• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Gamestop has stocked Refurbished Gamecubes

I've been playing my Gamecube lately. Great console. Metroid Prime 2, currently.

I've been looking every day for my Melee disk and can't find it. I even found the box, but with no disk inside. What? I always put the disk back.

So I went on eBay thinking I could just buy a replacement for a reasonable price since it's an older game, but no. That game is selling like it's fresh off the shelf. Shit. I just want some Smash Bros with my girlfriend ;_;

Mine is the black cube.

Why not just buy a Wii?
uMfZ7jR.jpg

dat handle tho

shira

I wanted so badly to make my old one into a lunchbox.

There is so much crap in there and the opening isn't big enouch
221beb85db51f9be0741d3ea7c96acb4.jpg

I was so disappointed, it took forever to find the triwing screwdriver and it was just a mess.

emb

I bought a Gamecube for a dollar this weekend at a random yard sale.

I didn't really need the fourth Gamecube.
Yeah I did. Just good sense to back up your backups.

Plankfan

It's saying "One or more items have been deleted or modified based on the availability." every time I go to checkout. Welp

Off-topic, but is it still possible to buy a brand new Gamecube controller for cheap? Or should I wait until November 21 (Smash Wii U)?

Fox Mulder

I routinely run into gamecubes at goodwills with multiple controllers for $20. The controller is worth that alone now.

fernoca

Years ago, their refurbished GameCubes were literally new units directly from Nintendo. With their Xenoblade/Metroid Prime Trilogy thing...maybe is the same this time.

SegaShack

Got mine in 2003. Loved it then, but overrrated as fuck now. Gamecube now is like what Dreamcast was in the mid 2000s.

I wanted so badly to make my old one into a lunchbox.

There is so much crap in there and the opening isn't big enouch
221beb85db51f9be0741d3ea7c96acb4.jpg

I was so disappointed, it took forever to find the triwing screwdriver and it was just a mess.
Why there a condom in the cube?

CompC

Yeah but can I get a controller? I missed out on the GameCube and never got an official Nintendo GC controller for my Wii.

ban25

Damn, seems like they just sold out. I can add it to my cart, but as soon as I go to check out, the cart is empty. :(

Can gamecubes play imported games?

I think I still have a Japanese Platinum GameCube that is modified to play NTSC games as well as NTSC-J. Only the Japanese consoles could be modified in such a manner. It has a switch in the back that allows you to select U.S. or Japanese games.

It was great, got it along with a Japanese copy of Wind Waker. Beat the game in three days without knowing a sliver of Japanese. So good.

simpleton

Are the component cables still like $150? Also, is there an easy way to tell if a system has the digital out, other than looking at the back of course. Just wondering as I am hoping to score one off kijiji but I want to make sure I get one that will support the component cables.

Top Bottom