• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Toa TAK
Banned
(04-29-2016, 06:09 PM)

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

It may be fixed next week or at the latest the week after.

It needs to hurry up.
OdysseusVA
Banned
(04-29-2016, 06:16 PM)

Originally Posted by SG-17

Congrats OdysseusVA you are the last poster in OT1. I contacted a mod to close it so you losers would stop bumping it and confusing people.

Ozorov
Member
(04-29-2016, 06:34 PM)
Ozorov's Avatar
Bacta bomb and extra credits on May 4th
5taquitos
Member
(04-29-2016, 06:49 PM)
5taquitos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ozorov

Bacta bomb and extra credits on May 4th

And hopefully a big fatty patch.
Toa TAK
Banned
(04-29-2016, 09:14 PM)

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Damn you sir.
DeviantBoi
Member
(04-29-2016, 09:56 PM)
DeviantBoi's Avatar
The PlayStation Latin America Twitter account posted this:

¿Ya tienes Star Wars Battlefront? Entonces visita http://play.st/1r3dug0 y obtén Outer Rim gratis hasta el 1/5.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation_LA/s...34657788473345


It translates to: "Already have Star Wars Battlefront? Then visit http://play.st/1r3dug0 and get Outer Rim free until 5/1".


Free?

I would say that it's free for season pass holders, but that wouldn't have an expiration date of May 1.
5taquitos
Member
(04-29-2016, 10:01 PM)
5taquitos's Avatar
Sounds like a Free Weekend for the DLC.
DeviantBoi
Member
(04-29-2016, 10:02 PM)
DeviantBoi's Avatar

Originally Posted by 5taquitos

Sounds like a Free Weekend for the DLC.

Ah! That makes more sense.
MrDaravon
Member
(04-29-2016, 10:21 PM)
MrDaravon's Avatar
Just ordered a copy of this on the Gamefly sale, I played a bit around launch, only got to level 20-25 or so. What's the game looking like these days? I remember all kinds of balance issues/complaints were still happening, but this was before any paid DLC dropped. I mostly just enjoy the game as a fanboy thing and a game I can just chill with and not worry too much about taking it seriously, but I am curious what the game looks like in general right now.

Also how has the paid DLC been? I've got a friend who still plays somewhat regularly who has the season pass so I'll probably wind up grabbing the pass as well anyway, but still curious.
Gravemind IV
Member
(04-29-2016, 10:25 PM)
Gravemind IV's Avatar
Anybody seen this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFicXlvJBdo

This had me in stitches, goddamn.

I had hoped for more on the 4th of May, but I didn't expect more than that. If that makes any sense.
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(04-29-2016, 10:39 PM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrDaravon

Just ordered a copy of this on the Gamefly sale, I played a bit around launch, only got to level 20-25 or so. What's the game looking like these days? I remember all kinds of balance issues/complaints were still happening, but this was before any paid DLC dropped. I mostly just enjoy the game as a fanboy thing and a game I can just chill with and not worry too much about taking it seriously, but I am curious what the game looks like in general right now.

Also how has the paid DLC been? I've got a friend who still plays somewhat regularly who has the season pass so I'll probably wind up grabbing the pass as well anyway, but still curious.

The patch that came with the first DLC caused all sorts of problems, but nothing that affects the gameplay.
Aside from that, the game has never been more balanced. And the DLC is very good. New maps and heroes are awesome, the new mode is very addicting to play and the new starcards are nice as well. The only thing that's a bit meh are the new weapons, they need some tweaking.
Toa TAK
Banned
(04-29-2016, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Gravemind IV

Anybody seen this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFicXlvJBdo

This had me in stitches, goddamn.

CREEPIO!

I'm pretty satisfied with what we're getting on May 4th for this game. I just want Bespin already.
Insane Metal
Dispensed Internet Salt
(04-30-2016, 01:32 AM)
Insane Metal's Avatar

Originally Posted by 5taquitos

OT1 Midi-chlorian count:

WTF I posted all that? Lmao

Haven't played the game in like two months (since The Division came out, sorry SW!)
DeepEnigma
Banned
(04-30-2016, 03:58 AM)
What's this about May the 4th for this game?
Orcus
Member
(04-30-2016, 04:28 AM)

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

So you can taunt whilst bieng force chocked.

I have to rethink ALL of my strategies now.

OMG! The possibilities! I can't wait for this to happen now. I'm going to change out my taunts just for this.
Ozorov
Member
(04-30-2016, 09:40 AM)
Ozorov's Avatar

Originally Posted by MMarston

Not even Yoda has a midichlorian count as high as Ozorov

Originally Posted by Tubie

Ozorov is basically kid Anakin in EP 1.

Can't believe I actually posted as much as I did in that OT.

As far as Battlefront, I've just been waiting till they fix all the bugs to play again, I just stopped playing at level 53 weeks ago.

Yes....YEEES. UNLIMITED POWAAAAAH
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-30-2016, 12:10 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by DeepEnigma

What's this about May the 4th for this game?

Free credits, bacta bomb challenge and apparently the first DLC is free to try for a small period of time.

Maybe there will be a surprise or two.

Also patch out on the 3rd.
phil_t98
Member
(04-30-2016, 12:35 PM)

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

Free credits, bacta bomb challenge and apparently the first DLC is free to try for a small period of time.

Maybe there will be a surprise or two.

Also patch out on the 3rd.

If that's all the surprise is that's just crappy, what about the people who forked out for the season pass to support the game?

I deffo thought they may drop some free DLC or something but just to do bacta bomb and a try out for the DLC is a bit meh to be honest.

hope they patch it tho as it needs fixing, a great game just silly little things spoiling it at the moment, I think they need to allow grenades through shields again personaly but hey that could be just me
Alkastelca
Member
(04-30-2016, 03:05 PM)
Alkastelca's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam


Also patch out on the 3rd.

Will it bring SP content / bots for MP ?
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-30-2016, 03:09 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alkastelca

Will it bring SP content / bots for MP ?

I don't think so unfortunately.

Something of that magnitude might be relegated to being an E3 announcement.
DeepEnigma
Banned
(04-30-2016, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

Free credits, bacta bomb challenge and apparently the first DLC is free to try for a small period of time.

Maybe there will be a surprise or two.

Also patch out on the 3rd.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Need to jump back in soon.
Gravemind IV
Member
(04-30-2016, 05:13 PM)
Gravemind IV's Avatar


Sigh, I sure hope this is getting fixed in the May patch.

Also, please, don't spawn me in ongoing orbital strikes as the hero.
Forerunner
Member
(05-01-2016, 03:15 AM)
I actually played a bit today; I haven’t played in a while. Unlocked Mandalorian Strength seems pretty decent. However, I see team balancing is bad still or they don’t split up parties. There was a guy on the other team that camped the hero tokens all the time and got them 90% of the time. Every game he was constantly going 60-2 or something similar. Eventually my team started to get better (since people were just quitting most of the time) and we started to actually win some games.
JumPeRJumPzZ
Banned
(05-01-2016, 03:31 AM)

Originally Posted by phil_t98

If that's all the surprise is that's just crappy, what about the people who forked out for the season pass to support the game?

You hopefully know that creating this content takes time...

New Paid DLC comes in June for Season Pass owners.

I really dont get this complaints. Its ridiclious.
phil_t98
Member
(05-01-2016, 10:13 AM)

Originally Posted by JumPeRJumPzZ

You hopefully know that creating this content takes time...

New Paid DLC comes in June for Season Pass owners.

I really dont get this complaints. Its ridiclious.

basicly what am saying is season pass holders have paid to get the DLC now everybody is getting a free go of something that people forked a fair chunk of cash for that's all.

It seemed the Big surprise they teased for may 4th seems to be free go of the DLC for the people who haven't bought it, so what do season pass holders get on that day nowt realy, don't seem that ridiclious to me to be fair after them saying a big surprise that's all
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(05-01-2016, 11:16 AM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by phil_t98

basicly what am saying is season pass holders have paid to get the DLC now everybody is getting a free go of something that people forked a fair chunk of cash for that's all.

It seemed the Big surprise they teased for may 4th seems to be free go of the DLC for the people who haven't bought it, so what do season pass holders get on that day nowt realy, don't seem that ridiclious to me to be fair after them saying a big surprise that's all

It benefits everyone really, even the season pass holders.
Gravemind IV
Member
(05-01-2016, 01:22 PM)
Gravemind IV's Avatar



Am I missing something here? It happens with sabers, it happens with ion disruptors and pulse cannons, it happens in fucking starfighters. How is it possible that Dice has done exactly jack shit about any of this?



Got to love it when the AT-AT has a grievance with you and will target you immediately on sight. Lovely.



Also, this kind of stuff, please just stop. It's the same as the dumb shit going on with the Imperial hero icon on the first set of uplinks on Jakku. It either takes a year to spawn in the downed AT-AT, at which point it's being swarmed by Rebels. Or it even manages to spawn ALL THE WAY in the Rebel spawn, what an absolute joke.
SG-17
Member
(05-01-2016, 04:25 PM)
SG-17's Avatar
Finally got Berserker. Apparently it's really good in 12 player modes but not good enough to overtake Scout in 40 player modes.
nillah
Banned
(05-01-2016, 07:07 PM)
How many of you are wishing for a Battlefront campaign right about now? because I am. Dice surprisingly has a good track record with story modes so I just feel like it was a missed opportunity with something that Battlefront series hasn't seen
OdysseusVA
Banned
(05-01-2016, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by nillah

How many of you are wishing for a Battlefront campaign right about now? because I am. Dice surprisingly has a good track record with story modes so I just feel like it was a missed opportunity with something that Battlefront series hasn't seen

Um what
nillah
Banned
(05-01-2016, 07:12 PM)

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Um what

BFBC2, Medal of Honor has one of the best terrorist based single player campaigns, ever. Missed opportunity.
OdysseusVA
Banned
(05-01-2016, 07:28 PM)

Originally Posted by nillah

BFBC2, Medal of Honor has one of the best terrorist based single player campaigns, ever. Missed opportunity.

BC2 was a mind numbingly, boring slog
MoH was done by the now defunct Danger Close
5taquitos
Member
(05-01-2016, 08:01 PM)
5taquitos's Avatar

Originally Posted by nillah

BFBC2, Medal of Honor has one of the best terrorist based single player campaigns, ever. Missed opportunity.

DICE couldn't write themselves out of a wet paper bag. BF3 and BF4 (their most recent games, and therefore the best indicator of quality) have two of the worst shooter campaigns I've ever played.

No way in hell do I want them anywhere near my Star Wars lore.
Oynox
Member
(05-01-2016, 08:28 PM)
Oynox's Avatar

Originally Posted by nillah

BFBC has the best terrorist based single player campaigns, ever. Missed opportunity.

/fixed
PrankT
Member
(05-01-2016, 11:14 PM)
PrankT's Avatar
Let's hurry up and get to page 3 so we don't have to load these gifs.
PrankT
Member
(05-01-2016, 11:16 PM)
PrankT's Avatar
I wouldn't mind a real single player game, but I'd likely stick to multiplayer anyway.
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(05-01-2016, 11:33 PM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar
Really hoping they show something from the upcoming Visceral Star Wars game on E3, but I'll have my Battlefront MP focused, thank you very much.
Palpable
Member
(05-02-2016, 06:08 AM)
Palpable's Avatar

Originally Posted by PintSizedSlasher

Really hoping they show something from the upcoming Visceral Star Wars game on E3, but I'll have my Battlefront MP focused, thank you very much.

Huh? I thought EA had exclusive rights for SW games.
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(05-02-2016, 06:48 AM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palpable

Huh? I thought EA had exclusive rights for SW games.

EA is the parent company of Visceral.
Rumor has it that the game is going to be an 3rd person open world rpg with heroes.
DeepEnigma
Banned
(05-02-2016, 07:31 AM)

Originally Posted by PrankT

Let's hurry up and get to page 3 so we don't have to load these gifs.

For some reason this cracked me up, lol. We are a disgruntled bunch, but understand one another to not be offended. Such a great OT group.
Orcus
Member
(05-02-2016, 07:39 AM)

Originally Posted by PrankT

I wouldn't mind a real single player game, but I'd likely stick to multiplayer anyway.

Yeah, modern DICE has not shown quality campaign single player. I would rather the focus is on multi.

Besides, I distinctly remember one of the devs commenting on a post in the BF4 reveal thread, basically saying that the reason they do single player is for the marketing and for a check list against COD. He didn't state that directly, but responded to a post someone made about the graphics and feel of the single player trailer and how it blew COD away, stating something like "and that's why we do single player."
Oynox
Member
(05-02-2016, 11:00 AM)
Oynox's Avatar
We will get 4.444 credits on May the 4th + access to Hut contracts for the bacta bomb for 3.500 and 8.000 credits. And the game is free to try on PC for some time.

http://www.ea.com/news/celebrate-may...ar-wars-and-ea
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(05-02-2016, 11:27 AM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oynox

We will get 4.444 credits on May the 4th + access to Hut contracts for the bacta bomb for 3.500 and 8.000 credits. And the game is free to try on PC for some time.

http://www.ea.com/news/celebrate-may...ar-wars-and-ea


Oynox
Member
(05-02-2016, 11:35 AM)
Oynox's Avatar
Ups, that was quite old news. Sorry for that. Honestly, the news was no surprise anyways...
Palpable
Member
(05-02-2016, 11:41 AM)
Palpable's Avatar
Anyone that uses explosive shot is a worthless sack of shit that needs to break their console/pc
Marvel
could never
(05-02-2016, 12:42 PM)
Marvel's Avatar
I had a quick blast on this yesterday, was a lot of fun. Going to put some time into it, just can't get over how great it all looks and sounds.

Wish I had a better TV haha
SG-17
Member
(05-02-2016, 01:13 PM)
SG-17's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palpable

Anyone that uses explosive shot is a worthless sack of shit that needs to break their console/pc

What mode were you playing? I've found it inconsequential in 40 player modes.
Ozorov
Member
(05-02-2016, 01:57 PM)
Ozorov's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palpable

Anyone that uses explosive shot is a worthless sack of shit that needs to break their console/pc

Indeed
MMarston
Was getting caught part of your plan?
(05-02-2016, 03:21 PM)
MMarston's Avatar

Originally Posted by SG-17

What mode were you playing? I've found it inconsequential in 40 player modes.

It's pretty much worthless, unless you're facing heroes.
Toa TAK
Banned
(05-02-2016, 05:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Palpable

Anyone that uses explosive shot is a worthless sack of shit that needs to break their console/pc

Come on dude


How do you reeely feel

Thread Tools