• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Every time I start to feel like I'm getting somewhere with the roster they dump another load of characters on us!

I've barely made a dent in the Sinister 6.

The Kree

Banned
Thats the point of the game. You're never gonna be caught up. You won't want all of the Sinister Six anyway. Sandman, Vulture, and Kraven are the really good ones.

Yeah true, but as a completionist I want all the characters as maxed out as possible.
I mean they'll stop making characters eventually right?!

The only three characters I don't currently own are Jean, Agent Venom and Kid Kaiju.
When they add another paywall character I'll probably get a daily bio selector.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So for a laugh I decided to try Floor 1 of Shadowlands with my 5 star (4 red) Wolverine and not only did he clear it, he did so easily.

Damn.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I started leveling Storm's gears 1-2 weeks after Rogue and Storm just got to her first +20 gear before Rogue, got lucky and did it in one upgrade.

edit: Anyone think these cards are worth spending the crystals to replace current ones? My in-game name is Saulbear if looking at my current ones helps.

Pk4rYzI.png

gAEPZWt.png

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Why would you spend crystals on replacing cards?

That Punisher one is definitely worth equipping.

I just checked and I don't know why I thought it cost crystals to replace them, huh. Maybe I was unequiping them first.

edit: Yep, I'm a dummy lol.

I ended up equipping both, I lost 3.4% cooldown reduction, but gained 8.5% ignore defense. I have a level 7, or whatever it is, Groot card but the stat rolls suck.

Sagatron

Neo Member
Dangit, what happens if I'm capped on both?

Save them in your inbox. But I did remember 3.2 patch notes saying the following:

3. When claiming items such as Phoenix Feathers and M'Kraan Crystals which have inventory limits from your mailbox, you will be able to claim over the maximum amount if your current total is below the maximum quantity.
Eg. If you have 1900 M'Kraan Crystals, and purchase 1,000 more, you will be able to claim all 1,000 Crystals putting you over the 2,000 Crystal Limit.
If you have 2900 M'Kraan Crystals, you will not be able to claim anymore from your mailbox.
※Note: If you collect the items individually from your inbox, you will be able to go slightly over the limit. However if you press the claim all button, you will not be able to exceed the limit

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Save them in your inbox. But I did remember 3.2 patch notes saying the following:
So I could I sell one of each and claim them, then? I guess that would work.

I assume there will be some time (like 7 days) to redeem it, and it's a week from now, so you'll have two weeks to make some room (naturally T2ing a character or upgrading Jean).

Hmmm. If it would be the case of having 2 weeks to T2 one of them, then I'd be screwed for sure. It's going to take around 15 days to get the 150 bios to use the mats once I get Rogue or Storm's gears to 20. They both are 20,19,19,19 right now.

So I could I sell one of each and claim them, then? I guess that would work.

Hmmm. If it would be the case of having 2 weeks to T2 one of them, then I'd be screwed for sure. It's going to take around 15 days to get the 150 bios to use the mats once I get Rogue or Storm's gears to 20. They both are 20,19,19,19 right now.
I'd suggest you combine both approaches: see if over the next 13-14 days you manage to score lucky upgrades and reach 20/20/20/20 with either character. If on the last day you're not there yet, sell 1 Crystal or 1 Feather and claim your rewards.

My Rogue is at 20/20/20/19, I hate these last levels and my shit luck.

edit: NM, scratch that. I just understood you'll need 150 on top of finishing these gears upgrades.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'd suggest you combine both approaches: see if over the next 13-14 days you manage to score lucky upgrades and reach 20/20/20/20 with either character. If on the last day you're not there yet, sell 1 Crystal or 1 Feather and claim your rewards.

My Rogue is at 20/20/20/19, I hate these last levels and my shit luck.

edit: NM, scratch that. I just understood you'll need 150 on top of finishing these gears upgrades.

Yeah, I feel you on the shit luck lol. I'm not even getting 3.4x upgrades most of the time right now. Just terrible.

The Kree

Banned
Timeline is never going to not be unplayable garbage. LOL

Wolverine has just been standing there for 5 straight minutes webbed up and not dying.

The Kree

Banned
The restrictions make no difference week to week. There's like a dozen characters who should just never ever be allowed to appear in timeline because they break the pvp experience.

Like what the fuck possible difference does restricting Jessica Jones make on any given week?

The restrictions make no difference week to week. There's like a dozen characters who should just never ever be allowed to appear in timeline because they break the pvp experience.

Like what the fuck possible difference does restricting Jessica Jones make on any given week?
I'm just saying with Cyclops, Jean, Odin, Thanos, Sharon, Strange, Enchantress and Carnage banned, it's not very surprising to see so many Wolverine/Spiderman fights that will last 5 minutes on auto. They could go all the way and ban both of them too as well as Dorm I guess.

Haha yeah feeling the pain with Wolvey/Wolvey and Spidey/Wolvey battles. 5 minute timer expires constantly. I'd pick and choose but I just don't care enough to sit there and watch it the whole time.

They really should ban native T2s from competitive TL and make a separate bracket you can use them in for fun (or minimal rewards).

They'll never do that because then people would purposely hold characters back for use in TL, and they want you to max everyone out by spending on stuff.

Remember Battleworld used to have stuff like max 3 stars battles? That was fun, I miss those.

They'll never do that because then people would purposely hold characters back for use in TL, and they want you to max everyone out by spending on stuff.

Remember Battleworld used to have stuff like max 3 stars battles? That was fun, I miss those.

Hold back what characters? Natives have plenty of reasons to be maxed already, and they can (and should) come up with new modes for their use. Also they could give the native-only bracket cosmetic rewards or other cool account trophies.

Oh yeah sorry you said native. I thought you meant all T2s at first.

I only ever do timeline on auto now. Don't have time to play every single mode properly.

If on the last day you're not there yet, sell 1 Crystal or 1 Feather and claim your rewards.

Will this definitely work? I've just realised I'm sitting on 2000 feathers (god knows how long for) and my Rogue/Storm are just hitting 19 on their gears roughly.

(Edit: Sorry didn't mean to double post)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Will this definitely work? I've just realised I'm sitting on 2000 feathers (god knows how long for) and my Rogue/Storm are just hitting 19 on their gears roughly.

(Edit: Sorry didn't mean to double post)

If the notes posted by Sagatron earlier are accurate, it would seem so.
3. When claiming items such as Phoenix Feathers and M’Kraan Crystals which have inventory limits from your mailbox, you will be able to claim over the maximum amount if your current total is below the maximum quantity.
Eg. If you have 1900 M’Kraan Crystals, and purchase 1,000 more, you will be able to claim all 1,000 Crystals putting you over the 2,000 Crystal Limit.
If you have 2900 M’Kraan Crystals, you will not be able to claim anymore from your mailbox.
※Note: If you collect the items individually from your inbox, you will be able to go slightly over the limit. However if you press the claim all button, you will not be able to exceed the limit

Sinatar

Decisions decisions...

fPhGek5.png

BE47ZcH.png

It's gotta be between Kid Kaiju and Agent Venom, I just don't know who gets more out of Tier 2. I suspect Kid Kaiju.

Scirrocco

Decisions decisions...

fPhGek5.png

BE47ZcH.png

It's gotta be between Kid Kaiju and Agent Venom, I just don't know who gets more out of Tier 2. I suspect Kid Kaiju.

How do you get all those characters to gear level 20? The people whom can get biometirics in story or special, i can almost understand, but characters like agent venom? Its taking me forever to get sharon and i'm using the 20 a day deal. I don't know how people can so many characters to that point. I feel like i'm doing something wrong.

How do you get all those characters to gear level 20? The people whom can get biometirics in story or special, i can almost understand, but characters like agent venom? Its taking me forever to get sharon and i'm using the 20 a day deal. I don't know how people can so many characters to that point. I feel like i'm doing something wrong.

There's no secret to bio-sub characters like Agent Venom; you just have to get there at 20 bios a day. For everyone else though, Shadowlands selectors play a big role.

Sinatar

Use mega rank up tickets to get them to 6 stars, then it's just 20 a day to get the 300 - 400 needed to reach +20.

And yea like Frostinferno said, Shadowlands bioselectors are a big deal, that's 225 bios a week.

I guess KK will be my next T2 once I'm done with X-people. Spider-Man gets me to 60-70k in ABX. He has amazing survivability but he lacks damage output here.

And yeah, SL and Alliance store is like ~350 bios a week (depending on how often you can buy bios from the Alliance Store).
There's also the 25 daily Alliance Battle bios, and whatever you get in villain siege. All that is "free" stuff.

Between this and everything you can farm (including WBI), the really hard parts for which you should save MRUs are paywall characters, A Force characters, and Clea (Hellstorm and Satana to a lesser extent). Hell, in retrospect, I'd argue you should never use bios to rank up these characters, only MRUs.

And you only have to get to floor 15 to get all the bios. =)

Ugh, I still can't face it. Especially now that I have trouble with the first f*cking floor since the update, damn Spidey.

I didn't realise Wolvie needed his gears upgrading and it took Phoenix feathers. Back down to 850 now.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I wish there was a log for what you spent crystals on, I think I accidentally spent some while falling asleep, lol.

Top Bottom