• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

tumblr_m0qmvviCGc1rokap0o1_500.gif

Soma

I probably won't be able to play this version for a long time since I have no Vita but I do miss this game. Good times.

Thoraxes

I'm buying it when it comes out because I got dat Newegg deal, but I don't think i'll be playing it till after I situate myself after the Wii U launch and building backlog that is scaring me right now.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really hope the new voices for chie/teddie that were good in P4, but OH GOD ALL CAPS AWFUL in P4A are not as bad in this. Would be a giant bummer.

Charlie is cannon. Deal with it weeaboos.

Roto13

Can someone explain to me whats different about shuffle time?

No review seems to make it clear.

All of the cards are laid out for you, face up. There are a bunch of arcana that do different things, like make enemies on that floor unable to see you, or cut your earned money in half. Cards with negative effects let you draw extra cards. Some rare cards have no effect but making cards you've picked disappear (which you can make work in your favour, by picking up a half-money card and then picking up that card to make the half-money card disappear). If you manage to pick up every card on screen, Shuffle Time will automatically happen after the next battle no matter what, some negative cards will be turned to positive cards, and you'll have three draws from the beginning instead of one.

So basically instead of just picking one card and having it turn up as something good or bad, you can strategize a bit and potentially get a bunch of different bonuses.

My solid gold will arrive on release day.

Time until eBay? 8 days... @_@

Will also buy standard edition for myself though. The last thing I need is more physical garbage lying around my house!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, Nich... day one buyers on PSN get the themes: Yes/No?

Paid off the solid golden edition on Amazon thanks to gift cards. However, I won't play the game until this semester ends since this game is rather addicting last time I played it.

W1SSY

I have had this preordered for what seems like ages. Watching the GiantBomb ER made me want to play this so bad so I was pumped when it was announced for the Vita.

Marche90

Stole the Rise avatar

She doesn't get enough love :(

Awesome OT, btw. Most likely I'll but P4G before my Vita, but w/e, I need to secure this game

I have had this preordered for what seems like ages. Watching the GiantBomb ER made me want to play this so bad so I was pumped when it was announced for the Vita.

Yeah, that ER was funnier than I thought it would be. Coming off of Persona 4, I figured that they would hate it and be flippant, but they ended up really liking the game, especially Jeff. I'd like to see Ryan and Brad take a shot at it.

Yuripaw

Banned
Yeah, that ER was funnier than I thought it would be. Coming off of Persona 4, I figured that they would hate it and be flippant, but they ended up really liking the game, especially Jeff. I'd like to see Ryan and Brad take a shot at it.

If you listen to the bombcast, it does sound like a lot of the GB picked up Vita's just so they could play Persona 4. At least Patrick, and Ryan did.

Chris R

On vacation, gonna pick this up (belch at paying sales tax on a video game :( ), should make the flight home nice :)

No chance this has a $10 drop on BF anywhere right?

W1SSY

If you listen to the bombcast, it does sound like a lot of the GB picked up Vita's just so they could play Persona 4. At least Patrick, and Ryan did.
I cannot wait to hear what they think. I know Ryan got one and Patrick has been talking about it.

YYqAe.gif

Probably my favorite .gif for Persona 4.

Nice! I'm so far behind on the GBcast, at least 5 weeks. Those guys still mention Chie every now and then too, even though it's been years.

Chris R

it was a $10 off on newegg for the longest time lol

Shipping from Newegg makes any deal they do pointless for me :(

Gonna scan the various ads and cag to see if there is a hint of this being on sale anywhere on BF, since I'd only be playing it after BF anyways.

edit: so far behind isn't 5 weeks... the bombcast I was listening today had bits on the Borderlands 2 announcement and 3DS price drop... I'm listening to a bunch of bombcasts while driving on vacation though!

Seda

Played through the PS2 version this summer, and I have this pre-ordered. I won't be able to get to it for a while though.

Top Bottom