• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

dude... oh my

0109_zeke_eat_hero.jpg

Monster night

Kakaroach

Holy crap I'm lucky Hunt didn't score or have a bigger role tonight. I'll take his lowest point total for the season against me! Crazy that 15 is just his lowest haha.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Crabtree and Butker owner going against the KC defense. Oh man was I happy on that last play. 20.4 points vs -5 points to start the week.

Also as someone who just traded away Tyreek Hill...ouch.

Jarnet87

Played against Carr. Would be nice if Andy could get Kareem in the end zone again, hasn't a had a TD since week 3. Total yards he's still killing it at least.

Started Cooper in my money league, picked up Ivory as a hedge against a possible Fournette injury. I'm hoping for good things this weekend.

Tom Nook

ROS TE

Henry or Brate

Henry was going to be my TE ROS but after two 0pts games, I'm done with him. Now he is putting consistent numbers last 3 games. Henry or stay with Brate.

Thanks.

ROS TE

Henry or Brate

Henry was going to be my TE ROS but after two 0pts games, I'm done with him. Now he is putting consistent numbers last 3 games. Henry or stay with Brate.

Thanks.

for what it's worth, henry according to fantasypros has I think #1 or 2 easiest rest of season schedule. that being said, i'd say the bucs offense as a whole is better than the chargers since the chargers offense = gordon basically. if he misses anytime (rip me because gordon is carrying my team) then the offense struggles (see I think week 3 or 4 where gordon barely played)

Ptaaty

for what it's worth, henry according to fantasypros has I think #1 or 2 easiest rest of season schedule. that being said, i'd say the bucs offense as a whole is better than the chargers since the chargers offense = gordon basically. if he misses anytime (rip me because gordon is carrying my team) then the offense struggles (see I think week 3 or 4 where gordon barely played)

I really like Henry - pretty strong in TD, better talent. That said, Brate can be a massive TD hog...sometimes Winston will target him 3 times in the end zone on one drive...and he has been almost insanely consistent...TD 4 games in a row, over 50 yards.

This one is a real coin flip, past performance makes you want to stick with Brate, but upcoming schedule, further transition from Gates says Henry. FantasyPros consensuses ROS has this super close as well.

Given the coinflip....maybe if you'd rather watch one of the teams play pick that one...or if the fact Henry has a bye remaining might push Brate.

Ptaaty

My biggest struggle this week is WR standard.

TY Hilton against a tough Jags...but at home where he has been WAY better.
D. Adams against weaker but improving saints...also at home...back up QB.
Shepherd against Seahawks on road. Coming off multi-week injury.

I guess it comes down to the risk of Jags or Seahawks snuffing life out of offense vs risk of new QB apocalypse. Once the Vikings make the adjustments on D for Hundley...it was game over...3 picks no offense at all.

Kakaroach

ROS TE

Henry or Brate

Thanks.
I got Henry but I would much rather have Brate. It's crazy how many targets he gets in an offense with so many weapons, but they love him. I wouldn't be shocked if Henry has a better ROS since the Chargers are playing him a ton, but Brate is a legit TE1.

toneroni

yay lost last week by .15 or so and just went against Carr / Cooper stack so i'm down like 74 to start the week...

Is Amari Cooper worth trading for? Think he's over his issues?

Would you go Dak or Brady this week?

Based on the last three weeks, Dak has scored higher, but I think everyone is expecting Pats/Falcons to be a high scoring game.

I cannot lose this game, I have talked way too much shit at work.

Also need a sleeper wide receiver, not betting my chips on Amendola this week. 8 person league. My opponent basically has all Saints players.

Right now I'm have

Dak
Peterson
L. Blount
T. Hill
Amendola
Gronk
Kelce
Vikings
J. Elliot K

On my bench
Brady
Matt Bryant K
Broncos
Kamara
Dion Lewis

Based on the last three weeks, Dak has scored higher, but I think everyone is expecting Pats/Falcons to be a high scoring game.

Also need a sleeper wide receiver, not betting my chips on Amendola this week. 8 person league. My opponent basically has all Saints players.

Right now I'm have

Dak
Peterson
L. Blount
T. Hill
Amendola
Gronk
Kelce
Vikings
J. Elliot K

On my bench
Brady
Matt Bryant K
Broncos
Kamara
Dion Lewis

Brady.

Tom Nook

Right now I'm have

Dak
Peterson
L. Blount
T. Hill
Amendola
Gronk
Kelce
Vikings
J. Elliot K

On my bench
Brady
Matt Bryant K
Broncos
Kamara
Dion Lewis

I like Brady vs ATL.

McBryBry

To my fellow commissioners, what do you do to make the league better or more fun? I just started putting together weekly power rankings which everyone likes. Yahoo has a record book that I'm considering transferring to a spreadsheet so everything is more permanent, and I also want to make a matchup records sheet.

Left Carr on the bench in my GAF league to start Matt Ryan against the Pats. If he puts up another stinker against that awful defense, I might consider dropping him and picking up someone like Goff.

Sumidor

I'll only sit on and let a trade expire if it's laughably bad

it's only happened once but they deserved it
I try to do the opposite. I reject it as fast as I can, so they know I didn’t even think about it for a second.

Speaking which, what is everyone’s feelings on publicly shaming bad trades? I don’t know what it is, but this year, I’ve seen some awful awful offers thrown around. In two of my leagues, we’ve had people post on the message boards and send out texts when they get bad trade offers. I think it’s a little too much, but I also find it funny.

To my fellow commissioners, what do you do to make the league better or more fun? I just started putting together weekly power rankings which everyone likes. Yahoo has a record book that I'm considering transferring to a spreadsheet so everything is more permanent, and I also want to make a matchup records sheet.

We have a Facebook group and I try to post Weekly Match-up "Previews" on Thursday and "Reviews" on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Keeps it kind of fun, I do my weekly predictions, which are really bad.

I also came up with my own scoring system that balances point scored vs weekly performance to kind of mitigate the "damn schedule!" plague that seems to impact someone badly every year. Just for fun, but its been interesting seeing it play out.

The Spreadsheet is an interesting idea, I just use the Yahoo stats since it's been tracking since like 2011, and I'm lazy. Would be nicer to have that info somewhere else though.

Tom Nook

Dropped Parker (officially out)for J Brown. Hopefully, I can pick him up after Week 7 games.

M. Thomas and K Allen are my current WRs in the lineup. (Hopkins on Bye)

Allen is questionable. If he is out, plugging Brown in.

Top Bottom