• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) -- E3 2012 Trailer

MechaX

ULTRA MEGATON:

You can get a list of all Personas you can currently fuse, and you can pick which skills to inherit.

I know both Devil Survivor games had this (which made everything before quite hard to go back to), but I don't remember if Strange Journey did the same thing either.

Kazzy

Might be spoilers, so I'll link it.

Why is Kanji looking different here? :(

It seems like an epilogue, but I am not sure.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5s9ieL9Mp1qm5chko1_500.jpg

9sLkT.gif

First Naoto, and now Kanji, maybe. WHY DO THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

ewww, he doesn't need to look like a nerd. I get what they're going for but...

Also a little worried about Naoto standing back there with him in what seems like a white t-shirt with obvious boobs. She never stopped binding them in the original game.

This all look amazing haha. This definitely pushes me to get a Vita. Can't get enough P4, if they're adding significantly to it, I'm in.

Jintor

Man I think it looks hilarious.

And since he has that same "Kanji" smirk on his face, I reckon whatever the circumstances leading to it will be AWESOME

If they have kawaii Naoto in-game though I will flip the tea-table

Jubern

Yeah this is actual spoilers about the new content alright, be very careful guys.
From Kanji's line, you can guess that
this scene takes place after the protagonist comes BACK to Inaba. So supposedly a few months after the ending.

It doesn't say much but I kinda wish I had found that by myself I guess.

Yeah this is actual spoilers about the new content alright, be very careful guys.
this scene takes place after the protagonist comes BACK to Inaba. So supposedly a few months after the ending.

This makes me REALLY hyped for P4G
So much awesome new content :O

About 11 hours in so far, and really digging it.

The new battle theme has grown on me like crazy and I find myself missing out on back attacks just so I can hear it. XD

So that means it takes place after Arena?
Interesting.

Hey, but EmCee, how can you confirm this MEGATON? Is the game out in Japan right now and you imported?

Someone on SA has the import version and confirmed it. There's also a stream of the game someone in Japan made where he goes through some of the new options (though he doesn't actually fuse a Persona himself) but it definitely looks like you can select the empty slots on a fused Persona as if to set skills.

GorillaJu

Yes, when you fuse personae, you get to choose all the skills they inherit. Very useful for when you're passing down a valuable set of skills that you don't want to lose.

Eg, I fused a Sarasvati, gave her resist physical, and have been passing down resist phys and SP refresh continuously (that is until I get a persona with null phys or high SP regen)

So far I haven't encountered too much new content. I love the Mari social link though. It's fucking hilarious. "Show you my notebook? Idiotpervertdeviantihateyouoaf!" The way Margaret treats her is golden, too.

CrazyDude

Yes, when you fuse personae, you get to choose all the skills they inherit. Very useful for when you're passing down a valuable set of skills that you don't want to lose.

Eg, I fused a Sarasvati, gave her resist physical, and have been passing down resist phys and SP refresh continuously (that is until I get a persona with null phys or high SP regen)

So far I haven't encountered too much new content. I love the Mari social link though. It's fucking hilarious. "Show you my notebook? Idiotpervertdeviantihateyouoaf!" The way Margaret treats her is golden, too.

I am guessing most of the new content take place in the time skip.

GorillaJu

Mari's social link is definitely the best written in any Persona game so far, IMO. It had me rolling at some parts.

I don't want to spoil any surprises in her story line, but it's definitely something to look forward to.

Have you noticed that it's really hard to get courage in this game? I'm clearing Kanji's bathhouse and I still haven't been able to start Ebihara's social link due to lack of courage. Being able to go out at night and eat at Aiya should help, but whenever I can, it's always a kindness skill up and never courage.

Mari's social link is definitely the best written in any Persona game so far, IMO. It had me rolling at some parts.

I don't want to spoil any surprises in her story line, but it's definitely something to look forward to.

Have you noticed that it's really hard to get courage in this game? I'm clearing Kanji's bathhouse and I still haven't been able to start Ebihara's social link due to lack of courage. Being able to go out at night and eat at Aiya should help, but whenever I can, it's always a kindness skill up and never courage.

If you've got free time after school on rainy days, eat at the restaurant. You can usually get 3 skillups, one of which is usually courage. Costs 3000 yen, though.

I'm not sure if one of the books you can read at night gives courage, but check that out as well -- I've leveled up a lot of stats by reading.

And +1 for Mari. Funny stuff so far.

GorillaJu

If you've got free time after school on rainy days, eat at the restaurant. You can usually get 3 skillups, one of which is usually courage. Costs 3000 yen, though.

I'm not sure if one of the books you can read at night gives courage, but check that out as well -- I've leveled up a lot of stats by reading.

Yeah those are all things I know about and do. You don't get as much courage from the Kan book as you do in P4 reg it seems

Top Bottom