• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

good game with setting you like vs excellent game with setting you don't like

fireflame

Which choice do you make if you have to pick between a game which has a setting, aatmosphere/or art you like, but that is just considered "good", and an excellent game with an art/setting you do not like?

I think i tend grant a lot of importance to the kind of art atmosphere i look for, and that i may prioritize a game which is overall a bit inferior to a game that has an art i do not appreciate but is acclaimed.

For example, dragon quests have very good ratings, but something feels off with the art and i may go for jrpgs considered inferior but offer a tone &and an artistic design closer to my expectations. If confronted with choosing between a good final fantasy and an awesome dragon quest, i may go for the final fantasy game because i tend to have a preference for games with a realistic art. I could not go for a game with chibi art for example, no matter the quality.

How do yo make your choices? I know that some people won't pick an rpg, even awesome , that picks a specific kind of universe(for example soùme people cannot stand post apo or steampunk worlds).

I have no absolute rule, but i feel i can be strongly influenced byè artistic and atmosphere choices.

Top Bottom