• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Press Conference Dated.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
We also have information on this very forum that echo claims of PS360 quality. I haven't been following the varying accounts in detail, but the impression I got was that it's still very uncertain.

the majority of people informed on this very forum have said its more powerful. There was only one person who said it wasn't and It's likely due to unoptimized middleware.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We also have information on this very forum that echo claims of PS360 quality. I haven't been following the varying accounts in detail, but the impression I got was that it's still very uncertain.

Actually, that's not true. The reports from insiders on the forum are that some parts of the system itself may be at that level but others are not. Read the Wii U Speculation thread.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
the majority of people informed on this very forum have said its more powerful. There was only one person who said it wasn't and It's likely due to unoptimized middleware.
Actually, that's not true. The reports from insiders on the forum are that some parts of the system itself may be at that level but others are not. Read the Wii U Speculation thread.

Cool. I hope it's true! Sometimes it's hard to tell whether I'm reading speculation based on legit rumors or crazy fanboy fairy tails. And really, I'm not too concerned about graphics, anyways. PS360 is good enough for me, though I hope it goes farther.

Honest to God, all I want out of the Wii U is HD Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, and some surprises. Not necessarily this E3, but in general overall. This year I'd be happy with seeing what Pikmin and Mario look like visually overhauled, but I'm not expecting TOO much else. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong though, I'd love this year to go out with a bang.

HYDE

Banned
sjugZl.jpg

It's the Kodiak theater not the Kodak theatre.

gaming_noob

New Zelda, come to me.

If they make a 3D open world Pokemon game, I would be willing to play Pokemon for the first time.

BurntPork

Banned
...with widely differing accounts and speculation. Unless there's something I don't know about, nothing is even close to confirmed yet, so don't act like it is.

Why isn't this post directed at the other guy, too?

Until I hear things from Nintendo it doesn't really matter who was informed.

Let Nintendo inform me.

Remember when Nintendo said that 3DS is more powerful than PSP? Neither do I! They're never going to explicitly say it, even if it is more powerful.

AzaK

And here's the completed chart:

e3times2012.png

Anybody making an official thread for the conferences, please feel free to use this image (and feel compelled too, as it really helps people).

Thanks heaps Clipper for chucking in times for us Kiwis!

You'd think it be "understood" that the Wii U is stronger than the ps360 but that's not understood. And it might not even be true.

Doesn't help that Nintendo doesn't seem willing to come clean with anything regarding the systems capabilities, besides that controller.

Yea, and the fact that the time zone chart said Wellington made me feel important.

SOOOOOOO HYPED, 4AM is like the best time of the day to be crazy excited over something (seriously).

i hope they open with pikmin 3

they gotta start off with wii u

then go 3DS for most of the show, then at the end do something big :O SMASH........pic of just the title "Smash TBA" :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha, I can relate to this. I see sooooo much potential in the tablet controller, but after the "special features" of the Wii and DS being used in mostly uninspired ways, I'm skeptical.

Regardless, all my Wii U hype is based on HD first party titles. Any extra surprises will be icing on the cake.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Hahaha, I can relate to this. I see sooooo much potential in the tablet controller, but after the "special features" of the Wii and DS being used in mostly uninspired ways, I'm skeptical.

Regardless, all my Wii U hype is based on HD first party titles. Any extra surprises will be icing on the cake.

Wii shall see though... I just hope there's bigger 3rd party support

guek

Banned
Ha yeah, I understand when things get crazy on conference day, but for announcing the date?

You guys....

Ya know, I understand why hardcore nintendo fans can get grating. Makes perfect sense, to be perfectly honest.

But I think it's safe to say that no other fanbase in this industry has as much raw energy and enthusiasm. A lot of that can unfortunately be horribly misplaced though, which of course results in some of the more annoying hyperactive fans out there (and I'm sure some on this board would say I qualify). Some might even go so far as saying nintendo fans are crazy.

And maybe we are...but it's fun. It's fun to be a bit crazy, though perhaps it's a slight burden on the non-crazies that have to tolerate the insanity.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Gotta figure out the most tactful way to get out of work that morning, I suppose.

Not missing this one for the world.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
2am, June 6, Melbourne time. Sweet.

Ya know, I understand why hardcore nintendo fans can get grating. Makes perfect sense, to be perfectly honest.

But I think it's safe to say that no other fanbase in this industry has as much raw energy and enthusiasm. A lot of that can unfortunately be horribly misplaced though, which of course results in some of the more annoying hyperactive fans out there (and I'm sure some on this board would say I qualify). Some might even go so far as saying nintendo fans are crazy.

And maybe we are...but it's fun. It's fun to be a bit crazy, though perhaps it's a slight burden on the non-crazies that have to tolerate the insanity.
Agree on all points.

New control scheme every console... I say we are allowed to
I'm more surprised than annoyed, I actually enjoy the pre Nintendo event antics for the most part, all those edited Reggie avatars for a conference was entertaining.

Top Bottom