• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I crystaled him to lv 40 as soon as I raised him manually to lv20. Got to put those 6-digit crystals into some use, right?

my yellow crystal count needs to be written in scientific notation at this point.

but yeah I'll do the same. Nero Fest in FGO is starting so I won't have that much time for FEH this week.

Still holding off on spending feathers, at 27k + I'm going to swooce right into T20 tonight and I have all of normal/hard chain challenge to do. Plan is to save them until the cavalry banner expires. I want to go hard on getting a Titania, this spare Hector has been burning a hole in my pocket for months and I can't think of a single character I'd rather have Distant Counter on plus she's available as a 4*. Titania + either Olwen or promoting this half-decent Reinhardt would give me a second functional cavalry team which should make most future chain challenges/tempest trials a walk in the park.

Mupod, pls. Hand in your Orbs.

what, both of them?

I finally drew my second 3* Odin in the entire time I've played this game.

Now I'm stuck with the thought of eventually promoting him to 5* so I can give his blade tome to my 5* Mae.

But the idea of blowing 22k feathers just to SI them into another units 3 second later is a tough pill to shallow.

Mupod

I finally drew my second 3* Odin in the entire time I've played this game.

Now I'm stuck with the thought of eventually promoting him to 5* so I can give his blade tome to my 5* Mae.

But the idea of blowing 22k feathers just to SI them into another units 3 second later is a tough pill to shallow.

I've done it 3 times. No regrets, Linde carried me for months and blade tome Cecilia+Ursula are monstrous. It's nice being able to simply overpower the absurdly stat-inflated nonsense they throw at us in tempest trial/chain challenge/infernal GHB.

As for whether I do it for Leo, that's another question. His stat spread is impressively shit, basically if you took Ursula's speed and dumped it into defense. Since mine is +def I've been thinking of giving him a -raven tome and triangle adept instead, so he could be red Robin on a horse. But I've tried Cecilia out with that setup and I always end up going back to the blade tome. Cancel Affinity is a thing now too and I'm sure Bridelias and Kageros are already showing up with it.

explodet

To think, with all those useful inheritable skills, Klein could have been banished to the same tier as Odin, but his stats are actually worth a damn.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Christ, Minerva is good. I've been leveling her up on the side and she's just cutting through everything like it's nothing. Her high speed makes her hard to double, too. Kinda like a green, flying, noticeably more durable Hana.

It's a good thing she's so rare.

Draxal

Christ, Minerva is good. I've been leveling her up on the side and she's just cutting through everything like it's nothing. Her high speed makes her hard to double, too. Kinda like a green, flying, noticeably more durable Hana.

once firewseep axe comes into the game .... she's going to be top tier if she isn't already.

Akuun

once firewseep axe comes into the game .... she's going to be top tier if she isn't already.
Hm, I hadn't thought of that. That would let her double with impunity and indeed make her super broken. I don't really want to give up Hauteclere though, since it's a really good weapon.

In the meantime, I could give her Watersweep but that would remove her ORKO potential, since she hits hard but not hard enough to oneshot. Most of her kills come from doubles.

I have Drag Back as her B slot right now to help her do hit-and-runs, though I imagine Desperation/Vantage could be good for her too.

Yeah, Brave Blow and death blow/LAD Bridelia has pretty much made any other archer irrelevant imo, she's too strong.

Still working on life and death 3. Already got a Hana ready to be sacrificed. Running desperation/ardant sacrifice in the meantime. The brave blow death blow combo is already absurd. Coupled with my cordelia being a +atk/-hp she's legitimately scary.

Good new banner. Klein is a great archer as is. I promoted a 4* for my only top archer and glad I did. One of those prime characters for skill inheritance yet strong enough himself that he shouldn't suffer that indignity unless truly necessary.

Scum

I've had a +SPD -ATK one for ages. 😒

Mupod

only chain challenge orbs left are 7+8, 9+10 and 11+12 10-map runs. I should be able to do 7+8 without much issue, 11+12 should be doable despite the annoying turn limits. But even the 5-map version of chapter 10 was a close call on my first try. I'll leave the 9+10 10-map for later I guess.

It was nice having a lot of content to clear and motivation to do so, even if it was all recycled. I still have normal and hard feathers to get as well. But for now I think I need to focus on the time-limited shards and orbs. Just have infantry, armor and flier orbs left. I can't believe after all this time I have not pulled a single 5 star flier, I still have to resort to fighting 10th stratums with multiple red swords and relying on Subaki.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
4804 in T19 has fallen to around rank 5000 out of ~6200-ish. Starting to sweat here but it should hold.

Man the required scores have fallen so much! I can almost get that score with my horse emblem. Almost. Maybe if I burn some shields. I had to sub out a horse for Hector just to get the points.

Akuun

I'm running a 4* Cecilia as my bonus unit this season and she just doesn't cut it, even when merged to +6. Horse + caster just hurts my BST too much.

My score this week doesn't even break 4800.

Mupod

I'm running a 4* Cecilia as my bonus unit this season and she just doesn't cut it, even when merged to +6. Horse + caster just hurts my BST too much.

I've had some oddities like running into 692 with my full cavalry team (two of which are mages). But I raise my score by doing a few matches with my hector+ryoma+sharena+linde team.

Scum

23895409446_51b264e561_o.png

explodet

Meanwhile I'm considering creating a whole new arena team only because my current one has maxed out its HM and I want more feathers.

Reinhardt killer, check. Hector killer, check. Red sword killer, check.
That covers about 90% of my arena battles.

Made it to tier 19 with 4753 points. This is the second time I've entered the tier, now.

I couldn't get a perfect streak once this season, but I'm happy with where I'm at. I can reach 4830, so tier 20 isn't even completely out of the question. I don't care either way.

It's the new content that will keep me going. I want some better luck with Banners, because I'm using up too many Orbs.

Mupod

4804 got me into T20 with some wiggle room. I think I was rank 5000 of 6200 or so. Wonder what the lowest required score was, guessing around 4790.

4804 got me into T20 with some wiggle room. I think I was rank 5000 of 6200 or so. Wonder what the lowest required score was, guessing around 4790.

Nah, I had like 4794 from an earlier low-BST run, and I fell out at like -7 hours, so I had to burn some crests to do another flawless run with higher BST units.

I think I was like 3000th or so with a score of 4834.

MicH

Woo! Managed to beat both lunatic and infernal Lloyd battles! First time beating a map on infernal difficulty. Awesome!

Akuun

What is your score and rank?
Ended up at something like 4770 and got dropped to T18. Was ranked in the mid 6000s last time I checked.

Team was Olivia-Julia-Nowi-4*Cecilia, so double mages didn't help for BST either. I tried swapping out Julia for Ryoma later for higher BST, but didn't want to blow the crests to try to get another deathless run before the timer ran out. It would've been rough anyway, since my Cecilia doesn't have the punch or magic durability that Julia does.

I've decided to build Fae as a green DC tank so that my teams aren't so reliant on Julia and Nowi. That should help me get into T20 in two weeks.

I've had some oddities like running into 692 with my full cavalry team (two of which are mages). But I raise my score by doing a few matches with my hector+ryoma+sharena+linde team.
Not promoting any of my starters is biting back at me. :(

spiritfox

Infernal Lloyd was still super easy (without Lloyd).
Is there a non-Grand Hero Battle map for level 40 Lloyd?

No.

Hmm, +Res Nino barely survives Reinhardt with Res buffs. This throws a wrench in my plan to merge my +Res Nino to my +Spd -Res Nino. The additional speed doesn't really win any important matchups compared to neutral. Ugh.

Akuun

It sucks how Reinhardt is so common that you absolutely need to have a prepared counter for him or else you're effectively playing Russian Roulette every time you step into arena. It also sucks that finding a hard Rein counter is way harder than finding a hard Hector counter.

Mupod

The number of actual Reinhardt counters is really, really small now that Quickened Pulse is in the equation. For example I ran into one that brought a fully buffed Cecilia to 2HP yesterday. I think I need to give her Fury, or maybe even merge her into one that isn't -Res. I like her with +atk though as it frequently gives me just enough damage to one shot super stat buffed PVE bullshit. And mine has over 7000 SP, lol.

Quickened Pulse + Sacred Cowl Hector also does the job well, but losing Bonfire hurts.

If I ever find a goddamn Titania then I'd seriously consider Distant Counter on her. Just having an ultimate 'fuck off' answer to every single blue mage would be nice.

Akuun

The number of actual Reinhardt counters is really, really small now that Quickened Pulse is in the equation. For example I ran into one that brought a fully buffed Cecilia to 2HP yesterday. I think I need to give her Fury, or maybe even merge her into one that isn't -Res. I like her with +atk though as it frequently gives me just enough damage to one shot super stat buffed PVE bullshit. And mine has over 7000 SP, lol.

Quickened Pulse + Sacred Cowl Hector also does the job well, but losing Bonfire hurts.

If I ever find a goddamn Titania then I'd seriously consider Distant Counter on her. Just having an ultimate 'fuck off' answer to every single blue mage would be nice.
Quickened Pulse Rein is a special kind of bullshit. I think it's even cut through Julia before, though I'm not entirely sure how. Probably got enough horse buffs.

Nice just pulled a +ATK/-RES Klein and a +ATK/-HP Nowi

Whats the best way to build them?
I run Fury + Quick Riposte on my Nowi as a general distant counter tank, but it depends on what you want to do with her. Nowi's one of those characters you can build in a few different ways.

You could put in triangle adept if you want her to be stronger against reds and Falchions, or Swordbreaker for a similar effect. Using both is overkill, though. A common build is Triangle Adept + Quick Riposte.

now i have four lloyds. great.

That's one way to gather the Four Fangs.

I feel cheap/lazy for borrowing Omni H's Bride Cordelia and 3 Dancers strategy. Previously I've always trial and error'd my GHBs, but I just felt a bit tired this time.

I guess I could redo it later with my own team.

Re: Reinhardt, I have built up Soren, Titania (but +atk/-spd), and Robin F ready to promote against blu/Rein but haven't yet. Would go with Titania because Titania, but good iv Soren probably the best bet. High-res blus and Summer Tiki have been working but a one-shot response would be nice. And after a good run of luck before, Sonya is just not joining the party.

Edit: d'oh, maybe use that benched 5* Camilla...

spiritfox

I have Fae and Titania for Reinhardt, but they're in other teams. Nino's the only one in this team that can take Rein, and I'm not sure it it's worth taking it away for more speed.

Scum

I need this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom