• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you care about your post count?

Ahasverus

giphy.gif

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
How do people post so much? It's ridiculous! I've been a member since 2004 and this is post 2350. I think people setup posting bots or something.

highrider

Banned
Naah, I see cats on here that are on these threads like it's their job. I still lurk and post a little here and there.

No, but I have noticed the first few years I was here 2013-16 I didn't post much, maybe 1 or 2 a week. Since then my posts have skyrocketed. So now that I think about it....I guess I probably do care.

I made this post to be able to click my username to check it.

Edit: just over 1k, that's pretty high for someone that never posts.

Nah. I think every thousandth post I hut is a milestone but I've always lurked more than participate.

Stealth Edit: over 7.5k. I like it here.

KYZR

I'm still a Junior after 5 years, so I guess not!

Total Posts: 286 (0.15 posts per day)

kswiston

I think it is sort of cool when I notice that I have hit a new 10k mark, but I don't actively track it. I usually just see it in passing when trying to access my old threads through my profile.

Aranjah

I think after coming into this thread is the first time I've looked at mine in a while.

I tend to be a lurker on any forum I'm a member of, so it's kinda low, as expected.

Kwixotik

I didn't even know what mine was before I clicked this thread, so not really. Most of them are probably shitposts anyway.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How do people post so much? It's ridiculous! I've been a member since 2004 and this is post 2350. I think people setup posting bots or something.
Nah, I just share my account with all my friends. If you see a good post, that's me. If the post is bad, know you know the reason.

Oh by the way, I don't have any friends, but don't let that confuse you. I only write the good posts!

kswiston

You really think it's weird that people post more than once every two days? It takes 30 seconds to write a short post.

GamerJM

Banned
I'll admit I like seeing it go higher a little bit. It's a remnant of an addiction I have from NSider where users got higher ranks and more privileges the higher their post count was (which is in theory a fun idea that makes the forum into more of a game, but in practice just encourages people to spam).

The culture behind it was funny though. I remember there were weekly leaderboards somewhere for people who posted the most. People who posted hundreds of times a day and pretty much spent all day on there. A couple of people famous for breaking 10k in less than four months.

Budi

Not really after I reached 300. Once when I went into my profile and I had 4.20 posts per day, that made me smile. I also often try to actually avoid short one word or sentence posts, so I just don't post if I feel I don't have much to contribute. And many times I just rather edit something into my earlier post than make another one quickly after.

Top Bottom