• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | November 2012 Thread | Welcome Accomplishmenteers

Noi

Giving up on the AC3 plat. Why? Because the stupid fucking game glitched on me and locked me out of it while completing the Encyclopedia of the Common Man.

Buggiest piece of shit game I've ever played, god damn.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Giving up on the AC3 plat. Why? Because the stupid fucking game glitched on me and locked me out of it while completing the Encyclopedia of the Common Man.

Trophy Whore more, come to the Dark Side Padwan!

=D

theDeeDubs

Mine is glitched as well. Farmers keep saying 3/3 but no update saying it's complete in my log. Luckily it isn't needed for 100% progress, so I'm just going to get everything else and hope it's patched by then. If not, I'm going to blast through the story and make a backup before doing any scanning.

Returners

Plat Most Wanted on Vita.

Working on PS3 version.

Just used today to wrap up multiplayer trophies on AC3: Liberation. Darn things take way too long.

Dawg

Plat Most Wanted on Vita.

Working on PS3 version.

Just used today to wrap up multiplayer trophies on AC3: Liberation. Darn things take way too long.

MP sucks. Hard. Balance is way off since Assassins keep winning the entire game in a matter of hours.

Did you use my trophy guide for AC:L by any chance? (*wink wink*)

Footos22

Is the PS3 version as unplayable as people suggest? I have given up hope on Konami after SH HD Collection :/

Hell no, typical Gaf hyperbole as usual. ran pretty smoothly throughout. There's the bit at the end when you defeat neith for the last time that went to what felt like single digit fps. but was the only bit i noticed and it was in a cutscene for like 3 seconds.

Not started the second runner yet and as thats a step up graphically i can prob see where the hate is gonna come from but zone of the enders 1 ran smoothly for me an in no way affected gameplay.

Then again Bayoneta PS3 felt absolutely fine to me bar the intro sequence and i played the 360 version just after so im not as big a baby as some ppl.

Tizoc

PLATINUM 22 GET!
Testament of Sherlock Holmes: A really easy Platinum but there are some miss-able trophies that might require you to replay at 3/4 of the game to get it XD.
Fortunately, the one trophy I missed took me 4 hours to get =3

IMO it's a good Point n' Click game but sadly the PS3 ver. suffers from frame rate issues and the graphics leave much to be desired.

PLATINUM 22 GET!
Testament of Sherlock Holmes: A really easy Platinum but there are some miss-able trophies that might require you to replay at 3/4 of the game to get it XD.
Fortunately, the one trophy I missed took me 4 hours to get =3

I finished this too, and realized I was only a couple of trophies shy of a platinum. Then I weighed getting a platinum against replaying another eight hours (and all the painful moving of the characters and camera that entailed), and I figured my time was better spent doing almost literally anything else. Anyone else going for this one: save often, because there's no auto-save!

brentech

Just finished off my AC3 multi-player trophies. Completed sequence 25 playing solo in wolfpack during my run as well. Nice how it ends with a sync kill.

QxPCEl.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum #122
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
Meh.

Time to move onto Killzone HD + Motorstorm Apocalypse + Machinarium for PS3

Gravity Rush + Sunflowers + Mutant Blob Attacks for Vita

Hooray on surpassing 500 Gold Trophies. Milestone Achieved!

Now only < 6,000 points away from reaching 200,000 points total, next milestone

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got what you would call real internet, no more shitty 3g modem for me yay! So if anyone wants help with some online achievements maybe they should hit me up i dunno. The only multiplayer games i currently own are on the xbox so check my gamertag, i'm gonna try to use the most out of my free xbox live month.

Derrick01

Banned
Need some help from someone who platinum'd Ratchet HD. How the hell do you get that hoverboard trick trophy? I'm following the guide but the only move I seem to be able to by pressing each shoulder button is a Revolverator. I'm at a total loss here.

edit: Nevermind it finally worked after about 30 tries. Damn glitchy tricks.

got my 5000th achievement today in Spec Ops, interesting game

now i just need to get a 9 or 4 point achievement to even out my gamerscore, which is at 98001.

Noi

Knocked out all the ACIII multi trophies. Literally only missing the Encyclopedia of the Common Man trophy for the plat, which is still bugged. ENDLESS FRUSTRATION. I don't want to replay this game again. ;____;

Joni

Yeah i get these messages. Forgive me for being rather dim but how the hell does that work?

You login into their account, they login into yours and you both finish a game. It requires a lot of trust though because you give unknown people access to your account, which is by far the biggest reason never to do it regardless of the cheating aspect.

Knocked out all the ACIII multi trophies. Literally only missing the Encyclopedia of the Common Man trophy for the plat, which is still bugged. ENDLESS FRUSTRATION. I don't want to replay this game again. ;____;

I just got the Common Man trophy...had 3 backup saves because I was scared...phew! According to the achievement sites the woodworker is the main offender for glitching.

I might be able to plat the game today/tonight, I did a collectible binge yesterday evening+night, so the only trophies left are Perfectionist, Completionist and the Pivots one. I should be able to get the pivots trophy out of the way this afternoon, and only need to complete about a handful of missions to get Perfectionist (and Completionist because those missions are the only thing between me and 100% :D ). Still need to full sync the Sequence 8 chase though :(

I loved the game, mainly because of the setting (I'm a sucker for American Revolution stuff). The Naval stuff was my favourite, so good. I would buy a full fledged game based on that mechanic alone (Imagine a Sid Meier game like that!).

Also, when I get the AC3 plat I can start over again tomorrow on Liberation lol.

Roxas

You login into their account, they login into yours and you both finish a game. It requires a lot of trust though because you give unknown people access to your account, which is by far the biggest reason never to do it regardless of the cheating aspect.

Thats just plain wierd...

Funny. I got my Wonderbook Platinum yesterday and I already got a message to trade platinums.

Unbelievable. The number of cheaters spectating the leaderboards and begging is still rampant then. I've changed "uploaded" to "got" in your quote because "uploaded" sounds like...yeah.

I think they need to be removed completely from these sites so they stop hovering around them and doing things like checking the leaderboards, leading to crap like the quoted. A site not frequented by cheaters...it's entirely possible. PSNProfiles did a good job of implementing the auto-flagging system, ridding the need of manually removing and checking out tons of profiles. But it needs to be taken to the next step...many cheaters are still there just because they didn't complete something in 2 minutes. And manual reporting too, to rid the guilty ones still in the top 50 and soaking up that attention.

It's just funny though...they keep going, don't they? I mean, we know what they did. But they keep going. It's just unfathomable. The numbers don't mean anything anymore yet they keep going. I think PSNprofiles and YGC need to up their game and really remove these users, no more tracking or profiles or trophies on display for them. Kind of like TrueAchievements.com. No spotlight at all beyond their personal friends list on PSN, since Sony won't do anything.

Cut out the third party sites from showing these user's trophies and stats, and they have almost nowhere to show them off at all, thanks to the trophy system being kind of not as web-compatible and advanced as achievements. The power the staff of a site like PSNprofiles has, knowing this, is incredible. It can really change things.

Sony with the PS3 gives easy remote signing in so things like the quoted happen. At least with MS there's a lot of hurdles to sign in remotely that detracts that behavior; but MS has it's own issues with the achievement system at least on 360. And something so simple as giving the end user total access to save data ends with a complete mess and I hope Sony and Microsoft learn from this next generation.

So knowing all of this I ask myself, what platform, PS3 or 360, for multi-platform games, will my work be the most valuable and meaningful? Which, the trophy or the achievement system, is more legitimate? PS3 has just ever-rising "gamesaving", but that mixed with no punishment from Sony is disheartening. 360 has both gamesaving and "profile editing" losers, something much more vile than gamesaving. But then MS resets cheaters...however not as often as I previously assumed. So which more legitimate, I ask myself? Well, of course you could just build a great profile on the system you prefer or where your friends are.

But it's still a mystery which one is the most worthwhile to really "go for it".
I will remain in mystery, while the facts are that it's not only PS3 or 360; these trophy and achievement systems now support more platforms, and more in the future with "PS4" and "Xbox 3". We have Vita on the PS side of things, no gamesaving or any hijinks or even the 'quoted' really possible at all. An almost 100% legitimate platform. On the MS side of things we also have Windows 7/8 phone and Windows 8. I have no idea if the profile editing kiddies can get to games on those or if it's only 360 affected.

As someone who has been experienced since the launch of the "trophy" and "achievement" systems, I guess the ultimate answer for myself lies in the legitimacy of "PS4" and "Xbox 3" trophy/achievement systems. PS3 software and Xbox 360 software both have their massive weaknesses and are both affected, with only the "sub-platforms" giving faith (again, not sure on Windows Phone 7/8 and Windows 8 though).

Until then, as far as the state of things in 2012 goes...
All hail the PS Vita.

Hmm, so I'm trying to complete Wordament on Windows 8. I'm currently at 87,000 points with 403 games played (I am playing in Arabic, so it's not exactly easy, lol). Anyway, I think I should be eligible for the "World Champ" achievement, but it hasn't popped. There are only 4 people ranked, so I don't see what the issue is.

Any ideas?

Oh and also, I'm really enjoying the fact that Windows 8 allows you to be signed in without kicking you off Xbox. Also, it allows this:

Yay for multitasking achievement whoring.

*I contacted the team and they fixed it.

Risgroo

Respect! I'll try to get the MP out of the way, I might do all the side quests later. Hopefully my trophy powers return soon.
And, yeah, DAT GRASS!

Thanks guys. I wanted to continue with Liberation but I'm so burnt out on AC right now after like 40-50 hours that I need to give it a break for a while....I mean it takes a toll on you you know, pfff....

Noi

On the other hand, I'm playing Liberation now and having a much better time than I did with ACIII.

Diff'rent strokes I guess. :V

Rand al Thor 19

Yeah. Finally hit 600k!!! Hit it on the nose too. The achievement that put me over was "Lone Wolf Legend" for beating Halo 4 on Legendary solo. I did kind of plan it that way. lol

4th in the world for gamerscore ain't too shabby. I did it without a PAL 360, a Japanese 360, and a Windows Phone. Most of the achievement hunters have all those. I never saw the point.

GraveRobberX

Yeah. Finally hit 600k!!! Hit it on the nose too. The achievement that put me over was "Lone Wolf Legend" for beating Halo 4 on Legendary solo. I did kind of plan it that way. lol

4th in the world for gamerscore ain't too shabby. I did it without a PAL 360, a Japanese 360, and a Windows Phone. Most of the achievement hunters have all those. I never saw the point.

Congrats man

Good Stuff

On the march to 700,000, then to 1 Million, then a glitch happens in the matrix, a reset occurs and you get to start over again!

Anywhere to read up on these from an official source that isn't just speculation?

As someone who was really pushing for the accomplishments... No. No official sign from any sources as far as I can find :(.

That's sort of what I came up with as well. At least there's only a week to find out LOL :-D

http://www.n-sider.com/blog/2012/11/how-to-share-your-accomplishments-on-the-wii-u

BHK3

Banned
Dishonered is bothering me...I keep getting 1-2 kills AND I DON'T KNOW HOW

DID I CHOKE SOMEONE TOO HARD? DO I HAVE TO SLEEP DART PEOPLE IN THE ASS AND NOT THE ARM OR CHEST? I swear the weepers and guards fighting then rats eating some random casualty is making the game blame ME for deaths...

Congrats, thats alot of points. And respect doing it without extra xboxes or phones.

Derrick01

Banned
This 1 million bolt trophy in Ratchet HD is...annoying to put it mildly. It doesn't help that the glitch involving the race track doesn't seem to work anymore. I was able to glitch myself on to the track but no bolts come from using the suck cannon. I've played through the game twice and I still need to buy all but 1 gold weapon, and they've estimated that it costs 500k to buy everything so I'm not even halfway to a million.

brentech

Just have the 3 of the rare collectable trophies to finish off plat + 100% on Borderlands 1. I platted it some time ago, but have been taking little breaks with each of the DLCs. Finally did the last one today.

Those damn collectibles are just as annoying as I've heard. God damn pizza and oil cans....

GraveRobberX

Just have the 3 of the rare collectable trophies to finish off plat + 100% on Borderlands 1. I platted it some time ago, but have been taking little breaks with each of the DLCs. Finally did the last one today.

Those damn collectibles are just as annoying as I've heard. God damn pizza and oil cans....

If you had my 2Billion Shield + 18 Billion shotty

You can farm last boss for 3 hours straight and be done with it

Snooze you lose buddy =/

I helped like 5+ GAFfers in here during September/October

jimi_dini

This 1 million bolt trophy in Ratchet HD is...annoying to put it mildly. It doesn't help that the glitch involving the race track doesn't seem to work anymore. I was able to glitch myself on to the track but no bolts come from using the suck cannon. I've played through the game twice and I still need to buy all but 1 gold weapon, and they've estimated that it costs 500k to buy everything so I'm not even halfway to a million.

this here definitely works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=488oePcVC6w

I used this method. Maybe you were not at the right place?!

Top Bottom