• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
For Honor is unbelievably awesome to watch even with people that are just playing the game. I cannot wait for pro streams of it.
Hope it ends up balanced enough for comp to feel worth it.

Auctopus

Tourney spoiler:
Huber wanted the dramatic jumping finish too much and ended up losing it

edit: ok, guess we're not spoiler tagging for the people yet to watch

Auctopus

For Honor would be boring they said!

Don't think anybody said that. Few people, including myself said that there'd already been a ton of For Honor streamed and would likely be streamed a lot in the future which is true.

Good tournament though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
See this is why the gifts isn't a bad thing. Holy shit that's an amazing gift. Changes the GAME.

Dude this box was worth the hype. So good.

I've always loved the gifts especially the kind stuff like the belt and the prove it tickets or the red eagle plush anything that just adds to the shows a little bit is great.

That said because L&R I don't want to dismiss people that hate it I hope the people that hate it can also consider why some love it even people that don't send anything. I mean I think the reasoning given other than it has gone too long a few times is very weird and out of line(like why would you care about how other people spend their money srsly :-x that consumerism rant made me laugh) but the "too long" I can get that.

So suggestions like making it a separate video ala the GB mail box, I'm all sure why not.
Or dunno I think the adjustment they made today just doing it at the end of the stream is ok too but I don't know as someone that isn't bothered by it.

ShadyK54

What a group stream!

High stakes/high tension tournament & the introduction of that sweet ass EZA Betting Special title belt! Don's video was great as well.

wiibomb

amazing stream, everything was amazing, from the tournament, to Don, to the belt.. amazing, but...

I gotta say, I'm very bummed...

Knowing that I can't go to US to see the allies anniversary and also knowing it won't be streamed makes me sad, I really wanted to somehow see them on the anniversary...

I thought there were going to do a huge group stream for it

C4rleTQXUAEtvKL.jpg
I can't believe some people want to do away with gift opening.

Putting the gifts at the end is a good call. Allows people that want to drop out to do so.

Great gifts and an amazing dons discount gaming. With an epic tournament. And the jolliest model building stream. Amazing day of content all around.

Karu

I gotta say, I'm very bummed...

Knowing that I can't go to US to see the allies anniversary and also knowing it won't be streamed makes me sad, I really wanted to somehow see them on the anniversary...

I thought there were going to do a huge group stream for it
I don't care for the event or that I will miss it. But doing it on another day and instead streaming for all on the anniversary itself would for sure be the more appropriate alternative imo.

I think gift opening at the end works really well presentation-wise, as a viewer.

Not sure how well it'll work schedule-wise for the The Nine, but I like it.

abrack08

Man, fantastic group stream. For Honor was an incredible tournament game, almost every match was hype whether the players knew how to play or not. The gifts were amazing too. The
belt, the emote mug, the digivice
, so good!

I do feel a little twinge of disappointment about there not being a huge anniversary stream. A 10 hour streak starting with Monopoly just like day 1 would be a cool tradition. But, I'm sure the performance(s) they have cooked up will be amazing and I can't wait until the video(s) find their way to YouTube.

Edit: Added spoiler to the gifts, just in case

Anaithsol

Neo Member
Fantastic group stream today! I had some doubts after For Honor won the poll vote and Huber utterly destroyed Damiani in the beginning, but I'm genuinely glad it managed to produce some extremely tense, yet hilarious moments afterwards all the while keeping the flow going until the very end of the tournament.

As for the opening of gifts this time around? Superb, just absolutely superb! It's downright amazing how far this community is willing to go to show their appreciation and support.

All in all, the duration and placement of each event tonight was great, and nothing felt as if it was detracting from something else. Truly a complete turn-around from last week's offset.

PepperedHam

Such a great stream. For Honor continues to be such a fun game to watch and well done to the community for those gifts.

P.S. Don's Discount Gaming is one of the greats.

plidex

The tournament was great.

Gifts are fun, having them at the end should stop people from complaining.

It would be nicer to have an anniversary stream, so everyone can celebrate together, but I understand why they want to do an event.

I think I made a huge mistake buying both Nioh and For Honor at the same time, because I want to play both so badly but don't have enough time every night : <

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Ok not sure what happens to the slusser cup now but if it gets fully retired they gotta send it off in some funny way in the next betting special video.
Also are they naming the belt or will in just be the betting belt?

Karu

Just finished Yakuza 0 after exactly 32:59 hours (18,18% completion rate lol). What an incredible game from start to finish. After Chapter 6 or so, I abondened the side stuff - also it entertained me greatly - because the story is just that great. Riveting, thrilling, emotional and their way of hyping up climax moments is incredible. The cinematics are numerous, the music is on point, the game oozes style in those regards.

+ Story is fantastic
+ the large roaster of characters is well supported within the framework of Yakuza 0, and I don't even speak of the endless quirky side-mission characters
+ As I mentioned, the presentation and music is fucking HYPE (just watch the intro-trailer at the beginning when starting the game --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-qQaEYekAE)
+ The small, but dense city areas are full of detail and stuff to do. A vast GTA-style city would have hurt this game immensely

o The combat is servicable. Nothing to write home about, but still fun, especially in boss battles where you just want to beat the shit out of certain individuals

- Fuck gun-wielding enemies, though. Get that shit outta there
- I don't know if this is necessarily a review-"negative", but man... there is some creeeepy shit in this game lol

I'm honestly baffled at how good this game is. Baaaffled. I'm so glad I tried this game after all the hype the Allies have build up for it.

I can't wait for Kiwami.

Auctopus

Totally agree with you, Karu. It was a game series that was always in my peripherals but after a year or so of Ben and Huber hyping it up, a couple people in this thread being fans and the fact it was a prequel - I dove in. Such an incredible game. Tons of character, action, humour and variety. I loved it.

MrMette

Just finished Yakuza 0 after exactly 32:59 hours (18,18% completion rate lol).

Oh wow, I am somewhat under 40 hours in (38 or something) and I am only at chapter 5 or 6 if I'm not mistaken. But I do a lot of side quest stuff during the story (I don't know how much time I have put into the buying of businesses, but it is a lot, I am at 38% completion at the moment if I remember correctly). But I agree, from what I have played so far, it is amazing. I had only played Yakuza 4 (I have put over 100 hours into that one) which was one of my most favorite games on PS3. Yakuza 5 came out too late in the PS3 lifespan for me and I already moved on to PS4, but I will probably play Kiwami as well (although I am now busy with other games, so I hope I can finish Yakuza 0 before Persona 5 comes out).

edit: I also hope Yakuza 0 will have a lot of new people try the series as it is (imo) worth it (and yes, there is a lot of weird/creepy/crazy stuff in there, but it is this stuff that gives the games it's charm/vibe/atmoshpere imo).

sora87

God damn, what a group stream, one of the best yet I'd say. The flow was perfect, having don's discount gaming as the transition between tournament and gifts is great. Having gifts at the end is the best solution too I feel.

For Honor looks brilliant but faaaaaaaar too intense for me, I'd be on tilt every second playing that.

Even if the recorded footage of the concert isn't great I really hope they put it up, I'd be gutted if I never seen it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom