• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

7Th

TFIFF said:
Get used to it. Any non-blockbuster console game that has more sales potential in Japan than America will go to the market leader the majority of the time.

No, any game in which the company wants to expend no budget will go to Wii. You know that is true.

sonatinas

In a better world this post would be about how much fun it was in Shenmue 3 when you finally fight Lan Di. All of that training finally paid off and it was totally awesome. I remember practicing the Seven Grandmasters throw during disc 2 in Chendgdu for hours between my jobs i had to have to pay for Shen Hua's hospital bills.

This is not the case.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
I said it before and I'll say it again - Sega can f**k up the sequel as much as they want as long as they include original NiGHTS in the package! For the love of god please include the original!! JUST DO IT!!

Grecco

Can we get an official thread for "THIS GAME SHOULDNT BE ON THE WII, SHOULD BE ON PSTRIPLEE" Cause its getting pathetic.

You want NiGHTS 2 gonna have to get a Wii folks. :D

I cant wait.

dkeane

byproduct said:
I said it before and I'll say it again - Sega can f**k up the sequel as much as they want as long as they include original NiGHTS in the package! For the love of god please include the original!! JUST DO IT!!
It would be a kickass preorder bonus. Make it so Sega.

I've already said this twice, at least, but it bears repeating. If this is true, it's coming to the Wii, and it doesn't suck, I'll be a card-carrying Wii60 member. :D

sonatinas said:
In a better world this post would be about how much fun it was in Shenmue 3 when you finally fight Lan Di. All of that training finally paid off and it was totally awesome. I remember practicing the Seven Grandmasters throw during disc 2 in Chendgdu for hours between my jobs i had to have to pay for Shen Hua's hospital bills.

That's so beautiful :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ShockingAlberto said:
The original NiGHTs could be played with just a nunchuck and one or two buttons on the Wiimote, couldn't it?

I haven't played it in forever.

You need the triggers for tricks, the analog stick, and just a button to boost. I believe.

ant1532

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
You need the triggers for tricks, the analog stick, and just a button to boost. I believe.
I would like the controls maybe to be like you hold it like a paper airplane and control the flight like that. NO NUNCHUCK please. Or maybe instead of holding it like a paper airplane going forward you hold it in the direction NiGHTS is going. Boosting would be by moving the controller in a direction fast, and tricks performed by making the controller do loops. But I would only want this if they do it super super right. If it's not good then drop it.
That's if on Wii.

On PS3 I would like flight controls with six axis and just the buttons to boost and tricks.

Y2Kev

If it were on the Wii, I'm not sure how I'd want to do it. Have to think it out.

The Sixaxis would just work as it does in Flow though...it'd work perfectly because it's 2D like Flow is.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
If it were on the Wii, I'm not sure how I'd want to do it. Have to think it out.

The Sixaxis would just work as it does in Flow though...it'd work perfectly because it's 2D like Flow is.

wouldn't flow be better on the wii, just saying....that said, how do we even know if it is 2d/3d, it might just be 3d.

Beezy

topsyturvy said:
wouldn't flow be better on the wii, just saying....that said, how do we even know if it is 2d/3d, it might just be 3d.

Everything would be better on the Wii. Look at Godfather.

TFIFF

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:

Yeah and you could choke people in MGS4 by like pulling the nunchuck and remote back as if you were using the cord as a wire! This is a Wii game, get over it.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
ant1532 said:
Boosting would be by moving the controller in a direction fast

I hate that mechanic. I get sore wrists when I have to attack several enemies in a row in sonic. I'd prefer a button press.

Y2Kev

topsyturvy said:

Flow works perfectly on the PS3. I'd say it would work as well on Wii as PS3 if they thought about the controller orientation.

And if it's 3d....I'd be very wow.

TFIFF said:
Yeah and you could choke people in MGS4 by like pulling the nunchuck and remote back as if you were using the cord as a wire! This is a Wii game, get over it.

Wow, why so hostile? I was simply continuing a line of conversation.

Y2Kev

Eteric Rice said:
Wasn't the last Nights 3D? I never got to play that one.

Hopefully this one comes with the old one. I wanna try it out. =)

Not while playing as Nights. You could walk around in 3D as one of the children though.

Eteric Rice

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Not while playing as Nights. You could walk around in 3D as one of the children though.

I see.

Know what would be interesting? If it were cell shaded. I usually hate cell shading, but it could probably work with Nights.

klee123

Grecco said:
Can we get an official thread for "THIS GAME SHOULDNT BE ON THE WII, SHOULD BE ON PSTRIPLEE" Cause its getting pathetic.

You want NiGHTS 2 gonna have to get a Wii folks. :D

I cant wait.

Yeah, just like all of those anti sony fanboys who want PS3 third party exclusives on their favourite systems. Get over it, it happens in every thread.

VerTiGo

Banned
I'm hoping it's a Wii exclusive and takes full advantage of the Wii-mote. Nights isn't really a blockbuster game that I could see being a smash hit as a multiplatform game.

Gosh i HOPE its on ps3 or 360... i would love to see Nights2 in true next gen visuals. I guess it wouldnt be so bad on the wii neither.. the wii controls would actually fit that game perfect.. i have a gut feeling its going to wii too.

Since i own all three consoles..i cant lose i guess :)

sega4ever

i hope this game ends up on ps3/360 in one way or the other, it could have the 2 player vs mode like the orginal but online, and have a scoreboard online, since the replayability of this game is trying to get a higher score.

high defenition visuals and dolby digital sound wouldnt hurt too.

Shinobi

Nights 2 being a Wii exclusive made sense to me from the moment we saw the controller almost two years ago. Naka and other Sonic Team members always said that they'd never rule out a sequel, but that it would have to have a completely different way of playing in order to justify making it. Well, I reckon the Wiimote answers that call. There's a chance that the original game is made available on PSP and 360 as a Live Arcade download, but I can't see Nights 2 being on anything but Wii.

It's obviously real BTW...anyone with a decent pair of eyes can see that the Nights render on that cover is all new, with details not seen on the Saturn renders.

sega4ever said:
i hope this game ends up on ps3/360 in one way or the other, it could have the 2 player vs mode like the orginal but online, and have a scoreboard online, since the replayability of this game is trying to get a higher score.

high defenition visuals and dolby digital sound wouldnt hurt too.

If it's on the Wii it's not gonna be ported...And the Wii version could have all those features (minus the A/V stuff)...

gamereactor46_116560.jpg

Why would Sega make Gamereactor remove the image of NiGHTS, but let them leave the word "NiGHTS" and "Sega's dream demon returns" right underneath the sillhouette? It doesn't add up imo...

CO_Andy

NiGHTS 360/PS3 ain't happenin' folks; Nintendo clearly wanted to avoid the humiliation of receiving improper ports from its other brethen, so whatever's made on Wii stays on Wii.

Unless you're a PS2 (or PSP).

I find it strange that so many people don't think this is on Wii or Wii exclusive at all

:)

NDA's must be a bitch on this one, Matt-IGN is not talking, 1-UP, or Gamespot

Smiles and Cries said:
I find it strange that so many people don't think this is on Wii or Wii exclusive at all

:)

NDA's must be a bitch on this one, Matt-IGN is now talking, 1-UP, or Gamespot

Your last statement makes no sense to me

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Smiles and Cries said:
sorry not talking...

Well based on your first comment, I'd say its safe to say this is a Wii title and probably a Wii exclusive. :)

KINGMOKU

Eteric Rice said:
QUICK! Go to Wikipedia and type in "Dreams into NIGHTs" and read fast! Hurry, or you'll be killed by a mob of angry people!

shush. I'm trying to get the discussion back on to the topic of one of the most inspired pieces of game design to ever grace our screens, getting a sequel

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
bigmakstudios said:
gamereactor46_116560.jpg

Why would Sega make Gamereactor remove the image of NiGHTS, but let them leave the word "NiGHTS" and "Sega's dream demon returns" right underneath the sillhouette? It doesn't add up imo...

Probably pissed that they showed off the new fancier character design early.

I'm really hoping they also have a DS port of the original, then I can wait a little longer before getting a Wii.

Top Bottom