• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

I've feel like the developers for both Nioh and For Honor have the same problem- that is to say two fanbase on opposite ends.

In For Honor it's between people who feels that assassin class characters have all the advantage, and people who thinks that defensive play is unbeatable at high levels.

In Nioh, you got people who thinks the game is too difficult and people who thinks the game is too easy. And later you're going to have the PvP crowd as well so that's another nightmare to balance.

EDIT: Of course, the solution is difficulty mode. But I can imagine people being too proud to reduce difficulty and we'll still the same same complaints of "Cheap, broken, impossible, unbeatable enemies!"

Greddleok

I'm not touching PVP. The builds are so easily broken that it'll just be an absolute shitshow.

Not to mention I deal with a lot f stuff by parrying. That'll be straight up impossible with lag.

Zaventem

I'm not touching PVP. The builds are so easily broken that it'll just be an absolute shitshow.

Not to mention I deal with a lot f stuff by parrying. That'll be straight up impossible with lag.

Well you never know if they'll give you clean slate characters with set points to pick from as a separation between the two.

IvorB

I wonder if they will ever own up to the nerfing and give us an explanation. It's really not a cool bait and switch they pulled.

I can parry in co-op just fine. Their netcode is pretty damn good. I don't see why it would be any different in pvp.

And I'm really hoping that pvp is a separate arena mode where all characters are normalized and a lot of shit is disabled or it will be a complete shitshow.

For example, what the hell is the point of dodging behind someone who over commits to a big attack if they can just hold L1 and guard omnidirectionally.

Fandangox

I assume for PvP the community will try to come up with some set of rules or something, won't stop random/on the fly PvPs I guess.

myco666

Yeah I remember having lot of trouble playing the beta and only got to a second shrine I think. With the full game I cruised through the whole level very easily outside of the boss. Same with the levels in alpha. Also the Spirit Stone Slumbers level was filled with enemies and was really nuts compared to what we got.

After seeing the butchery that occurred in the
Death Lilies
mission, I really don't get why they didn't just turn down the damage numbers across the board instead of draining the level of enemies entirely if the difficulty was the issue.

Was in response to the nerf posts by the way, not still ranting from the last page haha.

laxu

EDIT: Of course, the solution is difficulty mode. But I can imagine people being too proud to reduce difficulty and we'll still the same same complaints of "Cheap, broken, impossible, unbeatable enemies!"

Depends on how you introduce difficulty. Just making enemies hit harder and take a ton of hits is not a good way to increase difficulty. Souls games largely handle difficulty with enemy placement and hard to predict enemy moves. NG+ modes largely just compensate your weapon level and stats.

I think Nioh has enough enemies that can take lots of hits to take down but most enemies have a very limited moveset that doesn't cover a lot of bases as you can usually just dodge behind them.

He was a boss in FFX as far as I can recall.

Dude tried to bankrupt me every time I summoned him.

After seeing the butchery that occurred in the
Death Lilies
mission, I really don't get why they didn't just turn down the damage numbers across the board instead of draining the level of enemies entirely if the difficulty was the issue.

Was in response to the nerf posts by the way, not still ranting from the last page haha.

Seems like many of the missing elements were spread between Normal, Twilight, NG+, Twilight NG+, and Torii.

Kudo

So for Gallantry text I need farm Defiled Holy Mountain end boss or do i have another way. It my favourite set in game

Thought it was reward from the mission myself, got it on my first go.
Shouldn't be too rare, good luck.

Deku Tree

If you sign up to be a visitor then don't leave when you find out the player is not at the boss the second you show up.

Fandangox

If you sign up to be a visitor then don't leave when you find out the player is not at the boss the second you show up.

Yeah, unlike souls, I for some reason don't have any expectation of where I am gonna be summoned, I guess is because the levels are isolated, so it makes more sense in my head that someone also wants to summon for a level instead of just a boss.

That reminds me though, when I was playing Bloodborne and got summoned at the Nightmare of Mensis right before the boss, but the player was nowhere near, I searched for them and the finally found them, accompanied them until they summoned a third player, who was, I assume, also near to the boss, which we weren't close to. We made our way over there, but shortly hear the player dying, I think they just felt through the elevator lol

RangerBAD

I finally got the Platinum trophy. If the DLC has trophies, please don't have any Twilight related trophies, Team Ninja!

Can someone give me a list of all smithing texts, where they are to be found and what they unlock?

I would like to know which of them I already have and where I have to farm the remaining.

My ultimate boss compilation ;D

All Non-Final Yokai Bosses NG+(No Hit, No Omnyo, No Guardian Spirit, No Ninjutsu, No Items, No Armour)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4OMhBF1_Yg

Not sure I will do
Orochi and Hundred Eyes

Oi, Zack, I love your videos, but come on man. EVERY TIME: oNmyo not omnyo.

Can someone give me a list of all smithing texts, where they are to be found and what they unlock?

I would like to know which of them I already have and where I have to farm the remaining.

I don't think anyone has that info. Not even the wiki.

Espada

I farmed T+H for hours yesterday and barely got any weapon drops for either them or the mission reward. And this was with equipment drop rate stuff equipped.

I farmed T+H for hours yesterday and barely got any weapon drops for either them or the mission reward. And this was with equipment drop rate stuff equipped.

Did you also set your kodama blessing to Weapon drop rate?

I also wear a kodama bowl when I farm them.

Hystzen

After 2 weeks finally onto Way Of Strong

Boss was a chump before you unlock it most deaths was
Sakon
took me a hour for some reason to beat him. Kept getting caught by that thunder thrust and super grab that can grab you mid move

what;s the best armor and weapon set for close katana combat? with mid stance as the main stance and Kato as my pokemon

i will post a pic of my current set which i fucking love that's why i havent changed it in a while when i get back from work

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
The search for loot, crafting, soulmatching, forging is addicting as hell :S but really fun! But man this game need some more enemy types.

Zesh

what;s the best armor and weapon set for close katana combat? with mid stance as the main stance and Kato as my pokemon

i will post a pic of my current set which i fucking love that's why i havent changed it in a while when i get back from work
Kingo is probably best, as katana builds tend to be back attack focused due to how absurd Sword of Execution is.

And a bunch of other movies too. Basically any lone hired gun is based on yojimbo. Pretty much every kurosawa movie was remade. Star wars, even the godfather are loosely based on a few

Not the same league of quality but the Lone Wolf & Cub series sure is entertaining and great. Referring to the films here, never read the comics.

Pompadour

Not the same league of quality but the Lone Wolf & Cub series sure is entertaining and great. Referring to the films here, never read the comics.

The comics are surprisingly good. Most of it is ridiculous violence and nudity for the sake of nudity but there's occasional great storytelling there. The chapter about the elderly assassins sent to kill Ogami Itto was a fantastic, self-contained short story.

Okay, which dual katana skill is "Moon Shadow"? Unless I'm completely blind I can't find it on the fextralite wiki :v

If an enemy deflects your attack, you automatically fancy pants move to their back for an attack. Not really a fan of it myself, as taking away control has lead to being hit several times.

Speaking of skills, god of wind can make human bosses a joke, I mean damn. Huge Ki damage.

If an enemy deflects your attack, you automatically fancy pants move to their back for an attack. Not really a fan of it myself, as taking away control has lead to being hit several times.

Speaking of skills, god of wind can make human bosses a joke, I mean damn. Huge Ki damage.

Thanks and yes God of Wind III is amazing. The best part is even if the kick is blocked, the double slash could still be combo'd from it.

Frankly, I wish all combo chains don't break when you hit a guard. Guarding right now is quite strong against everything but big boss attacks.

Or at least give us a guardbreak move like in DS.

Espada

Thanks and yes God of Wind III is amazing. The best part is even if the kick is blocked, the double slash could still be combo'd from it.

Frankly, I wish all combo chains don't break when you hit a guard. Guarding right now is quite strong against everything but big boss attacks.

Or at least give us a guardbreak move like in DS.

And this is why I love my 91 Break Hinomotogo + Enko combo. You want to block? Okay, go ahead. Say goodbye to your Ki.

It makes people like Tachibana a joke.

Depends on how you introduce difficulty. Just making enemies hit harder and take a ton of hits is not a good way to increase difficulty. Souls games largely handle difficulty with enemy placement and hard to predict enemy moves. NG+ modes largely just compensate your weapon level and stats.

I think Nioh has enough enemies that can take lots of hits to take down but most enemies have a very limited moveset that doesn't cover a lot of bases as you can usually just dodge behind them.

That was the case for Souls as well, most enemies can be circumvented by dodging through their attacks and hitting them in the back. Souls have a lot of 'variety' but most of those don't actually have difficult moves.

So anyway back to Nioh, Youkai are easy to make interesting since you can get them to do whatever and make them crazy looking. So for human enemies I think the way to go is to make them progressively more like the player characters. For example:

1) Bandits - only uses mid stances
2) Bandit Leader - uses all stances
3) Samurai - uses all stances, parries
4) Samurai Elite - uses all three stances, parries and some skills
5) Samurai Commander - uses Ki pulse, all stances, all skills

This can extend to Ninja, Onmyouji, or hell even warrior monks

Kar L

Finally got the platinum last night!

I've been rolling around in 7/7 Obsidian Samurai set +3 and loving it so far. Got the smithing text for Nobunagas set too, even though I already have all of those pieces with crappy inheritables.

Definitely a strong contender for GOTY. Q1 gaming releases for 2017 have been insane.

Top Bottom