• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

hampig

Alright! I'll give it a chance, of course. There are elements I like...You have to be in the mood for it.

To me it sounds like it might not be your kind of game. The reason I loved it was those walls of text. The social links are at the core of the game and if you don't like them then you might as well just play something else imo.

To me it sounds like it might not be your kind of game. The reason I loved it was those walls of text. The social links are at the core of the game and if you don't like them then you might as well just play something else imo.

Well, there are RPGs where I like those kind of things. I just wasn't sure how the game is gonna progress from where I am because so far it has been EXTREMELY linear. It's not like the characters are totally uninteresting. The mystery that was established in the beginning is cool, too. I just hope there's more gameplay in the following hours. :)

I want to like it and the chance that I'll look for things to appreciate rather than stuff to nitpick on is rather high.

Considering how everyone loves these games there has to be something I missed. I'm at the beginning – some games have a slow start, indeed.

Sulik2

I am way, way behind the curve on this game, but finally started playing it last night. The characters and strangeness of the setting have me hooked already. Wished i had played this sooner, living up to the hype in the first five hours. Chie is super annoying though. Hopefully I get another party member and can swap her out soon.

I am way, way behind the curve on this game, but finally started playing it last night. The characters and strangeness of the setting have me hooked already. Wished i had played this sooner, living up to the hype in the first five hours. Chie is super annoying though. Hopefully I get another party member and can swap her out soon.

The first five hours are about the only part of the game I see get criticized (except the dungeon designs).

If you're already enjoying it so far, boy are you in for a ride.

Curufinwe

I think her VA gets less annoying as the game goes on.

P4 had a different, older-sounding VA for Chie.

Megatron

I just started this a couple weeks ago. I'm just over 20 hours in. Question: Are the null skills like nullwind passive? Like, do I have to cast them for them to do anything, or if I know them wind attacks just don't hurt me?

Lusankya

I just started this a couple weeks ago. I'm just over 20 hours in. Question: Are the null skills like nullwind passive? Like, do I have to cast them for them to do anything, or if I know them wind attacks just don't hurt me?

Stuff like Null/Resist/Absorb/Reflect Element are passive skills, but you need to equip the Persona for them to have an effect of course.

Gojeran

Just finished Persona 5 and planning to play this on PS TV. Question if I buy the physical copy of P4G to use with the PS TV do I still need to buy a vita memory card? Also does the digital version load or run better than the physical version? I've read that the PS TV also supports DS4 now, is this true? I don't have a DS3 (thank god) anymore.

BouncyFrag

Just finished Persona 5 and planning to play this on PS TV. Question if I buy the physical copy of P4G to use with the PS TV do I still need to buy a vita memory card? Also does the digital version load or run better than the physical version? I've read that the PS TV also supports DS4 now, is this true? I don't have a DS3 (thank god) anymore.
I'm playing P4G physical on the pstv with my ds4 and it works great. There is 1 gig of internal storage on the pstv and you don't need an extra memory card. I don't know if the digital version runs faster but the game loads and runs fast for me.

Gojeran

I'm playing P4G physical on the pstv with my ds4 and it works great. There is 1 gig of internal storage on the pstv and you don't need an extra memory card. I don't know if the digital version runs faster but the game loads and runs fast for me.

Perfect response since I got impatient and bought it already!! Thanks a bunch for the reply. I hope I love it as much as P5 which was my first Persona game.

mindatlarge

Quick question for veterans of this game regarding Marie and the
bonus dungeon near the end of Golden

Marie does have a Max Social Link in my game. Upon visiting the Velvet Room around January 1st or 2nd, I believe, I was prompted by Margaret to have her take me to Marie, even though it was dangerous, since she had left the Velvet Room, or decline. I declined due to thinking I could come back and renew the dialog choice through the menus in the Velvet Room as I wasn't sure at the time what would happen depending on my decision. I lost track of time and a few days passed.

A few days later, Marie came to me in a dream saying she would now be removed from my memory. At that point I knew I had probably screwed something up.

Upon looking it up, I am seeing conflicting information. I am currently on January 10th, also my last supplemental save was back in early December, I have since gained 10 levels and did the grind to level 99 across my characters and my main Personas. So reverting back to that save would kill my soul.

My questions are:

-Come February, when Marie's bonus dungeon becomes available, I think around the time of the ski trip, will that dungeon become available to me, or am I boned because of not picking the dialog choice to be taken to Marie by Margaret? At the current date I'm on, January 10th, once entering the Velvet Room, there is zero mention of Marie, even when going through the menus within the Velvet Room.

-If I am boned...and the bonus dungeon will not become available, are there any other dungeons that I can play towards or is the rest of the game just dialog and designed for the player to finish up things like reading books and maxing out Social Links, etc?

Any info would be much appreciated! Thank you!

BaasRed

Banned
Quick question for veterans of this game regarding Marie and the
bonus dungeon near the end of Golden

Marie does have a Max Social Link in my game. Upon visiting the Velvet Room around January 1st or 2nd, I believe, I was prompted by Margaret to have her take me to Marie, even though it was dangerous, since she had left the Velvet Room, or decline. I declined due to thinking I could come back and renew the dialog choice through the menus in the Velvet Room as I wasn't sure at the time what would happen depending on my decision. I lost track of time and a few days passed.

A few days later, Marie came to me in a dream saying she would now be removed from my memory. At that point I knew I had probably screwed something up.

Upon looking it up, I am seeing conflicting information. I am currently on January 10th, also my last supplemental save was back in early December, I have since gained 10 levels and did the grind to level 99 across my characters and my main Personas. So reverting back to that save would kill my soul.

My questions are:

-Come February, when Marie's bonus dungeon becomes available, I think around the time of the ski trip, will that dungeon become available to me, or am I boned because of not picking the dialog choice to be taken to Marie by Margaret? At the current date I'm on, January 10th, once entering the Velvet Room, there is zero mention of Marie, even when going through the menus within the Velvet Room.

-If I am boned...and the bonus dungeon will not become available, are there any other dungeons that I can play towards or is the rest of the game just dialog and designed for the player to finish up things like reading books and maxing out Social Links, etc?

Any info would be much appreciated! Thank you!

If you want the dungeon you have to reset the save and talk to Margaret again. The grind can be easier if you pick a persona with mass dark/light spells that insta kill shadows. You can even go to a dungeon solo with such a persona and lvl up your mc super fast since all the exp instead of being shared across your party will go to him. (I did this in
Nanako's
dungeon and leveled up fast).

For your last question, the game has one more dungeon and even some extra content in ng+ but the ng+ stuff is a REALLY long and tedious path.

I'd suggest reseting the save and playing through Marie's storyline properly, otherwise you'd miss out on a great dungeon they made just for this version of the game.

Top Bottom