• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V RUMOR: Sagat and Sakura are in, Oro, Viper, Necro and Q are not

DR2K

Banned
What, you don't like "I got this hat at Baby GAP" Ed?

FANG ARMY UNITE. It will be like that movie 300 but called 2.

Everyone in season 1 and 2 should have been in the base roster. Who the fuck makes an entire season of characters completely brand new to the series? Why do you think every character post Akuma has been met with a whimper? No one wants to buy an experiment, which is what new characters are supposed to be.

DJwest

No Q ? Didn't he won the vote on Capcom unity some time back as the character people wanted the most? Good job Capcom.

Good knews that Oro, Q and Viper are out, only sad about Necro.

Sagat is a must. Looking forward to his new moveset with lots of elbow and knee strikes.

So 4 empty slots left. Good chances for Fei Long again. There needs to be a true rekka character. Preferrably THE rekka character.

I would have bought Oro for sure. Probably would have bought Viper too. Too bad for me.
Im not excited for Sakura or Sagat, but I know many will be.

Thores

I thought that initial list was a really strong season. Like, I wonder who we're even getting if it's not Oro and Viper.

There's a lot of conflicting rumors out there right now. We probably won't be able to say for sure which is true until PSX. Especially if the character reveal this weekend is like... Azam or something instead of Abigail.
Please let it be Azam instead of Abigail

MrCarter

Everyone in season 1 and 2 should have been in the base roster. Who the fuck makes an entire season of characters completely brand new to the series? Why do you think every character post Akuma has been met with a whimper? No one wants to buy an experiment, which is what new characters are supposed to be.

Exactly. They released a season of mostly new characters as they wanted to experiment on more play styles and I think it's worked out so far with how unique Kolin and Ed are. Besides it's not like they were *completely* brand new, we all knew of Ed from SF4, Kolin from SF3 and we will have newcomers from the Final Fight series soon. The only brand new character will probably be Menat.

fresquito

Exactly. They released a season of mostly new characters as they wanted to experiment on more play styles and I think it's worked out so far with how unique Kolin and Ed are. Besides it's not like they were *completely* brand new, we all knew of Ed from SF4, Kolin from SF3 and we will have newcomers from the Final Fight series soon. The only brand new character will probably be Menat.
Which looks like it's possibly a Rose rebrand.

I don't get the hate for newcomers. It's a chance to fall in love with a new character.

sinkfla87

SFV CAPCOM: "Hey guys, we know you really want some of those characters that listed highly on polls and are glaring omissions from the base roster. Here's Akuma to make Tokido happy and a bunch of noobs! Season pass available now!!"

MVCI CAPCOM: "Eh fuck it, xmen and a lot of highly requested classic characters from before 3 are gone but hey we carried a lot from mvc3 over! Sigma Preorder DLC courtesy of Ed Boon."

Popular characters that have been in almost every SF related fighter are in, interesting little recurring characters are not.
Okay, yeah, I buy this rumor. Thanks Capcom, why not include Frank West as a special guest character too while you're at it?

Oh for fucks sake. Season 2 are (5/6) entirely new: "Why are Capcom just making new randoms, I don't care about these, give me Sakura and Sagat". Season 3 has Sakura and Sagat: "Why are Capcom just making these old characters, give me something new".

histopher

The proposed leak was a decent lineup. Personally wasnt itching to see Necro but the rest of the picks were solid.
Shame if this is true but on the positive side there are heaps of other greats that could be joining Sagat and Sakura.

Haggar - why didnt Gief get his spinning piledriver critical art? Is this because Haggar will finally be playable with his pile driver as his CA?

Lee - that new pic of Lee where he is a drunken master would be awesome. A style that hasn't been represented before and a return of a SF1 vet.

Rose - story wise she should be relevant and they kinda owe it to us to give a faithful recreation of her. Her SFIV model was horrible.

Sodom - dude needs to join the 3D era. New design is cool and plenty of potential with his weeaboo nature.

Eagle - dont even need to explain this one.

Rose - story wise she should be relevant and they kinda owe it to us to give a faithful recreation of her. Her SFIV model was horrible.
One of the new characters, Menat, is supposed to be Rose's student. So Rose might show up in the story mode at the very least.

Scotia

Banned
I'm sorry but

EventHubs and reliable in the same sentence makes me disbelieve some of this moreso than the last SF5 rumor I made a thread on.

The guy that's been saying all this leaked every Season 2 character back in October of last year, two months before Season 2 was announced and we all found out it was going to be Akuma and five new characters, and he hasn't been wrong yet. By the looks of it he won't be wrong anytime soon. He's the only one who's gotten anything right when it comes to Season 2 and his track record is currently flawless. At the moment, I'm inclined to believe him.

Moaradin

Excited to get my SF4 main back, though apparently she won't be anything like that version. Hope that applies to her design as well lol

Cool so all of the interesting and unique characters are actually not coming in Season 3 after all?

Brilliant.

Was really really excited for Q and Oro.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
adult gym teacher sakura with a reworked moveset makes perfect sense...and of course i've been waiting years for this

street_fighter___sakura_kasugano_color_request_by_ninjayane24-d8nyqso.jpg

ShinAmano

Ibuki's kind of nothing like previous ibuki.

To the degree, people are upset about that, like myself.

Also I kind of want sagat to be simular.

Sakura can change though
I'm not a fan of any of the drastically changed classic characters...just create new ones and leave the classics with minor tweaks and new moves...oh well sf5 lost me anyhow.

Sillverrr

As someone who picked up SFII way back on the SNES, Sagat should have been in this from the start. Capcom made the "bosses" playable as soon as Turbo - a hugely popular decision at the time (remember those glitchy Action Replay codes for the original?). Sagat should be baseline at this stage.

SgtCobra

Oh for fucks sake. Season 2 are (5/6) entirely new: "Why are Capcom just making new randoms, I don't care about these, give me Sakura and Sagat". Season 3 has Sakura and Sagat: "Why are Capcom just making these old characters, give me something new".
Hmm, nah I just want Q, Oro, Necro etc instead of Sakura and Sagat. It doesn't really have to do with "new" characters. Nothing puzzling or something to get upset about really.

Seyavesh

it's weird how long the sagat/sakura thing has been kicking around in terms of rumors. i've been hearin' of em since last year, before any s2 guys. i guess that's potentially just fan clamoring though? who knows

anyways, the funniest version of the rumors that i've heard is that sagat doesn't have tiger shots unless in v-trigger so if that's true i'm gonna die of laughter. also that his DPs aren't invin at all unless v-triggered which sounds real as hell pre-s2.5 rollback

Karsha

Sodom might still be in, he wasn't in the initial list and the new leaks say that only Sakura and Sagat are in from that list, the other 4 are still unknown.

Storywise Necro make sense since he was created pre sf3, Oro meets Ryu after the events of first strike so his absence is justified, Remy's story starts and ends with third strike so he is a wild card might return but also we may never see him again, Twelve was created later after Necro so he is a miss too and Q...we don't know much about him lol.

My guess is 4 returning and 2 new for S3

Top Bottom