• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Koren

Truly impressive... that's a great job. I want more photos, I can see myself tweaking some parts of the UCS one with your ideas...

willp2003

I guess he used 1x2 plates in the middle row...

Code:
[ O    O ][ O    O ][ O    O ][ O    O ]...
[ O    O    O ][ O    O ][ O    O ][ O  ...

And 2x2 on top and bottom to join them.

Interesting... I was worried with things like the arches used to create the holes. I'm not that scared with plates and tiles (though... 5x16 is a typo, right?!

Yeah there are enough arches on the bottom to swap with the top.
It's a 2x2 plates, top middle and bottom, and on the back linked by a 1x2 clear brick. On the front is just 3 1x1 round plates stacked directly on top of the 2x2 plates.
Yeah typo, 6x16 plate

willp2003

Here's a pic for those interested in how it's built up.
7Woh2RK.jpg

62 x 2x2 plate LBG
43 x 1x2 brick trans clear
258 x 1x1 round plate trans blue
2x 2x3 plate LBG
Plus other bits to attach it to the existing bits.

Haines

Banned
Guess im going to have to avoid this thread for a while. Trying to aboid being spoiled on the falcon build. Written was easy to ignore, photo not so much

There's some cool nexo knights sets, but like with (normal) Ninjago it's only a couple cool ones each year. Year 1 was the best. I don't like how the vehicles have the heroes highlights on them now. Makes the color schemes feel all over the place. Also they don't have as good of medieval themes. Giant sword jet is cool. Weird futuristic plane that doesn't have any discernable motifs is not.

Yeah there are enough arches on the bottom to swap with the top.
It's a 2x2 plates, top middle and bottom, and on the back linked by a 1x2 clear brick. On the front is just 3 1x1 round plates stacked directly on top of the 2x2 plates.
Yeah typo, 6x16 plate
Oh that's your MOC? That's awesome! I also assumed it was the UCS.

willp2003

Mine is 75192, but I've changed things that I didn't like. The other one is the moc based on Marshall Bananas design (which is better than the official one). Check out his other stuff on Flickr if you haven't already.

DonShula

I thought Nexo Knights was cancelled. How is it not cancelled?

The last wave was on perma-clearance and could be had for 50% off pretty much any time, anywhere.

The Lego Store shafted it into a tiny spot where no one would bother to look for it.

Cancel that mess and give me some got dang Space or something.

Damn the quake mech is fucking huge. I counted studs and its about 38 studs wide or nearly 12 inches. . Seems like its close to in scale with the movie version, similar to the fire mech.

Ponn

Banned
Reminder that this promo goes live tonight:

PhBfQBy.jpg

I really want that hoodie piece. i forgot to preorder the new Dimensions sets and they are sold out everywhere. Normally id wait for a firesale but i may get some of the sets through S@H and get this promo.

Weevilone

I had grabbed the piggy bank freebie a while back and stashed it away. My daughter was home sick from school today, so I gave it to her.

She enjoyed the shit out of it all day. It couldn't have worked out better.

mrkgoo

After more than 1 year of planning, collecting parts and seeking advise, I managed to reverse engineer Marshal Banana's Millennium Falcon masterpiece!

Some finishing touches are missing like a few details that I am waiting parts for, as well as led lighting for the engine and mandibles.

I used more than 8,000 parts for the construction.

The amount of work I put into this, even though it is a replica, was crazy I tell you...

Anyhow here are a few pics:

PVm4B8c.jpg

3LR5Na0.jpg

7wlmlaH.jpg

Xz8kUcL.jpg

9McOsBk.jpg

NuI75rO.jpg

I will update with proper photography when the model is fully finished, but had to share my excitement with you!

PS: Errr I tried to put the photos in spoiler tags so that they dont take up so much space but somehow they took the same space but was only blank? Is there another way to spoiler tag pics without taking so much space on the page?

O_O you people are mad....

mad good

Eh, this work needs to be shown off, so I don't mind quoting.

Ponn

Banned
Well that was painless, if only it always was this way.

Also got another Mini Dragon promo along with the Lloyd promo.

Yup me too! Glad to get both freebies. Now to get Train Station and something else for Oct VIP promo and then wait and see for Nov. Im honestly in a holding pattern on big sets till this Wayne Manor rumor is cleared up.

Surely Nexo Knights time will be up in 2018?

Me and my son enjoyed some of the first wave but it's all just a bit boring to us now, then again I always prefer buildings and vignettes to vehicles.

My big Lego regret however is not getting into it till after Monster Fighters, hope the next IP has some similarities to that

(And yes I appreciate that it was a lot of vehicles as well)

Rootbeer

Banned
*patiently waits for Destiny's Bounty sale*
Yeah they are really dragging their feet on that one... been hoping some of the larger Last Jedi sets would go on discount too. So far, nothing.

C'Mon retailers. I need a lot of these at 20 or 30% off or i'm not biting. I know how this game works :p

iuuk

Damn, my Falcon just shipped without any indication that it would (status was 'backordered' for the entire time), before I could make a decision whether I want to keep it right now or wait for a better offer.
Guess I have to keep it now, no other options. None.

Roody

Neo Member
Damn, my Falcon just shipped without any indication that it would (status was 'backordered' for the entire time), before I could make a decision whether I want to keep it right now or wait for a better offer.
Guess I have to keep it now, no other options. None.

This gives me hope that my "backordered" order will ship soon too. You just got a shipping email without your order status changing in the "Orders" page?

I'm still waiting for my Palace Cinema that I ordered the day they said it would retire...

However since I haven't got that one yet and I don't want to splurge on Lego to fast, it ha given me a chance to pick up some of the minifigs from series 17. So far my favorite is the guy who sells hot dogs, I think I'm gonna put him in the concessionstand in PC when I get it, seems like the best fit.

However one thing that sucks is that the highwayman had really loose legs, so he is really hard to pose.

DBT85

Finally sorted ane logged my old lego (well, most of it, it was getting tiresome so the big easy blocks I left till another day)

In the meantime. What to do?
apart from stop taking photos with a potato?

nyC8oLG.jpg

First discount on the Green Ninja Mech Dragon, 20% off

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LB2K8D/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That is a good deal. I am waiting for xmas shopping season to see if good sets like that see a 30% discount.

Edit: read your later post. Yeah, 30% is the sweet deal. 20% i usually bite on sets I want, but there are too many nowadays and I'm way behind on sets that don't see discounts. Too much selection and inventory IMO. I'm hopeful we will see a very good xmas sale season like a few year ago where we saw sales on par with clearance (up to 40%).

iuuk

This gives me hope that my "backordered" order will ship soon too. You just got a shipping email without your order status changing in the "Orders" page?

Last time I checked was wednesday and it was still backordered then, so unless there was a short change on thursday it did indeed go from backordered to shipped straight away.
This is in Europe (NL) if that matters at all. Ordered it at 9:00 (am) on its release date when it was already out of regular stock without me ever seeing them in stock (even though I checked).

Ryuuroden

Surely Nexo Knights time will be up in 2018?

Me and my son enjoyed some of the first wave but it's all just a bit boring to us now, then again I always prefer buildings and vignettes to vehicles.

My big Lego regret however is not getting into it till after Monster Fighters, hope the next IP has some similarities to that

(And yes I appreciate that it was a lot of vehicles as well)

My fiancee wishes I had gotten the monster fighters sets like vampire castle. She got mad as soon as she discovered they existed.

DonShula

Finally sorted ane logged my old lego (well, most of it, it was getting tiresome so the big easy blocks I left till another day)

In the meantime. What to do?
apart from stop taking photos with a potato?

nyC8oLG.jpg

Put your money where your mouth is and empty all six of those boxes at the same time!

Mix the bags is for lightweights.

MIX THE BOXES.

DBT85

Put your money where your mouth is and empty all six of those boxes at the same time!

Mix the bags is for lightweights.

MIX THE BOXES.

hahaha.

You guys won't mix 2 bags and you suggest I do nearly 18,000 parts :p

Honestly don't have enough space or containers to mix them all. Not that I'm that crazy anyway.

I plan on doing them all in part quantity order, mixing bags for each. If I'm still sane once I've done Slave 1 then I'll try Death Star and then...possibly... the falcon.

DonShula

hahaha.

You guys won't mix 2 bags and you suggest I do nearly 18,000 parts :p

Honestly don't have enough space or containers to mix them all. Not that I'm that crazy anyway.

I plan on doing them all in part quantity order, mixing bags for each. If I'm still sane once I've done Slave 1 then I'll try Death Star and then...possibly... the falcon.

Death Star took up my entire dining room table when separated into individual piece groups. And it stayed that way for days due to my slow pace.

I would honestly build it first. You will probably find better techniques in the other sets (i.e. do the oldest first).

Top Bottom