• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time |OT| Happy Endings Gone Forever More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good episode tonight. Man this show is great. Only thing I thought could have been better is how the kids defeated the blind witch.

Ahh, so I decided to look up who Michael was as I knew him from somewhere. He's Nicholas Lea, or Krycek from the X-Files. Ahhhhh.

I also thought the blind witch was pretty hot...and she turns out to be Emma Caulifield, from TiMER that I just watched this past week, who I thought was pretty damn hot. Ahhhh!!!

Liked this episode. Very focused with just enough teases for mystery (ominous bike rider) and a taste of the overarching myth/story (Snow White being the mom). Not my favorite episode, but good nonetheless.

Personally, I am not turned of by the CG - although having watched LOST, I don't think anything will ever beat that crap submarine shot.

Except the sub is real.

:/

Trying to catch up, watched the fall finale (shocking!) and then the mr gold episode (surprising!)

Enjoyed how the desmon character was all about "seeing you in another life"

And is it just me, or are they adding more lost noises whenever the screen goes dark before a commercial?

Except the sub is real.

:/

No!

C9NOS.gif

SuperPac

Liked this episode. Very focused with just enough teases for mystery (ominous bike rider) and a taste of the overarching myth/story (Snow White being the mom). Not my favorite episode, but good nonetheless.

I definitely like the show and thought this was a good episode. I'm wondering how they're going to handle characters waking up to their former selves. The Huntsman kinda did,
before he met his end
, but I'd like to see more moments/characters like that.

And oh god that sub scene...

Best ep yet tonight.

Stealthy! =(
She drank the potion!!!!!

Only bad part was the cliff. Didn't like it in Lost...didn't like it here...too far fetched...falling, miraculously grabbing something AND being saved.

Samara

Damn, the Queen was SOUR at the end. LMAO. Love conquers all,bitch!

I'm guessing this is the end of the season? I didn't see next week's preview.

Damn, the Queen was SOUR at the end. LMAO. Love conquers all,bitch!

I'm guessing this is the end of the season? I didn't see next week's preview.

This show has the same problem Lost did. A bajillion more episodes until the end of the season. We have eleven more episodes to go.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
This show has the same problem Lost did. A bajillion more episodes until the end of the season. We have eleven more episodes to go.

. . eleven???

WHY!?

My girlfriend loves this show and I watch it with her. It's gotten better, but 11 more episodes better??

vadernoooooooooo.jpg

Yay for 11 more eps this season. Hasn't been a bad ep yet and I assume there won't be. Dunno why you guys are upset with that.

My fandom has reached a new high as my Once Upon A Time T-Shirt arrived today. Decided to go with green. Looks awesome. Also got my first Lost shirt. LU Lost University with a polar bear. Got that in black. Add to that 2 ATB(the DJ) shirts I recently got(brown and cardinal) all from CafePress.

SuperPac

Just watched the latest ep.

It was beautiful. Tragic, but beautiful.

This show never fails to make me feel.

And YAY for the seven dwarves!

It was an extreeeeemely schmaltzy episode. Still quite good, but piled on the sentimentality. and yes, this show has turned into LOST.

OMG next episode Beauty and the Rumplebeast!!! EXCITE

Emilie De Ravin! The first of the Losties to make her appearance on this show. I expect at least 5 to show up through its run.

Anyhow. This last ep was ok but somewhat predictable. Overall I'd say it was the worst of the series so far but it will obviously be an important set up for something later. The Genie dude was definitely channeling his inner Mr. Eko in the way he talked.

Medalion

Banned
Sorry I've been away for awhile

I watched all the comeback eps but didn't share my thoughts

I enjoyed all of them, including last night's except for the overly drawn out ep regarding Mary and David's will they or won't they in the real world episode, but I don't actually hate them as a couple

I hope this show carries on for at least 3 seasons

Sorry I've been away for awhile

I watched all the comeback eps but didn't share my thoughts

I enjoyed all of them, including last night's except for the overly drawn out ep regarding Mary and David's will they or won't they in the real world episode, but I don't actually hate them as a couple.

I hope this show carries on for at least 3 seasons

But that was the best episode!!! =(

Medalion

Banned
But that was the best episode!!! =(

I respectfully disagree :)

I was intruiged by the Rumplestiltskin origin story but it kinda seemed a little off for me

Last night's ep was indeed predictable but I was entertained despite some painfully bad acting on Sidney's part

I dare even say that the kid, Henry, is getting better and becoming less annoying, but Emma still acts like she's not knowing what she's doing half the time.. it's quite depressing, cuz I started watching this show cuz of Jennifer Morrison.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So of all the LOST-spirited shows this season, what's the best/your favorite?

Including:
Once Upon A Time
Alcatraz
Person of Interest*

Bonus Round:
Hawaii 5-0**

*Michael Emerson alone is worth it
**Not S1, but I think Terry OQuin is now a perm cast member this season?

Arment

Once Upon a Time and Alcatraz are the only ones that feel like Lost to me, but I'm liking both. Once Upon a Time a bit more so than Alcatraz atm.

Basch

For some reason, I really don't like this show. I think the writing is terrible. The characters are cheesy. Everything in general is just over-the-top. I really didn't like this episode. I did enjoy the previous one, though. I don't know. I enjoy Person of Interest and Alcatraz a great deal, but not this one.

For some reason, I really don't like this show. I think the writing is terrible. The characters are cheesy. Everything in general is just over-the-top.

I agree with this. I think the worst part for me is how slowly the plot moves. I understand that they're trying to show parallels between Storybrooke and what happened in Fairy Tale Land (or whatever it's called), but the show just moves so slowly and much of what happens isn't particularly interesting. Maybe this is the whole amnesia motif that's explored throughout the show, but it's just moving so damn slowly. Hopefully it ends in a great payoff when characters regain memory of the two worlds, but for now it's just frustrating.

None of the villains seem all that villainous. After watching Sunday's episode, Giancarlo Esposito's enormous talent seems pitifully wasted on such a bland supporting role (even following the predictable reveal). The good characters are boring and are so physically similar that I sometimes get them mixed up. Henry is a static character who hasn't changed or grown throughout the course of the first dozen or so episodes. I've found myself just not caring what happens to any of the characters.

And yet, I must continue to watch this show weekly because my girlfriend loves it. Ugh.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't think we'll see any more characters remembering their past for a while, it would completely change the dynamic of the "real world" storyline. As it stands, only Regina knows about the fairytale land (unless she just enjoying crushing glowing hearts for some other reason), if anyone else were to believe then it'd move things way too quickly towards her being some supernatural force to be dealt with. I'm fine with things going the way they are for now.

I'm kind of confused by the fairytale storyline with Snow and Charming and their struggles to be together, especially as we already know they end up married. As it's been mentioned though that's probably just to serve as a mirror to the events in Storybrook. I quite like how it's all panning out though, interesting to find out where all the characters fit into the stories and see where things are going. Definitely not a bad show by any means.

I don't think we'll see any more characters remembering their past for a while, it would completely change the dynamic of the "real world" storyline. As it stands, only Regina knows about the fairytale land (unless she just enjoying crushing glowing hearts for some other reason), if anyone else were to believe then it'd move things way too quickly towards her being some supernatural force to be dealt with. I'm fine with things going the way they are for now.

I think that The Stranger knows. I mean, he's written as knowing. There's no way the character is written that vague without knowing.

He's a writer.
He took The Book, which means he was searching for it.

But in true Lost fashion, we won't know anything until the finale.

The interesting thing is that he came from outside Storybrooke.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'd forgotten about the stranger. Yeah, that could add an interesting dynamic. At first I thought he could be who'd written the stories to begin with, but that doesn't fit in with them being real people in the other world, unless he wrote the stories about them afterwards. Still, cautiously optimistic about the character. I agree that no massive changes to the status quo or big revelations will come until the finale, but as long as the episodes remain entertaining I've no real issue with it.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!

I'm kind of confused by the fairytale storyline with Snow and Charming and their struggles to be together, especially as we already know they end up married. As it's been mentioned though that's probably just to serve as a mirror to the events in Storybrook. I quite like how it's all panning out though, interesting to find out where all the characters fit into the stories and see where things are going. Definitely not a bad show by any means.

I think Mr. Gold knows about the fairyland as well.

Something I've said elsewhere: the show needs an ending the way Lost needed one. This way it's easier to see that there is an end in sight to have the story lines wrap up. The curse is going to end - that's the point of the show - and when it does the show is basically over. I don't know how they're going to stretch that for a long time (how many fairy-tale characters can they appropriate before running out?) but there is definitely an end time for the show. Past that it's just fooling itself.

Also: I read an interesting theory that the "stranger" is a
Grimm and wrote the book

sajj316

Not a big fan of TV shows but this show has got me. The characters and storyline are all fascinating. My wife and I can't stop watching.

Medalion

Banned
The new writer character is not yet known what his ultimate role will be, and thus far the way they use him on the show makes him more annoying than me wanting to know more about him. He basically hits on Emma, then backs off, harasses Henry about his book which for some reason now he has in his possession. Let's see if he is the ultimate author of this book.

I just started watching this, Im hooked.
I am amazed at the production value. How in the world they made Cinderella look spot on and not corny or the ballroom dance, i don't know.

I don't know how they can make this more than one season though.

love the way it feels like LOST, Pushing Daisies, Enchanted, and Shrek

I'd forgotten about the stranger. Yeah, that could add an interesting dynamic. At first I thought he could be who'd written the stories to begin with, but that doesn't fit in with them being real people in the other world, unless he wrote the stories about them afterwards. Still, cautiously optimistic about the character. I agree that no massive changes to the status quo or big revelations will come until the finale, but as long as the episodes remain entertaining I've no real issue with it.

I'm of the view that the Enchanted Forest is the just our past.

This theory has street cred when you take into consideration the Sinkhole Episode.

(On Hulu, before that episode, people apparently thought that the fairy tale plot was a metaphor and not real?)

Arment

That might have been the best episode yet. Wow. And the preview for next week's ep...WOW!!!

I was coming here to say just that. The best episode so far. And now we know Rumpelstiltskin remembers, as I pretty much suspected. This show is going to be epic once more people start remembering.

I'm wondering how that's going to come about, considering it seems like true love's first kiss is basically how curses are broken. When she kissed the sheriff he remembered, yet Snow hasn't quite remembered when she kisses Charming. There's a lot more episodes to come though.

I was coming here to say just that. The best episode so far. And now we know Rumpelstiltskin remembers, as I pretty much suspected. This show is going to be epic once more people start remembering.

I'm wondering how that's going to come about, considering it seems like true love's first kiss is basically how curses are broken. When she kissed the sheriff he remembered, yet Snow hasn't quite remembered when she kisses Charming. There's a lot more episodes to come though.

He probably has to end it with his wife first before the kiss triggers something in him and Snow.

Great episode tonight.
though for a minute
I thought if they had actually killed Belle, I would never watch this again

Kinda hoping Jasmine shows up at some point.

StuBurns

Banned
Really great episode, and Emilie de Ravin is still ridiculously cute. Lost must have made such an impact on me, every time I see any of them I get the tingles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom