• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Toth's hot takes might disagree.

I hope he is actually enjoying this and not worrying the season away.

This was supposed to be a rebuild year and instead everything has moved forward at a crazy pace. This is one of the best teams we have had in years.

Malo

Banned

This was supposed to be a rebuild year and instead everything has moved forward at a crazy pace. This is one of the best teams we have had in years.
It's been a fun season so far. I had them out of the playoffs going into the season, so this has been a good surprise.

Rebuilding is fun.

JoseDFrog

Banned
One game playoff scares the hell out of me so I can understand the scoreboard watching, but it's the Orioles. I wouldn't trust them with a 10 run lead.

It would be great to see Sanchez, Judge, Bird terrorizing pitchers in the playoffs.

Toth

I am I swear haha. I just get a little too passionate at times.

Mike Trout is officially the all time franchise leader in WAR for the Anaheim Angels. He is 26 years old. Estimating conservatively (and barring significant injury), he will likely have more career WAR than Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Pete Rose, Jeff Bagwell, Joe DiMaggio, Robin Yount, Brooks Robinson, Frank Thomas or Derek Jeter before he's hits the age of 30. This has been your Mike Trout is Amazing moment.

3N16MA

Banned
Mike Trout is officially the all time franchise leader in WAR for the Anaheim Angels. He is 26 years old. Estimating conservatively (and barring significant injury), he will likely have more career WAR than Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Pete Rose, Jeff Bagwell, Joe DiMaggio, Robin Yount, Brooks Robinson, Frank Thomas or Derek Jeter before he's hits the age of 30. This has been your Mike Trout is Amazing moment.

Crazy that he just surpassed Joey Votto in Career bWAR and fWAR. Votto is an elite active player and Trout has bolted past him.

Who gives a shit about run differential

Its about winning games not how much you beat your opponents by

Teams with large run differentials usually win more games than teams with smaller run differentials. It happens every season and will continue to happen.

I think many people care about it.

BFIB

Who?

3N16MA

Banned

594777.jpg

Mike Trout.

The face of baseball.

rekameohs

Banned
Would rather have Bartolo tbh

Beckx

Who gives a shit about run differential

Its about winning games not how much you beat your opponents by

But seriously, if you want to understand why run differential is important, especially this late in the season, here is a very good article from a few years back.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=23497 - "The reason that run differential is so important is that it’s actually a better predictor of how well a team will perform in the future than their record at the moment."

I would also strongly recommend reading "Baseball Between the Numbers" as a starting place for why and how statistical analysis can tell you so much about baseball. Even why the playoffs aren't the crapshoot people say they are! And why PEDs aren't magic Superman Pills too.

Time to get revenge on the damn White Sox.

The only way to get revenge on the white Sox this year is to let them win out.

boxter432

Ignoring the obvious strike 3 call that would have ended the inning...
Just another classic twins game at yankee stadium where they crumble for no reason other than seeing pinstripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom