• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Ike is kind of weird. I'm not even sure if DC would work well with his weapon at this point. If every second hit on him was reduced by 80% he'd be a beast but the consecutive qualifier really takes away from that. It's almost like it's just a fancier killer weapon. If it really requires Ike takes two unanswered hits in a row for the weapon effect to activate then he's got the worst weapon out of the 4 by far.

I'm gonna see how this shakes out. Worst case scenario I'll feed the extra Hector that I got to my Zephiel.

Sushen

I'm really not liking IS opening a Pandora's box and disrupting the balance just for the sake of "popular" characters though, but what can I say.
I'm on the other side on this. It's been 6 months and time for some shake ups to keep things interesting. There is little that can be done that's interesting without disrupting the balance. Otherwise, you end up with similar units with just different pictures and that's boring. I want my team to grow stronger.

The game has language for second attacks already though. They have been using the keyword "follow up". For instance:

Quick Riposte - Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 70%.

So if it was any second attack then I think the skill on Urvan would have read "If unit receives any follow up attack....

I don't think counters would reset the decrease. That's a little counterintuitive.

I'm hoping it's that because he'd be pretty lame otherwise.

Also his A slot was data mined. It gives him 4 defense when attacked and special cool down reduction at level 3. If he has quickened pulse equipped, he can get doubled and then wack the enemy with Aether the next turn. You could also do a fully charged Ignis with no seal

Vena

I don't think counters would reset the decrease. That's a little counterintuitive.

Trading hits aren't consecutive, it will reset Urvan. The bigger question is actually if Urvan even triggers against normal doubles (with no counter attack), or if it has to be a "brave" consecutive.

Trading hits aren't consecutive, it will reset Urvan. The bigger question is actually if Urvan even triggers against normal doubles (with no counter attack), or if it has to be a "brave" consecutive.

Urvan should protect Ike against opponents who activate Desperation. That's useful.

If Ike initiates an attack against a faster Hero, I would also presume that the opponent's second hit will be reduced by 80%. There initially doesn't seem to be a good reason to do that, but it is a way to weaken an opponent in certain situations. That could open up a KO for a teammate.

Ike's weapon is really good, and some of you just want him to be flat out broken. You think it would really be fair for Ike to reduce damage against all follow-ups?

spiritfox

The game has language for second attacks already though. They have been using the keyword "follow up". For instance:

Quick Riposte - Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 70%.

So if it was any second attack then I think the skill on Urvan would have read "If unit receives any follow up attack....

I mean they're the same people who did the description for Beorc's Blessing, which is a clusterfuck and totally not the same as the description for Mulagir. I'm waiting for actual testing first.

Vena

Urvan should protect Ike against opponents who activate Desperation. That's useful.

If Ike initiates an attack against a faster Hero, I would also presume that the opponent's second hit will be reduced by 80%. But there really wouldn't be a good reason for him to do that.

Ike's weapon is really good, and some of you just want him to be flat out broken. You think it would really be fair for Ike to reduce damage against all follow-ups?

Doubling normally is considered a "follow-up" in all language within the game not a consecutive attack, consecutive attack has a ring of Brave specificity. Its the same as Ike's B-skill which is a translation mess.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Looks like my Dragon Emblem team will counter basically all the CYL heroes, which is neat. Lyn's bow could nullify their bonuses if they count as "magic users", but she doesn't have enough attack to really put a dent in anyone.

Vena

Looks like my Dragon Emblem team will counter basically all the CYL heroes, which is neat. Lyn's bow could nullify their bonuses if they count as "magic users", but she doesn't have enough attack to really put a dent in anyone.

They are magic users indeed. Scam is the one real winner here, she counters both Lyn (Raven TA) and Ike (has magic).

Sölf;247266856 said:
How? I mean, I haven't really tried much yet, but it seems my usual tactics won't work at all.
Frederick, Ryoma, Linde, Olivia

Linde kills the red sword in the top left corner. Frederick repositions her out of the way then tanks a hit from the blue cav mage (miraculously, with 1 HP remaining.) Meanwhile Narcian has started to fly south so I position Ryoma to deal with him. Then I just pick off the remaining units coming down the bottleneck using Olivia to make sure no one is left in enemy range after player phases.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Sölf;247266856 said:
How? I mean, I haven't really tried much yet, but it seems my usual tactics won't work at all.

Using Flier Emblem trivialized it for me. Summer Corrin had just enough attack to one-shot the infantry archer on the first turn, and then crossing Spring Camilla over the mountains caused the enemy army to split up as all the cavalry mages went chasing after her.

Sölf

Frederick, Ryoma, Linde, Olivia

Linde kills the red sword in the top left corner. Frederick repositions her out of the way then tanks a hit from the blue cav mage (miraculously, with 1 HP remaining.) Meanwhile Narcian has started to fly south so I position Ryoma to deal with him. Then I just pick off the remaining units coming down the bottleneck using Olivia to make sure no one is left in enemy range after player phases.

Using Flier Emblem trivialized it for me. Summer Corrin had just enough attack to one-shot the infantry archer on the first turn, and then crossing Spring Camilla over the mountains caused the enemy army to split up as all the cavalry mages went chasing after her.

All those units I don't have or haven't put any SI in yet. Blerghs. D:

champloo

lol it was still a challenge, easier than previous few GHBs for sure, but still. the archer cavalry with GTomebreaker is very evil.

I did it with Sanaki/Ninian/Hector/Bridal Lyn. Used the good old dance/draw back trick to initiate the battle. Sanaki was the MVP by tanking one hit and counter-killing one of the archers, then took zero damage from the green mage.

Ninferno

Infernal Narcian isn't as bad, certainly not at Infernal Valter's level of nastiness. The old "nuke red sword then dance + repo/draw back" strat pretty much still works. I used my good old conventional mix team of Rein/Olivia(at this rate I'm going to call these two the "Default GHB Duo")/Nino/TA Raven Sophia and it went pretty ok. Just nuke the red sword and dance repo out, and then just watch the enemies come for their demise one by one through the choke point. I suppose if you use the standard solution-for-all "Dancer + Rein/Xander/Cecilia" you can have an even easier time, just need to be a bit mindful of the Panic Ploys.

I beat it with Robin, Celica, B.Cordelia and Wrys (lol). Wrys was pretty useful actually. Needed him to get Robin back into Quick Riposte range a couple times. Poor guy took a serious beating. Cordelia only took out Narcian because she had Luna ready. My Celica wasn't fast enough to double him since I equipped her with Distant Counter instead of Life and Death for some reason.

I'm glad they changed the GHB maps from 'take damage from every single colour if you step on square' crap. As big of a pain Valter was I really enjoyed that map. Best thing they've come up with.

Also Panic Ploy can go to hell.

Sölf

Well, teaching Cordelia Hit and Run trivialized the whole thing, lol. Nino/Tharja/Azura were the other three. Did it on the second try after teaching her that because I missplayed on the first and died to the last green mage because Azura had no where to run.

Alkez

The stats on the brave banner look good. I think going for neutral Lyn is still what I'm going to do. With fury she'll be at 50 attack and 41 speed. I would rather not pull on grey if I don't have to. Will try to pull for Lucina. Unsure on Roy.

ggx2ac

Hahaha

Looks like I won't be getting Summer Elise.

I need more green mages to counter Reinhardts in Arena Assault and instead the game gave me two Summer Xanders in a row.

Rutger

Banned
Looks like I'll be sticking with my plan of Lyn as my free unit and then going for Roy.

Time for Elibe Emblem along with Cecilia and Ninian.

Depending on whether Beoric's Blessing nullifies blade bonuses, he may still get nuked by Cecilia and Egg Camilla though.

At the very least, we can be sure that animal buffed units aren't doing anything more than unbuffed damage to Ike.

The special reads "Effective against flying and cavalry units. Foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) are nullified during combat."

If there's no mis-translation there, that means Ike hits for 1.5x against animals. On top of that, any combat he's engaged in is always against an unbuffed opponent.

People are saying that it should read more like, "Against cavalry and flying units, bonuses are nullified during combat." This is more in line with the Japanese ability apparently.

If the English is right then it's pretty bonkers as a skill. He could actually go toe to toe with horse buffed Xander (what buffs?) and give as good as he takes as far as damage goes. I don't think it'd be that good though but if we look at Lyn's B-skill we're looking at something in the same neighbourhood as far as OP-ness.

NSESN

Depending on whether Beoric's Blessing nullifies blade bonuses, he may still get nuked by Cecilia and Egg Camilla though.
Why it wouldn't? It would make no sense at all if the skill dont nullify blade tomes.

And Ike have defensive heavy blade too, he can charge any special at no time.

Rutger

Banned
There doesn't seem to be too many people on Brave Roy. I'm on the fence atm. How are you thinking to build him?

I don't play this game seriously enough to be suggesting any builds, and honestly I don't have much in mind. I just think him and Lyn can fit nicely together on a horse team with horse buffs.

I also don't have a good sword user on a horse and I like Roy and his game, while I don't really need another Axe user so Ike is a low priority.

Firemind

Why it wouldn't? It would make no sense at all if the skill dont nullify blade tomes.
Could be some funky invisible time going on, like how additional bonuses from blades are considered typeless.

There doesn't seem to be too many people on Brave Roy. I'm on the fence atm. How are you thinking to build him?
FE6 horse emblem, baby. Roy/Cecilia/Clarine/filler let's go!

spiritfox

Wait, why is no one talking about this?

MID_TIPS_0018: Strengthen your allies through\nAlly Support! Allies who are\npartnered up will gain a stat\nboost when they fight near\neach other.\n\nYou can find Ally Support\nunder Advanced Growth in the\nAllies menu.

Supports!

I plan to make an horse emblem team based on Reinhardt and Abel, I plan to give 20 000 feathers to Xander is that a good idea or are there better alternative ? (I think I have almost every horses units so I can fill in)

NSESN

I plan to make an horse emblem team based on Reinhardt and Abel, I plan to give 20 000 feathers to Xander is that a good idea or are there better alternative ? (I think I have almost every horses units so I can fill in)
Xander is an incredible Tank. And with Horse buffs he can actually tank some green mages. He also has good synergy with Reinhardt.
Don't expect him to be an incredible offensive unit tho, he needs bonfire/ignis to do kill things.

PK Gaming

lL17pOw.png

CwsXYVK.png

Lol, so that's that I guess

Top Bottom