• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm pretty sure I just had the shittiest party experience

No matter how properly you acted or presented yourself, someone on NeoGAF will always find ways to find fault with you.

Yep.

Case in point...
Yea it's easier to believe black ppl call other black ppl too logical . That makes more sense.
Noooooo way op is confused/ mistaken about that. He was only very high and drunk.

You weren't there, you didn't see or experience it. Why would he lie?
Did I say he lied? He probably misunderstood. College educated black kids aren't yelling out " your too logical !!! Be more illogical like the rest of us blacks!" I don't have to be there to know this.

Herne

Did I say he lied? He probably misunderstood. College educated black kids aren't yelling out " your too logical !!! Be more illogical like the rest of us blacks!" I don't have to be there to know this.

You have no idea what was said. Neither do I, but I tend to believe people more than I instantly think they're lying. If the OP is lying to... I dunno, get sympathy from strangers, then that's very sad. If he's not and it happened exactly as he said, then the powerful reactions of those who didn't believe him are sadder still.

You have no idea what was said. Neither do I, but I tend to believe people more than I instantly think they're lying. If the OP is lying to... I dunno, get sympathy from strangers, then that's very sad. If he's not and it happened exactly as he said, then the powerful reactions of those who didn't believe him are sadder still.
You keep saying lying. I actually do have some idea what was said cuz op describes it. He described what was actually said... Op NEVER said anyone SAID he was being too logical he just added that in there cuz he assumes it's why. He said they SAID he is quirky. They SAID he speaks too properly to be black. He DIDNT say they said the words " your too logical be illogical like us blacks". But sure ignore all that. I must be having a unwarranted powerful negative reaction. This is neogaf etc etc.

ElyrionX

I mean they sound shitty and all and GAF will always side with you in such threads but that's just one side of the story. These things are never that clear and you've probably done things to annoy them in the past as well.

The fact that you needed to create a thread to rant about what seems like relatively small social issues that people do experience from time to time and also being a drama queen about it by calling it "the shittiest party experience" is quite indicative that you're not the most fun guy to be around.

All I'm saying is, some self reflection from time to time is never a bad idea and perhaps, sometimes the problem is with you and not everyone else around you.That's fine. I'm a huge asshole and I make thing difficult for other people all the damn time. But at least, I am aware of it and I am honest about it LOL.

Herne

You keep saying lying. I actually do have some idea what was said cuz op describes it. He described what was actually said... Op NEVER said anyone SAID he was being too logical he just added that in there cuz he assumes it's why. He said they SAID he is quirky. They SAID he speaks too properly to be black. He DIDNT say they said the words " your too logical be illogical like us blacks". But sure ignore all that. I must be having a unwarranted powerful negative reaction. This is neogaf etc etc.

After a while, Danny and Jonathan come together and start talking about me and how I'm not really black because I'm​ proper speaking and pretty logical.

That sure sounds to me that they said proper speaking and pretty logical (which sounds like the weirdest nonsense to me, but what do I know?). There doesn't seem to be much interpretation of "they said this and I assume because of this".

And sure, he was drunk and high, as were the idiots I assume. That doesn't mean he was misinterpreting them or misremembering it.

Are people so surprised that black people are chided for being "well-spoken" compared to usually those persons' stereotypical views of the race? C'mon, all us minorities get this. "You're not like those other [minority group] who are [negative stereotypes], you're so much better than them". I get this all the time as a british pakistani.
I mean they sound shitty and all and GAF will always side with you in such threads but that's just one side of the story. These things are never that clear and you've probably done things to annoy them in the past as well.

The fact that you needed to create a thread to rant about what seems like relatively small social issues that people do experience from time to time and also being a drama queen about it by calling it "the shittiest party experience" is quite indicative that you're not the most fun guy to be around.

All I'm saying is, some self reflection from time to time is never a bad idea and perhaps, sometimes the problem is with you and not everyone else around you.That's fine. I'm a huge asshole and I make thing difficult for other people all the damn time. But at least, I am aware of it and I am honest about it LOL.

Wow, way to victim blame all the way through. OP must have done something to get racist and homophobic reactions, can't have been that others were just assholes.

Herne

Are people so surprised that black people are chided for being "well-spoken" compared to usually those persons' stereotypical views of the race? C'mon, all us minorities get this. "You're not like those other [minority group] who are [negative stereotypes], you're so much better than them"

I dunno man. I've never seen this happen in Ireland. Pretty shitty of people :/

After a while, Danny and Jonathan come together and start talking about me and how I'm not really black because I'm​ proper speaking and pretty logical.

That sure sounds to me that they said proper speaking and pretty logical (which sounds like the weirdest nonsense to me, but what do I know?). There doesn't seem to be much interpretation of "they said this and I assume because of this".

And sure, he was drunk and high, as were the idiots I assume. That doesn't mean he was misinterpreting them or misremembering it.
Ok -__- now read the post he made quoting mine when I asked him about it. He went on to blame the illogical statement on how he explains everything he is doing while walking to the store wit jon. Report back when you read that. This means he is taking that to mean they think he is too logical to be black. In his mind over explaining= too logical. Which is not true.
They are talking about him. " this guy went to the store with me and explained everything step by step! It was awkward!"
Op hears and thinks ugh I'm too logical for these blacks I guess.

Nerokis

Uhh, what? It's not improbable that the two dudes were just assholes who decided they didn't like the OP for whatever reason, and the OP venting about his experience is perfectly understandable.

You realize you didn't have to randomly start shitting on the OP to make the point that there are two sides to every story, right?

Spladam

A girl in my club that remembered me really well starts to dance with me after flirting. She tells me how much she loves me, tries to get her arm between mine, but I block it, then she grabs my crotch, realized I wasn't interested and walked away really frustrated. I played it off. I didn't want my night to end with sex.

You should have just left with this chick. I don't understand why you stayed there hanging out with these people.

Grandius

Neo Member
Ok -__- now read the post he made quoting mine when I asked him about it. He went on to blame the illogical statement on how he explains everything he is doing while walking to the store wit jon. Report back when you read that. This means he is taking that to mean they think he is too logical to be black. In his mind over explaining= too logical. Which is not true.
They are talking about him. " this guy went to the store with me and explained everything step by step! It was awkward!"
Op hears and thinks ugh I'm too logical for these blacks I guess.
Sorry, Aizen, but I have a serious question: are you sure you read the OP and understood it? Because, after reading your first post in the thread and seeing stuff not even closely mentioned in OP I thought that you might be filling the blanks on your own to...create some narrative? OP didn't say that Danny and Jonathan were black. The whole "too logical" and "over explain" came not from OP in the conversation, but from those two.

Nothing to do with 'cashless society'. I distinctly remember a clerk having a meltdown when I did this buying a bottle of wine on brick lane in the 1990s.
He just couldn't work out why the heck I was doing it. He had to go into the back and get an older gentleman to do the transaction. It was nuts.

Sorry, Aizen, but I have a serious question: are you sure you read the OP and understood it? Because, after reading your first post in the thread and seeing stuff not even closely mentioned in OP I thought that you might be filling the blanks on your own to...create some narrative? OP didn't say that Danny and Jonathan were black. The whole "too logical" and "over explain" came not from OP in the conversation, but from those two.
Op was asked if they were black . He didn't answer. He did reply to my question about If black ppl actually said those words. That would be the time to say " they aren't black" correct? But op explained what happened and didn't correct me about them not Being black... which means they are. Op is too logical to not correct me on that. Right ?

I'll say it again go find the post op quoted me in. His going to the store story is where he got the logical thing from. It was a direct answer to a direct question I asked. No blanks needed.
Do you understand better now?

Edit: and if op is too drunk/ high to not answer with " they aren't black" to a question asking specifically if black ppl said those words then he isn't in the right state of mind to discuss this anyway imo

Oxn

Op was asked if they were black . He didn't answer. He did reply to my question about If black ppl actually said those words. That would be the time to say " they aren't black" correct? But op explained what happened and didn't correct me about them not Being black... which means they are. Op is too logical to not correct me on that. Right ?

I'll say it again go find the post op quoted me in. His going to the store story is where he got the logical thing from. It was a direct answer to a direct question I asked. No blanks needed.
Do you understand better now?

What store? There was a store in the story?

Oxn

Op went with Jon to get more drinks. Keep up.
Post 28. I assume u read the whole thread not just the op. If u want the whole story right ?

Ive read through the OPs post in this thread twice now. Unless it was editted out i dont see a mention of that.

Oxn

Post 28
4th line
Went with Jon to get more drinks. Why op is going anywhere with Jon is anyone's guess.

Yea i read that part. Where is the mention of a store? It means they walked over to the area where all the drinks are located lol.

Man you should take your own advice in this thread, haha.

Yea i read that part. Where is the mention of a store? It means they walked over to the area where all the drinks are located lol.

Man you should take your own advice in this thread, haha.
Lol You don't think that can be interpreted either way?? Ookkkk sure. It could literally be either. Did he say that or are u filling in blanks. Quote the mention of other area as opposed to a store.. or are u just assuming that's what he meant.

Oxn

Lol You don't think that can be interpreted either way?? Ookkkk sure. It could literally be either. Did he say that or are u filling in blanks. Quote the mention of other area as opposed to a store.. or are u just assuming that's what he meant.

Ahhh i see, you're one of those.

Im out.

Yo, he means drinks that are already at the party he is at, not going off out of the party somewhere to get them.
Maybe..but op didn't specify when asked. That sentence could mean either or. Anyway why are we discussing if it was a store or a kitchen. The point is he told op he explains too much not that he is too logical. Over explaining doesn't equal too logical.

Yeah, I'm tired. I'm​ pretty much talking about when the party really started. He starts to tell the guys around me that I'm "Quirky", then he tells me a bunch of things that make me quirky while me and another person with him start to grab drinks.

Contextually, this would imply that it is a different area within the same party.

Contextually, this would imply that it is a different area within the same party.
Yea you are right. Now from the story can you infer if Jon is black or not? In your opinion from reading me and op's short back and forth it would seem like Jon is black right? Otherwise op would have mentioned he wasn't when I asked correct? Is that the most logical conclusion to you as well?

Yea you are right. Now from the story can you infer of Jon is black or not? In your opinion from reading me and op's short back and forth it would seem like Jon is black right? Otherwise op would have mentioned he wasn't when I asked correct? Is that the most logical conclusion to you as well?

Actually, from the OP's descriptions and conversation, I can't tell. There are absolutely no indicators either way, save your assertion that "black ppl wouldn't say that", which after that point I don't think OP responded, mostly likely because he was tired and went to sleep. Either way, would that make his situation or the actions of his club mates any less immature or douchey?

Actually, from the OP's descriptions and conversation, I can't tell. There are absolutely no indicators either way, save your assertion that "black ppl wouldn't say that", which after that point I don't think OP responded, mostly likely because he was tired and went to sleep. Either way, would that make his situation or the actions of his club mates any less immature or douchey?
Read my very first question. Did I question if black ppl would say a black man is acting too logical to be black An did op reply to that post?

luchadork

OP didn't say that Danny and Jonathan were black.

jonathan and danny are the president and club organizers of the african american history club, hosting a party full of african women at an african womans house, where congolese students are living. its not a stretch to assume they too are black.

honestly, its pretty clear to me these guys are dickheads and dont like OP. OP sounds like he has poor social skills. this is hinted upon in what the dickheads were saying to him (ie you talk different, youre quirky), his own actions and behaviours (not standing up for himself, rejecting affection, laughing at other people behind their backs), and OP saying this isnt the first time he's had trouble connecting with people. i mean 'quirky' is just a coded way of saying this motherfucker lacks self awareness of how he acts around other people.

then add alcohol to the mix.

i'm sorry you went through what sounds like a really shit experience but ffs OP you gotta stand up for yourself in these situations. we can all pat you on the back and coddle you but part of life is dealing with dickheads. i'm not advocating fighting or getting angry. but being confident and forthright and shutting down people clowning on you. even if standing up for yourself involves just leaving. you cant just sit there and let people treat you like shit.

but overall, i think the thing that might benefit you the most is a bit of self reflection. when people are coming up to you and outright telling you that they cant connect with you and you yourself are unaware why, it tells me you need to grow a lot emotionally. you can still be you. but be more emotionally giving. good and bad. dont just shut down and go inward. show emotions and put them out there for people to connect with.

jonathan and danny are the president and club organizers of the african american history club, hosting a party full of african women at an african womans house, where congolese students are living. its not a stretch to assume they too are black.

honestly, its pretty clear to me these guys are dickheads and dont like OP. OP sounds like he has poor social skills. this is hinted upon in what the dickheads were saying to him (ie you talk different, youre quirky), his own actions and behaviours (not standing up for himself, rejecting affection, laughing at other people behind their backs), and OP saying this isnt the first time he's had trouble connecting with people. i mean 'quirky' is just a coded way of saying this motherfucker lacks self awareness of how he acts around other people.

then add alcohol to the mix.

i'm sorry you went through what sounds like a really shit experience but ffs OP you gotta stand up for yourself in these situations. we can all pat you on the back and coddle you but part of life is dealing with dickheads. i'm not advocating fighting or getting angry. but being confident and forthright and shutting down people clowning on you. even if standing up for yourself involves just leaving. you cant just sit there and let people treat you like shit.

but overall, i think the thing that might benefit you the most is a bit of self reflection. when people are coming up to you and outright telling you that they cant connect with you and you yourself are unaware why, it tells me you need to grow a lot emotionally. you can still be you. but be more emotionally giving. good and bad. dont just shut down and go inward. show emotions and put them out there for people to connect with.
nah man being presidents of the African American history club is no indication that they are black apparently.

Read my very first question. Did I question if black ppl would say a black man is acting too logical to be black An did op reply to that post?

They're black. They acted arrogantly and immaturely in a fashion toward OP that made him question the extent of their relationship.

They're white. They acted arrogantly and immaturely in a fashion toward OP that made him question the extent of their relationship.

Why does the difference or similarity of their skin color have a bearing on their behavior for you?

sturmdogg

To keep it short, some club mates, classmates, "friends" decided to get together for a house party.

Mind you, this is an African American History Club and it has a lot to do with my experience.

Disclaimer: I'm black

Anyways, all starts off good. I get​ the house, and it's owned by an African woman and some European guy. They host a few of our Congolese African classmates. The house is big and by the beach, just beautiful.

I get there and start having drinks with a guy named, let's just say, Jonathan. We were classmates and he is club organizer. We drink a bit before the party really starts to ramp up, literally starts to tell people I'm quirky. I am, but I understand why I am. Things get annoying after that, but I'm still drinking and having a good time.

After​ everything moves to the basement, the club President, let's say, Danny, comes in and starts drinking with us guys and girls. We are all in the basement dancing, etc.

After a while, Danny and Jonathan come together and start talking about me and how I'm not really black because I'm​ proper speaking and pretty logical. This pretty much ruins my vibe and I stay to get really sober.

A girl in my club that remembered me really well starts to dance with me after flirting. She tells me how much she loves me, tries to get her arm between mine, but I block it, then she grabs my crotch, realized I wasn't interested and walked away really frustrated. I played it off. I didn't want my night to end with sex.

Danny and Jonathan pick up on what happened and start spreading the narrative that I'm gay, really white, that I don't like black people, then they Danny comes up to me while I'm laying down on couch and kept yelling "fuck your life". I ignored it the whole time. Later on, he throws a metal lined bottle cap at my head full force.

I'm just annoyed by all of this. I was rejected bécasse I'm not black enough for them or some shit, but they don't even know that, apart from my voice and way of doing things, our experiences in life are almost the same. I don't act like I'm better than other black people, but for some reason, these folks just couldn't understand that.

For the record, Jonathan rolled his Ford Explorer into the European guy's​ Infinity G35 and did a hit and run. Danny was drinking and driving and I don't know what happened to him.

I'm not even sure what I did wrong here.

But why?

Kurita

It might sound crazy to some people ITT but not being in the mood for sex isn't unheard of, and not everyone is into one night stands.

They're black. They acted arrogantly and immaturely in a fashion toward OP that made him question the extent of their relationship.

They're white. They acted arrogantly and immaturely in a fashion toward OP that made him question the extent of their relationship.

Why does the difference or similarity of their skin color have a bearing on their behavior for you?
You don't see ANY difference in

Two black guys saying hey op you are too logical to be black. Act more illogical like us blacks.

Or

Two white guys saying hey op you are too logical to be black. Act more illogical like those other blacks who we are in a house full of.

Race matters and changes most situations. Especially ones specifically ABOUT race like this one is. It changes the context and believability of stories and ops interpretation of events.

Are you black sir?

You don't see ANY difference in

Two black guys saying hey op you are too logical to be black. Act more illogical like us blacks.

Or

Two white guys saying hey op you are too logical to be black. Act more illogical like those other blacks who we are in a house full of.

Race matters and changes most situations. Especially ones specifically ABOUT race like this one is. It changes the context and believability of stories and ops interpretation of events.

Are you black sir?

"Jonathan explicitly told me that I like to explain everything that I'm trying to do when I went with him to get more drinks."

He explains what was said to him. This whole back-and-forth in your head about "be more illogical like us other blacks" in your what-if scenario is literally you filling in the blanks of the conversation.

"Jonathan explicitly told me that I like to explain everything that I'm trying to do when I went with him to get more drinks."

He explains what was said to him. This whole back-and-forth in your head about "be more illogical like us other blacks" in your what-if scenario is literally you filling in the blanks of the conversation.
It's really simple. He said they called him too logical to be black did he not? This would imply they think he should act more illogical to be considered black right?

My point is he changed it from " too logical" to " I like to explain everything" when I questioned it. Those two things are not the same. Do you agree?
The words " you are too logical" were never spoken to op. Only the weird complaint about him explaining too much. Do u infer that from his post

Edit: oh yea are u black sir? Curious since you don't see a difference in this kinda talk depending on race.

It's really simple. He said they called him too logical to be black did he not? This would imply they think he should act more illogical to be considered black right?

My point is he changed it from " too logical" to " I like to explain everything" when I questioned it. Those two things are not the same. Do you agree?
The words " you are too logical" were never spoken to op. Only the weird complaint about him explaining too much. Do u infer that from his post

I infer that your strawman game is old. Their skin color has no bearing on their shitty behavior. Keep up the baseless reasoning for why this is OP's fault.

Top Bottom