• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Well that was fun.

Seriously though possession means fuck all if we aren't even trying to slam it into the net. There was nothing going on first half with our forwards and midfield, nothing.

If we were going to go guns blazing this season in order to compensate for the lack of a defence, what the fuck is Klopp telling these players before they walk out? No one was clinical there at all first half.

No, sorry, Cout was the only half-way arsed player there for the first 45.

And then, glass cannon (minus the actual cannon ball to fire) that we are, soft goal, the littlest of chinks, and we fell apart.

That's to say nothing that Leicester didn't wake the fuck up in fury the second they scored. If by some chance we get out of Group stages (and after tonight that's a huge fucking 'if'), can you imagine what some of Europe's finest is gonna do to us if they see how much we flop when we concede?

No, sorry, Cout was the only half-way arsed player there for the first 45.
Can't say I agree with that. Robertson was very positive in the first half. He made some good runs and put a few inviting crosses in. Solanke was putting a genuine effort in too and was unlucky not to score. That said, I agree there were too many passengers.

It was unlikely Leicester were going to play so badly again in the second half, but we didn't up the tempo at all in response.

Can't say I agree with that. Robinson was very positive in the first half. He made some good runs and put a few inviting crosses in. Solanke was putting a genuine effort in too and was unlucky not to score. That said, I agree there were too many passengers.

It was unlikely Leicester were going to play so badly again in the second half, but we didn't up the tempo at all in response.

You know what, right on that one, I meant more about trying to score when the ball came into the box but for none of them to find a goal amidst all those attempts none of them should be proud of that performance.

Garjon

I'm just annoyed now. the same mistakes made, conceding right after a fucking throw in YET AGAIN. If we keep on this track we will struggle to get anywhere near the Top 6.

I mean, when was the last time we even had two good seasons in a row?

King_Moc

Banned
I'm just annoyed now. the same mistakes made, conceding right after a fucking throw in YET AGAIN. If we keep on this track we will struggle to get anywhere near the Top 6.

The late 80's, lol.

I'm defining good season as challenging for the title btw.

In terms of trophies probably 2004-2005 and 2005-2006. Performance-wise probably 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.

Garjon

You know what, right on that one, I meant more about trying to score when the ball came into the box but for none of them to find a goal amidst all those attempts none of them should be proud of that performance.

This. For all of his crosses, few seemed willing to get on the end of them.

I also don't think Danny Ward did too badly either.

ty_hot

I was sure Paulinho would fit perfectly in the Barça team,

Today it was 6x1, 1 goal, 1 assist and in 2 other goals he was close there, just waiting for a rebound. At the same time that he is attacking well he is very fast to come back, he is constantly the first one to pressure the other team's players and then quickly come back to Barça's midfield line.

I hope he stays in the starting 11 (idk if he played today because someone was injured).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
my first thought looking at the results was "what the fuck is the Carabao Cup?" sounds like Liverpool were playing in the Chinese super league or something. Nobody's got time for these mickey mouse cups anyway.

FFS! I just turned on my phone and saw the results. I didn't even get to see the match but I can already guess what happened.god damn it

casiopao

So pleased that blue Milan draw with Bologna lol.

As Juventus next match is against Viola which would always put everything to beat us every season.

Hope that Pipita can quickly regain his scoring form here as we can't keep hoping that La Joya can carry us the whole game.

my first thought looking at the results was "what the fuck is the Carabao Cup?" sounds like Liverpool were playing in the Chinese super league or something. Nobody's got time for these mickey mouse cups anyway.

A cup is a cup for me, and it's the sort of trophy teams like Liverpool (and Spurs) should be desperate to win.

And this is why I stand by my "Arsenal had a good transfer window" remark.

£35 million for that.

With one year left on his contract. You forgot the cherry on top of that incredibly shit signing. Thanks for the link though His Majesty, sent it on my group chat since one of my friends there's a Liverpool fan. Called it an awful signing the second it happened, and I got shit from EPL fans including him in particular. I'm just gonna start posting his stats and gifs for the rest of the season

sips-tea-gif-5.gif

Jerry

1- 0 against Barnsley.

So far we're 2 for 2 in cup matches at Wembley. I don't mid missing out on the PL trophy if it means we win the league cup, fa cup and champions league :)

Btw what's people's thoughts on the job Klopp is doing at Liverpool? Seen a few journos turn up the heat on his record vs BRod and starting to question things

I think he's done a good job of ensuring they have a quality attacking line but their central midfield, defence and goalkeepers are not good enough for where they want to get to

Klopp has the same problem Rodgers had. The owners. If it wasn't for Rogers final year and him losing the plot the narrative would still have been the owners not getting the right kind of signings. He doesn't have the players to play in the style he wants. Moral in the team got smashed in the City game and Klopp needs to do something to get that back.

NHale

Btw what's people's thoughts on the job Klopp is doing at Liverpool? Seen a few journos turn up the heat on his record vs BRod and starting to question things

I think he's done a good job of ensuring they have a quality attacking line but their central midfield, defence and goalkeepers are not good enough for where they want to get to

To me it depends on who is to blame for the lack of a center back signing this summer. If it was the board that said VVD or no one else, then I blame the board, if it was Klopp that said that only VVD would improve the squad then he has to get the blame for this team.

You can't seriously tell me there isn't a single center back on the market besides VVD that would improve that squad.

With one year left on his contract. You forgot the cherry on top of that incredibly shit signing. Thanks for the link though His Majesty, sent it on my group chat since one of my friends there's a Liverpool fan. Called it an awful signing the second it happened, and I got shit from EPL fans including him in particular. I'm just gonna start posting his stats and gifs for the rest of the season

sips-tea-gif-5.gif

in that case I think you'll enjoy this as well

Top Bottom