragon since acquiring above OSB.

This isn't going to work, need a find a way around Black Fang or just somehow fit in more DPS with a 4 man team.

pbRVBQRl.png

Rubenov

First go at Shadow Dragon since acquiring above OSB.

This isn't going to work, need a find a way around Black Fang or just somehow fit in more DPS with a 4 man team.

pbRVBQRl.png

Do you have Larsa BSB? He can become your healer and you can have him entrust the first bar to an OSB with +damage RM, then Wrath away for heals.

In my case, he entrusts TG Cid for that first OSB. That, and a couple of Saint Cross / Guardbringer, etc... can help get enough damage in to avoid the first Black Fang. It helps if you have Noctis SSB, of course.

evangd007

- Since it seems unlikely I'll finish all the revival dungeons, I'm focusing on getting mythril, MC3s, and high value accessories, then evaluating what else I want to finish and if I want to do some refreshes.

- If I have dumpster tier FF7 synergy, what is better to pull on, the revival draw or one of the upcoming Turks banners?

Xetherion

- Since it seems unlikely I'll finish all the revival dungeons, I'm focusing on getting mythril, MC3s, and high value accessories, then evaluating what else I want to finish and if I want to do some refreshes.

- If I have dumpster tier FF7 synergy, what is better to pull on, the revival draw or one of the upcoming Turks banners?

The upcoming Turks banners don't have the top FF7 prizes (Cloud Ultra and Zack Chain) on them. However, the Renewal draw has a ton of crap relics, it's basically a Lucky Draw but at full price instead of half.

So, the Renewal banner if you're willing to gamble for something amazing at low odds, or the Turks banners if you want something serviceable to good pretty much guaranteed.

Also worth considering that Cloud Ultra will almost certainly recur on the December fest, and Zack Chain will be on Super Fest if we ever get that.

WarAdept

Do you have Larsa BSB? He can become your healer and you can have him entrust the first bar to an OSB with +damage RM, then Wrath away for heals.

In my case, he entrusts TG Cid for that first OSB. That, and a couple of Saint Cross / Guardbringer, etc... can help get enough damage in to avoid the first Black Fang. It helps if you have Noctis SSB, of course.

Yeah I thought about Larsa. I'll give it a go because I noticed that before Black Fang, it's Attack to 25% Max HP AoE attack every single time. So everything can be focused during those 10 secs.

Noct is my SSB spammer. Fully LD'd as well, but he can only get off one Gladiolus Link during this timeframe.

I'll rearrange my party to include Larsa and maybe switch magicites to something that can reduce Holy Weakness (if there is one).

Xetherion

Yeah I thought about Larsa. I'll give it a go because I noticed that before Black Fang, it's Attack to 25% Max HP AoE attack every single time. So everything can be focused during those 10 secs.

Noct is my SSB spammer. Fully LD'd as well, but he can only get off one Gladiolus Link during this timeframe.

I'll rearrange my party to include Larsa and maybe switch magicites to something that can reduce Holy Weakness (if there is one).

There is no imperil Holy magicite unfortunately. I use Enkidu as my main for emergency healing, but Kirin/Unicorn can be used as subs for Empower Holy.

qWuZDJbl.png

rMk6a8Xl.png

cQzyOPl.gif

I had to redo the fight (wasting 60 stamina) because I tried to zerg rush him with RW cloud USB and I forgot the boss had a nasty AOE lightning attack. 2 damage medals lost -.-

ZangBa

Got my revenge on Bahamut SIN. Back then, my best relic was Paladin Cecil's SSB. No buffs, no AoE heal, no nothing. Eat shit, Bahamut.

Xetherion

Another sub 30 magicite achieved! Pulled Papalymo's burst during the fest so I LD him, went back to Sealion with a mage team and stomped him, cleared in 23.95!

I wish Maria had a dualcast LM2 for Hydra.

SoulUnison

Banned
Running through the renewal dungeons that occurred before I started playing about a year and a half ago is giving me an absolutely obscene stockpile of Mythril.

Yes, please. Thank you.

WarAdept

Lol nope. Can't do sub 30 Shadow Dragon.

No damage on Celes BSB1 is killing me.

I'm going wait until Marche.

Guess I'll just keep farming Mist Dragon/Fenrir.

qWuZDJbl.png

rMk6a8Xl.png

cQzyOPl.gif

I had to redo the fight (wasting 60 stamina) because I tried to zerg rush him with RW cloud USB and I forgot the boss had a nasty AOE lightning attack. 2 damage medals lost -.-
I also have to redo the fight too. I lost an action medal and a damage medal (I hardly took any damage of note nor used many abilities). I forgot back in the past those medals were quite crazy.

So my legitimate concern is how in gods name do I stall the fight long enough to give time for the shadow creepers to show up a few times? (most the time Bahamut was doing his energy ball thing) I know I won't try zerg rush with lightning (RW cloud, 2xArmy of one using an entrust, gg).

Another annoying one I need to champion is Maduin (Ultimate). I didn't do so when it first came out but at least that looks pretty straightforward.

WarAdept

The moment of truth...Larsa and Vayne event in JP has revealed Larsa's LD and USB.

Larsa USB - 0CT Medica h80, party Esuna/Status Blink/High Regen
Larsa LM1 - Small healing up
Larsa LM2 - Medium chance to doublecast White Magic abilities
Larsa LMR - Low chance to additionally cast Status Blink on ally when using single target healing White magic

There you go. Larsa gains an alternative to Rosa's OP USB by replacing the Magic Blink/HP Stock with more or less complete immunity to status effects throughout the fight.

Double cast LM2 and just in case the game didn't hammer home Larsa as the prince of Astra, his LMR procs it as well.

Reks USB - Party ATK +50%, Haste and Lightning Radiant Shield

Also on the same banner.

Worth.

Gem only pull time. 4/11:
Yshtola USB (I've never looked at what this did and oh boy...still a pretty stat stick and I suppose this means I can combine my existing XIV staffs)
Garland SSB (horray +dark sword to use with erm Garland I suppose because all my dark is magical and Sephiroph, I've already done the Dissidia Cid mission and he was like a rubbish version of Golbez using draw fire and dark zone with magic sword)
Ovelia SSB (dupe)
Cid Raines SSB (the light armour with the self buff+doom)

Once I've picked my relic I think I'll have an accidental complete Cid Raines (two SSB, BSB, OSB) -- nope I'm missing the unique (6NE hits + party hastega) and no I'm not going to use the newcomer XIII banner.

The moment of truth...Larsa and Vayne event in JP has revealed Larsa's LD and USB.

Larsa LMR - Low chance to additionally cast Status Blink on ally when using single target healing White magic

There you go. Larsa gains an alternative to Rosa's OP USB by replacing the Magic Blink/HP Stock with more or less complete immunity to status effects throughout the fight.

Double cast LM2 and just in case the game didn't hammer home Larsa as the prince of Astra, his LMR procs it as well.
There I was thinking the trend was good LMs=Bad USB and vice versa then Larsa comes along and is like "why not both good?".

This doesn't make my Sarah or Larsa crystal tower selection any easier. Sarah can do bard stuff but shines with her LMR and bard abilities (25% chase media when using bard) while Larsa gets pretty much the same LD as her (but will have to wait longer to receive it). I suppose it comes down to mblink vs. astra and Larsa can spam his a lot more readily. Neither are essential as I've got other mblink and astra sources.

Balphon

LMR is bad and the USB is going to be about even with his BSB in status-heavy fights and worse otherwise.

Doublecast white is always good, though. Certainly better than some of the crap White Mage legend dives (i.e. Rosa).

Xetherion

Reks USB - Party ATK +50%, Haste and Lightning Radiant Shield

Also on the same banner.

Worth.

Damn it, this makes my decision of which healer to LD even harder. Sarah, Vanille, Y'sh, or now Larsa. I'm holding off on this still because i use Relm for her USB most of the time but her LM2 is crap. I've been using Larsa a lot for Magicites now though since he can Entrust...

Also, I don't know why you think Reks' ultra is good. It's Shout (an SSB) with Lightning Radiant Shield tacked on. That's very underwhelming for an ultra.

Balphon

Yeah, the Reks USB is a little meh given that it follows Ramza BSB2 and Quina USB. Either of those is a better all-purpose source of Haste/ATK +50, so it'd be very situational.

I managed to finally beat Bartz and Zidane, but 2 of my guys died when I got careless and didn't cast my second wall in time. I still got mastered on that fight hahahaha.

Now I'm doing Squall on Apocalypse+ and he's immune to all breaks. Wtf, he hits hard with wall and protect. This 220 difficulty is no joke. Am I'm supposed to bring my strongest elemental abilities and heals? Gonna have to drop all my break abilities on my party and use something else in their place.

Fangs of Crimson Ultimate++ was easy enough.

Now I'm doing Squall on Apocalypse+ and he's immune to all breaks. Wtf, he hits hard with wall and protect. This 220 difficulty is no joke. Am I'm supposed to bring my strongest elemental abilities and heals? Gonna have to drop all my break abilities on my party and use something else in their place.
People like to jokingly refer to this as a magicite fight. Bolded is pretty much what you do (be careful of HP phase transitions) but your support user could find a use as an entrust bot. Since Squalls first two attacks are normal attack for about 1.5-2k damage I would do one attack to build up soul break gauges then retreat (healer had restore white magic use RM). That hit and run tactic (HnR) is what I do for most 1 stamina fights I feel will be tricky so I can have a stress free finish and I rarely spend more than 10 stamina doing this.

Effectively turning it into a jump start makes it a lot simpler especially if you have potent en-element combos (in my case Lightning USB combined with a Cloud RW made pretty short work of Squall). Although when your typical event also has a jump start you can argue I'm making things more repetitive for myself because I can usually use the same strategy for both. But it's not like I can HnR magicite :)

You might be able to do the same for the multiplayer playing solo (while the enemies have 2/3 of their HP at 99,999 apiece it's still really tough stuff due to them hitting so flipping hard but at least you don't have to contend with lag or worst of all Bartz using light of four to disconnect half the party).

Wtf, he hits hard with wall and protect.

All of his attacks are piercing, meaning that wall and Protect don't do anything. It's a gimmick fight where all mitigation is useless-- you just need to bring your strongest, fastest DPS and beat him down as quickly as possible. He's weak to all elements so there's no constraints on who you should bring.

ETA - Rubenov, are you the same Rubenov who I just read on Reddit is a Sapphire MVP? Damn dude!

WarAdept

I think it's good. Radiant Shield is a strong effect, and since it's lightning damage, assists towards Lightning Chains. Considering how much bosses AoE, I can see Lightning Radiant Shield provide a significant amount towards building that gauge.

Especially since Chains are everything when it comes to speed running stuff to the max.

But I do agree, from a more general standpoint, I'd rather use Quina's USB/Tyro's USB3.

ETA - Rubenov, are you the same Rubenov who I just read on Reddit is a Sapphire MVP? Damn dude!

Sapphire MVP?

Wazzy

Banned
I thought I spent enough to get some kind of MVP notification but nothing :/ Maybe it's because I limit my spending to VIII events and even then that only depends on how good or bad my pulls are.

I wonder if you have to spend $1000 constantly to get the promotion which is insane to me. I think being a long time player and spending a little bit should qualify me but oh well.

This fight is such a gimmick. Y'shotla kept everyone alive long enough with her bsb. Its almost a pseudo guts ability. He one shotted all my damage dealers from full health, but they survive with 1 hp.
Poor alpha took one for the team, but his Radiant shield did so much work. First time completing a 220 difficulty fight. Went ham, no walls, osb and bsb spam at 50% or bust lol.

People like to jokingly refer to this as a magicite fight.

I hadn't tried the fight until a few hours ago. I read your post right before hand and treated it exactly as such. I used my near sub-30 Holy team and utterly crushed him. He did OHKO Ramza right before the end, but other than that the fight flew by. Orlandeau was dealing 99,999s on his OSB spam and Beatrix was dual casting ~50k w/ Cloud RW'd Divine Crosses.

After reading this, I attempted to do the same. Came close. I'm hoping I can do so after I get more Light/Dark Magicites.

Balphon

Hit on my 100 gems for the FF8 banner with Squall's USB.

Isn't the best USB, but is at the very least a good reason to use an MC3 on Squall.

evangd007

Thought I missed the boat on picking a BSB from the choice banner, but it ends tomorrow morning. I chose Edea's BSB because I realized that it was 90% of the reason I wanted to pull on the next FFVIII banner, so I probably can skip that one now.

FF2 banner 1 - 4/11 - Gordon SSB, Gordon LMR, Scott SSB, Josef SSB

Nice quantity, questionable quality. It, however, does make FF2 my third realm with all four of hastega, boostga, faithga, and medica.

I want to pull on Banner 1, but the next event in Japan is also a FFII event, so I’ll wait until next Wednesday to see what those banners are first. I really want Ricard’s BSB though.

ultra7k

Did something happen to the backend of the game? It feels like it's running at 60fps on iOS vs the usual 30. Everything is consistently buttery smooth - it's somewhat off putting!

SoulUnison

Banned
Did something happen to the backend of the game? It feels like it's running at 60fps on iOS vs the usual 30. Everything is consistently buttery smooth - it's somewhat off putting!

That happens to me every once in a while but then it goes back to 30 next time I launch or when I have to force quit because it starts getting loading errors.

I can't seem to figure out what triggers it or if it's even intentional.

Kain

So, did a pull on the II banner:

1/11 (hahahaha as always), Gordon's USB. I already have Faris' USB2 but it's fire, fire is good as I have almost nothing.

Then pulled on the VIII banner with 100 gem and got Raijin's BSB! Now lightning is my second strongest element and my VIII synergy is stacked lol.

btw, with the new event format we only get 8 mythril?

Top Bottom