• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

If I get a PSP game off of PSN is there any way to view the manual for it online? I know I can't view one like I can with my PSone classics.

CrunchyFrog said:
Was Gogo a man or a woman?
hermaphrodite?

Gogo Was.

anyway, remember when you'd try to get a NES game going, but something was fucked up? You'd try blowing on the cartridge, etc? Did anyone else ever get it to work by inserting it not all the way in, then pushing it down kind of overlapping the outer plastic, till it slammed home and it totally worked. wtf was that?

GrumpyAlien said:
If I get a PSP game off of PSN is there any way to view the manual for it online? I know I can't view one like I can with my PSone classics.
Most (but not all) PSN PSP games come with a software manual you can view on your PSP - but not while playing the game... if you follow the XMB through Games -> Memory Stick and up/down to the game you downloaded, then hit triangle, you'll find an option for "Software Manual" at the bottom of the list if there is one available. I've only run across one or two games that didn't include a software manual, and I can't even remember what they are off hand. :lol

Stencil

Dust + Xbox 360 = Bad. Right??

I reaaally wanna play Fallout but the room my 360 is in is under constructions. Is dust really bad? Or just kind of bad?

ptown

I have a Neo Geo Pocket Color, but don't know how to bypass that start up menu screen.

I already put in the settings like date, time, language, etc., but it goes to this menu screen and I don't know how to get it to just load the game.

I have a manual for the system, but it's in Japanese...

theinfinityissue said:
Gogo Was.

anyway, remember when you'd try to get a NES game going, but something was fucked up? You'd try blowing on the cartridge, etc? Did anyone else ever get it to work by inserting it not all the way in, then pushing it down kind of overlapping the outer plastic, till it slammed home and it totally worked. wtf was that?
I used to do this, I think even before the internet where I as only like, 5 or 6. I don't really have any technical reason for why it works, I just find it reassuring when it does.

Does the PSP in the North American Kingdom Hearts BBS PSP bundle have the same design on the back as the one in Japan did? Or is it just a plain silver PSP

bjork

I bought Test Drive Unlimited for the PC, and I'm trying to map the buttons to a 360 controller. Is there some easy way, like a patch or something, where it will just automatically set it up to the 360 control layout for me?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I thinking about upgrading to the new Xbox 360 sometime soon, but I have a question: how do you transfer your saves to the new system? Am I gonna have to use a flash drive? Will a transfer cable work for transferring data from a fat 360 to a slim?

Stencil said:
Dust + Xbox 360 = Bad. Right??

I reaaally wanna play Fallout but the room my 360 is in is under constructions. Is dust really bad? Or just kind of bad?
Dust can fuck a lot of stuff up, maybe best to hold out if it's everywhere in the room.

Few days old, am I too late? :p

Snuggler said:
I thinking about upgrading to the new Xbox 360 sometime soon, but I have a question: how do you transfer your saves to the new system? Am I gonna have to use a flash drive? Will a transfer cable work for transferring data from a fat 360 to a slim?
Flash drive will work if you format it to be 360 ready first, easy as pie. Make sure you "move" content and not just "copy" as some save files for games are copy protected, moving it seems to work.

Also: www.xbox.com/drm

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Diablohead said:
Flash drive will work if you format it to be 360 ready first, easy as pie. Make sure you "move" content and not just "copy" as some save files for games are copy protected, moving it seems to work.

Thanks.
I really want the new system but maybe it would be smarter just to buy a big ass phat hard drive for my current 360, it would be a lot cheaper.

Alright, so my DS Lite is now to the point where the L and R buttons don't work at all. Compressed air doesn't help. Blowing into the unit myself does at times, but that's only because the moisture in my breath is helping to complete the circuit (as far as I can tell), and that's bad for the system so I don't do it anymore.

My DS Lite shell is also pretty cracked and scored up through constant use. I take care of it, but it's just accumulated a lot of wear over time.

My questions:

1) Has anyone here ever ordered a replacement shell? I know these things aren't official Nintendo products, so I'm worried about quality. Is there a specific place I should go to get them?

2) Has anyone else had this issue with the shoulder buttons? Is there any possibility I will be able to get the shoulder buttons working again myself?

is there a current "recommend me some ds games" thread that i'm overlooking? my googling pulled some old threads from 2007 and i'm looking for something a little more up to date. thinking about getting a dsi and wanted to see what game/s i should be looking at.

Why did adventure games die?

mi1spiffydog.jpg

AcciDante

I just signed up for Gamefly for the jam packed holidays, and had a quick question. I just have Castlevania and Enslaved in my que at the moment in hopes that I'll get them right away, but I was wondering if I put each game on the que twice, once ps3, once 360, is there a chance I'll get the same game on 2 platforms? Do they have a check in place so they don't send out the same game twice?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Did I make a right decision for choosing inFamous (GH edition) over Dead Rising 2 and Atelier Rorona? I'm looking for a good game wherein I can platinum it without much difficulty.

inFamous was the cheapest whereas Rorona being the most expensive one.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Negator said:
Do any action RPGs similar to the Tales of or Star Ocean series of games exist?

Eternal Sonata

GrumpyAlien said:
Every PSP game I've bought off PSN comes with a digital manual. Peace Walker is the only one that hasn't. You can't view it online though. You view it directly from the PSP.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
@ Ultros

I can't speak for the other games, but I had a blast with infamous. It's a bit repetitive at times but I loved the controls and the combat.

...and yes, it is quite easy to platinum. It will require 2 playthroughs but you don't have to do anything too difficult aside from collecting all the blast shards. When you do decide to hunt for the shards, I highly recommend that you print out a map or something similar that shows them so you can check them off when you find them.

You have a sonar that detects nearby shards but theres no way to know how many you've collected in the different districts, so it can turn into a wild goose chase when you're down to just a few. I made that mistake and I gave up after hours of searching for the last 3 shards.

TEJ

This might not be completely stupid, but can I transfer the content from my 120 gig 360 hard drive to a 360 slim? And if so, how?

Sorry, I asked this somewhere else. I just picked up a new Asus laptop because I really needed to upgrade my nine-year-old desktop. I've never been a PC gamer so the laptop purchase really wasn't about gaming, but I just wanted to know if these specs were any good or am I looking at only being able to run stuff from 2005 on minimum settings. I apologize, I'm a console gamer, so I don't really know what any of this means other than it has a big hard drive.

* Asus Laptop / Intel Core i5 Processor / 14" Display / 4GB DDR3 Memory / 640GB Hard Drive/Intel Hd Graphics chip

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
TEJ said:
This might not be completely stupid, but can I transfer the content from my 120 gig 360 hard drive to a 360 slim? And if so, how?

The transfer cable isn't compatible with the slim, as far as I know, so to move saves you'll need to use an external flash drive and to move DLC and XBLA games you can do a license transfer on XBOX.com

TEJ

Snuggler said:
The transfer cable isn't compatible with the slim, as far as I know, so to move saves you'll need to use an external flash drive and to move DLC and XBLA games you can do a license transfer on XBOX.com

thank you. What kind of external flash drive would you reccomend? And how would I do the transfer?

ULTROS!

Thanks Snuggler, I guess I'll print out a map then. I almost had a wild goose chase in Assassin Creed II's feather collecting and I definitely wouldn't want to do that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
TEJ said:
thank you. What kind of external flash drive would you reccomend? And how would I do the transfer?

I'm not much of an expert on flash drives, maybe someone else can fill you in on that, but if you're just looking for one to transfer content from your 360 to your 360 slim you can probably just get a cheap one. You wouldn't need to get a very big one since save files are small.

The license transfer is pretty easy, I've done it before. This link explains it pretty well.
You just need to fill out some basic info on the website then log into XBL with your new xbox.

Why is it that the good guys always get away with murdering hundreds and thousands of henchmen? They are people too, you know? Have a wife, probably one or two kids and they're just doing their damn job and probably don't even like it.

682802964_8CjvU-L.jpg

fallagin

Why do first person shooter screenshots look really crappy when they aren't in the fps hud? The only exceptions I can think of are stuff like half life 2 and halo. For instance, does anyone remember the first screenshots for Call of duty 4 that were released? They looked pretty crappy, but the actual game looked incredible.

ULTROS!

Snuggler said:
Because the henchmen are bad and they're from other countries where they talk funny.

Or better yet, they auto-regenerate when you leave enter-exit the place, thus making their deaths meaningless.

Blu_LED said:
Every PSP game I've bought off PSN comes with a digital manual. Peace Walker is the only one that hasn't. You can't view it online though. You view it directly from the PSP.

Thanks. I think a few of mine don't have them though. I tried Metal Gear Portable OPs and FF Dissidia, and when I select view manual it tells me there is "no manual available". However, I just tried to view the manual for Phantasy Star Portable 2 and it showed up just fine. Not much of a loss though because I have already beaten Portable OPs, and Dissidia has most of the info in-game.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
brotkasten said:
Why is it that the good guys always get away with murdering hundreds and thousands of henchmen? They are people too, you know? Have a wife, probably one or two kids and they're just doing their damn job and probably don't even like it.

682802964_8CjvU-L.jpg
Did all the people on the Death Star deserve to die?

Sblargh

Banned
Why people on WRPGs ask you to do incredibly dangerous stuff? It's not like they know you can save the game and try again in case of failure.

Morphis

Why do some 360 games have a green swirl next to the logo on the cover, while others don't? What's the difference?

Morphis

HixxSAFC said:
Just a newer sleeve design.

Hmm, I probably read too much into it then :p I contemplated a new design, but I noticed some new games that don't have it. But now that I looked again nearly all games that are going to be released shortly have it, so you're probably right. Thanks :)

Rubius

I have a Ps3 and a Ps2.
I want to play Silent Hill, which I bought 2 month ago.
I cant play it on my PS3 because there a bug, where everytime you use a gun, there a screeching noise who dont stop.
If I play on my Ps2, I cant save. I do all the beginning, get to the cafe, they ask to format my Ps1 Memory card, I say "Yes", I save and reset the console.
Nothing. I cant reload the game.
Any idea why?

lyre

Ezalc said:
Is there a way to play Japanese snes games on an US snes?
Completely easy SNES modification that even a 10 year old can do.

1: Take your US SNES. (unplugged obviously)
2: Get a sharp knife and a good source of heat (like an open flame).
3: Push down the cart reader cover and find two thin plastic tabs on the inside.
4: Heat your knife and cut out the thin tabs found near the cart reader (try not to touch the reader with the knife).
5: After the tabs are removed, just line up the exposed chip of your SuperFami carts with the SNES cart reader and insert as usual.
6: Turn on, have fun and you saved yourself a few bucks my mutilating your SNES.

Image for reference.
Wz54y.jpg

Top Bottom