• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FTWer said:
Speaking of which, is there any 100% sure way program to d/l the flash videos?
The Firefox's extension doesn't work, site like keepvid only work on a handful of site etc..

Use "Internet Download Manager", it integrates a handy button for downloading flash videos from a ton of websites, including GB.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
VibratingDonkey said:
A T rated survival/horror? Granted it does include violence as well as violence, but still.

Double your violence, double your fun!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Gomu Gomu said:
THIS is the funniest QL.

The sad thing is, it's the funniest because of the game itself. The commentary helps extend the funny, but simply watching the game is funny because of how bad it actually is.

Rlan

I love the Quick Looks and the Podcasts of Giant Bomb, but I've sort of realized that I've never really done much for the wiki itself.

I would love to see crew just specify a game a week in their I Love Mondays segment - anything. Could be the most obscure game you've never heard of. But just say "This week's topic is In Search for Dr. Riptide", or Roast Chicken or something. Then people would try to fill it out to the best of their ability.

Rlan said:
I love the Quick Looks and the Podcasts of Giant Bomb, but I've sort of realized that I've never really done much for the wiki itself.

I would love to see crew just specify a game a week in their I Love Mondays segment - anything. Could be the most obscure game you've never heard of. But just say "This week's topic is In Search for Dr. Riptide", or Roast Chicken or something. Then people would try to fill it out to the best of their ability.

They used to do that sort of thing when the site first launched, I think. They'd have a section for "articles that need the most love", which, as I recall, was an article that had little-to-no information but was comparatively getting a lot of views just the same.

There were also a few posts here and there by the staff that would highlight certain games that needed information.

I do like the idea of a short segment attached to I Love Mondays, though, where they just pick a random game that needs info.

Chris R

So I'm hooked on this website/podcast now. I love their review style, and most of the dudes doing the podcasts seem to have decent taste. I've never really followed a gaming website watching most of their reviews, listening to a podcast, ect, but that is about to change.

Alphahawk

One neat wiki-implentation was when Jeff held a contest for a shirt or something, it was a regular drawing except for the fact that to enter you had to have above a certain amount of Wiki points. I'd like to see that return...

Loxley

The Rogue Warrior QL probably gets the #1 spot in my list, simply because I was impressed with Jeff and Ryan's ability to talk like that through the whole damn Quicklook :lol

Aaron

Loxley said:
The Rogue Warrior QL probably gets the #1 spot in my list, simply because I was impressed with Jeff and Ryan's ability to talk like that through the whole damn Quicklook :lol
'Ronald Reagan says fuck you' is the best line of all time.

Darklord

Banned
Thanks GB for the beta key! I hope I run into them, although they'll probably be 2000 other people wanting to play with them too.

Mkliner

Darklord said:
Thanks GB for the beta key! I hope I run into them, although they'll probably be 2000 other people wanting to play with them too.
Man I'm not gonna go play with any damn Seabiscuit you hear me?

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
There are still about 1000 keys left, so about half of them have been grabbed. Probably won't last through the end of the day, so hurry!

LCfiner

That star trek online fun run is really funny. All three guys are bringing it.

nice to hear Dave in there. can’t wait to see more of this. MMOs seem like a great fit for this crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom