• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Datura trailer - coming to PSN 8th of May (US) 9th of May (EU)

Carl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vktlNnql7mA&feature=player_embedded

Hello, I’m Michal from Team Plastic and we are really happy to bring you Datura, which we can confirm today is coming to PSN on May 9th. Datura is a spicy mixture between an old-school adventure and a modern interactive experience. The game has a couple of interpretation levels, so it’s up to you to experience it on your own and share your thoughts afterward with others.

From a technical standpoint, Datura brings you a novel gaming mechanics based on the PlayStation Move motion controller. We created a virtual hand that you can operate and touch nearly everything in the game. If you don’t have a motion controller, you can still play with a DualShock 3 controller. For an even greater experience, Datura also fully supports stereoscopic 3D.

Really looking forward to this myself. Looks cool and unique, and don't forget it will be discounted at launch if you are a PS+ subscriber! :)

Raoh

Damn, someone lit a huge match under Sony's ass recently.

They are in rare form right now with their releases and announcements.

Withnail

Personally I think it looks awful, like a horrible waggle tech demo. And Linger in Shadows is an experience I'd rather forget.

But there's always a good chance I'm wrong. I'm looking forward to reading the impressions on the 8th/9th.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can't wait for this, please have good puzzles and some meaningfulness to it. One thing is for sure, Plastic are amazing in creating moody, innovative and experimental looking visuals.

I love how the hand is like a next gen version of the little cursor hand from the old P&C adventure games. I thought that was very clever.

Lost me on the turret gun gameplay but I might check it out when we get some more video. Getting a Myst feel from it.
The character looks to be in some sort of nightmare limbo, those were cardboard cutouts being shot, despite environment looking like real war.

Personally i loved Linger in Shadows. It was something different, like this is.

Agreed. Too many people were expecting LiS to be a game, rather than an "experience" (to use the word loosely). I loved the originality of an interactive artwork.

I wish I had a PS Move for this.

As such, I'll have to make do with a standard controller, but I'll definitely be picking this up. Reminds me of Journey in certain ways.

cgcg

They should add some transparency to the end of the hand so it kind of trails off. Now it just looks like a severed hand.

Sutanreyu

Can't wait for this, please have good puzzles and some meaningfulness to it. One thing is for sure, Plastic are amazing in creating moody, innovative and experimental looking visuals.

I love how the hand is like a next gen version of the little cursor hand from the old P&C adventure games. I thought that was very clever.

The character looks to be in some sort of nightmare limbo, those were cardboard cutouts being shot, despite environment looking like real war.

Tripping on Datura.

cakefoo

I actually like that part of the trailers.
Best part of a lot of trailers ;)
It's a fun sound and it's great that they continue to use it after all these generations, and it's fine for Twisted Metal, Uncharted, etc, but it's too aggressive for games like Datura , Journey, etc. It doesn't fit the mood at all.

The earlier PS3 game trailers had the "shhhwoooom" sound, which fit perfectly for these calmer kinds of games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJam5Auwj1E#t=1m40s

When I hear "PDAY-STAY-SHONE" at the end of a trailer like Last Guardian it makes the preceding art seem disingenuous.

Top Bottom