• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Celegus

For those that are using the shiny new DKC, are there any decent chainers (aka not Edgar) that go long enough for him to get both hits of Soul Eater in? Or do you just try to get the second hit in the chain? Amelia is the only one I can think of that might, but my wife doesn't have her. She finally got enough power crysts to upgrade him but wasn't sure who he plays nice with. She does have a couple Setzers (but only one leveled) if Prismatic Flash is long enough. Most likely will just stick with the Yun + Setzer chain and try to get the second hit in there but I wasn't sure how people are using him. She also has Dark Fina for Dystopia, bummer that also takes Power crysts to upgrade.

Syntsui

For those that are using the shiny new DKC, are there any decent chainers (aka not Edgar) that go long enough for him to get both hits of Soul Eater in? Or do you just try to get the second hit in the chain? Amelia is the only one I can think of that might, but my wife doesn't have her. She finally got enough power crysts to upgrade him but wasn't sure who he plays nice with. She does have a couple Setzers (but only one leveled) if Prismatic Flash is long enough. Most likely will just stick with the Yun + Setzer chain and try to get the second hit in there but I wasn't sure how people are using him. She also has Dark Fina for Dystopia, bummer that also takes Power crysts to upgrade.
Two Ultima +2 and its pretty tight. When Victoria and William come they will be good options too.

tuffymon

Figured my daily pull of a Sabin meant something good was to happen right? All 5 arena matches I went first >.>; Well, that's something I guess...

Nikokuno

Daily rainbow Luneth, I can believe how lucky I am recently.

Tidus tickets chasing Rikku
Ramza 10+1 ticket
Majin Fina 5* banner
Zargabaath tickets chasing Ashe
Tidus daily
Luneth daily

It's something, really...

tuffymon

Outside of the various masteries we do have, which are we missing that do exist? I'm guessing not many, since most of em are types that are seldom used... but you never know.

Ken

Outside of the various masteries we do have, which are we missing that do exist? I'm guessing not many, since most of em are types that are seldom used... but you never know.

wind veritas TMR

+50% ATK with Lance
Increase Jump Damage 25%

Syntsui

Fucking Bravely Default trial boss casting stop every turn. This will be a pain in the ass.

Thankfully I have Mistair and I'll level her up just for this.

Kouriozan

Daily free pulls have been really awful for me, nothing worthy in 24 days and today I got Duane wtf how does this unit still exist.
I even got a Shadow from it.

linkent

Saw the reddit thread on how to see whether crystal will shatter into gold/character.
Got blue crystal.
8-10 lines when shattering...
Yup it change to yellow.

Then yellow is also shattering with 8-10 lines, thought it gonna be rainbow, but turn out to be Hope......

Guess the many lines part is only applied to blue->yellow.

Alkez

Daily free pulls have been really awful for me, nothing worthy in 24 days and today I got Duane wtf how does this unit still exist.
I even got a Shadow from it.

Same. I got a few Ruggles and Elles I wanted but that's about it. Had 1 yellow which was Xon, who I already have .

Edit: thought I had Helena but apparently I don't. Decided to spend some tickets.

Blues to yellow - easy...3rd Ashe...ofc lol
Yellow! - Bran...ofc lol.

I'll wait for my off banner Helena then.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I had to use support crysts for the mana regen. Rip my precious support crysts.

Team was WoL rikku refia cecil and ling with kurios emperor.

Took me two and a half hours tho hahaha
Man thats really good - grats. 2 1/2 hours is actually pretty fast compared to other numbers ive seen in this thread.

I wont attempt to clear it but its weird seeing you clear the Trial with units i also own. How much luck was involved in the clear ? Any Premium MvP Premium TMs you had to use ?

Very nice, job.
I'll wait for my off banner Helena then.

Why ? I pulled her a while ago but i cant think of a single reason why i would wanna use her.

Alkez

Why ? I pulled her a while ago but i cant think of a single reason why i would wanna use her.

Just for her TM. I believe it's very good for Rikku as she doesn't have innate MP regen and the extra lb gain is appreciated. I would rather use that over prodigy goggles.

cw_sasuke

Just for her TM. I believe it's very good for Rikku as she doesn't have innate MP regen and the extra lb gain is appreciated. I would rather use that over prodigy goggles.

You are right that TM is indeed nice....i always forget to check the TM description when a unit looks lackluster heh.

As a unit Helena seems lackluster but Ilias looks really good. Dont know when or if i would use him he has a couple of useful skill....def. think ill level him down the line.
Guys......

What IF they give us......Olive enhancements?

Wait...where is this coming from ? Olive isnt even that old so i wouldnt expect Enhancments for her this early. Wouldnt mind them though ..lol.

Kouriozan

Next 5* enhancement is probably Gilgamesh and Yun or White Knight Noel depending on how much they want to buff them.
Feel like Ling should be coming soon but it might make her super broken again, maybe when 9S is released with his 50% breaks.

Alkez

In regards to GL exclusives they'll probably enhance them in order when/if their banners return.

So what banner are we expecting this week?

cw_sasuke

Next 5* enhancement is probably Gilgamesh and Yun or White Knight Noel depending on how much they want to buff them.
Feel like Ling should be coming soon but it might make her super broken again, maybe when 9S is released with his 50% breaks.

I would love to see Yun buffed....i had big plans for him but i kinda stopped playing shortly after his event. The Chinese NY event was so nice so that whatever followed after that kinda made me hate the game lol.

Make Yun great again.

AkumaNiko

Ok, so i am sitting on a Aileen and Lunera. Neither one has been leveled yet. Not too sure what do do with them.

Here is my squad right now

Tidus - 908atk
Chiz - 617atk
Y'shtola - 465spr
WoL - 459def
Emp - 765mag

I have enough moogles for 1 TMR.

Units i have with notable TMR -

Lunera
Aileen
Emp (have one TMR, got a dupe emp)
Mercedes (Best axe)
Maxwell
Elza
Queen
Dupe Ramza (have one BS already)
Vanille (crest is very tempting)
Ashe
Shantotto (21% in on 30% mag)
Dupe Zidane
2 Cecil (already have 1 excalb)
Refia (15% in)
Sozhe
Grace
Kelsus
White Knight Noel (Super tempting for emp)

so uhhh....what do

RedZaraki

Banned
Ok, so i am sitting on a Aileen and Lunera. Neither one has been leveled yet. Not too sure what do do with them.

Here is my squad right now

Tidus - 908atk
Chiz - 617atk
Y'shtola - 465spr
WoL - 459def
Emp - 765mag

I have enough moogles for 1 TMR.

Units i have with notable TMR -

Lunera
Aileen
Emp (have one TMR, got a dupe emp)
Mercedes (Best axe)
Maxwell
Elza
Queen
Dupe Ramza (have one BS already)
Vanille (crest is very tempting)
Ashe
Shantotto (21% in on 30% mag)
Dupe Zidane
2 Cecil (already have 1 excalb)
Refia (15% in)
Sozhe
Grace
Kelsus
White Knight Noel (Super tempting for emp)

so uhhh....what do

The best team you could make:

WKN or WoL as Tank
Refia with DC or Y'shtola as Healer
Lunera as Support
Tidus or Aileen as DPS
Tidus/Elza/Aileen as more DPS/Breaker

Best TMRs to focus first would be:
Zidane if you need more DW
Aileen
Tidus
Ramza
Elza
Queen

Ton of good options.

Pejo

Medius from daily, finished off my Ring of Lucii finally last night TM grinding. Full evasion build finally done for quite a few units. Now c'mon Gumi, gimme something to use it on.

I'm so glad we have this week to TM grind again. They've been keeping me too busy with these story and mog king events.

I have about 4 more TMs to finish before my first attempt at Aigaion, but after Octopus trial I know I have a team that can completely self-sustain, and I won't even be relegated to 5 units for robot, so I'm expecting a long (but smooth) experience as long as I don't do anything stupid.

AkumaNiko

The best team you could make:

WKN or WoL as Tank
Refia with DC or Y'shtola as Healer
Lunera as Support
Tidus or Aileen as DPS
Tidus/Elza/Aileen as more DPS/Breaker

Best TMRs to focus first would be:
Zidane if you need more DW
Aileen
Tidus
Ramza
Elza
Queen

Ton of good options.

So i should pass on Lunera's TMR? Should i dump emp for Alieen and put all his mag stuff on Lunera?

across

In regards to GL exclusives they'll probably enhance them in order when/if their banners return.

So what banner are we expecting this week?

Nier banner + Nier raid. You can book it. If it's FFXI I'll eat Maat's Cap.

What you can't book is how the banner will look. 2B + 9S + 21O should all be a lock. A2 and Eve, as GL exclusives, will be in the mix somewhere. Could be in the raid gacha. Could be on the banner.

A2 should be 5*, Eve will likely be 4*, like Adam, who is on the raid gacha. Putting all five on the banner would work as a balancing factor in how versatile/desired 9S (and his TM, but don't sleep on the unit) is, as well as stymying the 2B waifu hunters into spending more lapis than planned. Makes a great deal of financial sense for Gumi.

Putting them on the raid gacha would be cool for newer players but will mean that A2 and Eve are of a necessity less powerful than actual banner units.

Other possibility is A2 on the banner and Eve in the raid gacha. I'm thinking the first option, a five-unit banner similar to Brave Frontier #2, is the likely scenario.

I'm praying it's the FF raid. My tickets, lapis, nor pockets are ready to pull for 2B and 9S. I'm going to be in Jamaica for my brothers wedding this week and will barely have time to play. On the 28th when we get that 10+1 ticket I will be there and I pray to god I can connect so i can get that damned ticket!

RedZaraki

Banned
So i should pass on Lunera's TMR? Should i dump emp for Alieen and put all his mag stuff on Lunera?

Lunera's TMR is ok, but not high priority. I don't think Lunera's MAG is ultra important. Probably her HP, Def, Spirit are priority. HP/SPR most of all. I don't consider Lunera a damage dealer.

Emp is good in long fights or when you need magic. Aileen is strong now and will be crazy strong in the future, so never bad to work on her. Tidus also great too.

Alkez

Nier banner + Nier raid. You can book it. If it's FFXI I'll eat Maat's Cap.
I'm praying it's the FF raid. My tickets, lapis, nor pockets are ready to pull for 2B and 9S.

I was about to say the same thing lol. I am not ready for Nier. I mean I'll never really be ready but luck in this game (and somewhat in life) has been so bad of late it is not safe for me.

Guys......I'm getting the itch to pull for units.

But got no banners to pull on. Ich.

And this, Red, is where you start the time sink that is JP lol.

Shouta

Hard Boss in the Bravely event for JP uses a lot of stop. I had to switch to Ayaka as a my healer to deal with it. Took a few tries but got all of the rewards in one battle.

Syntsui

First GL enhancements will be for the Halloween batch. The only misery is if their banner will return as it was or if they will release a whole new batch + enhance the old units.

robotuw

First GL enhancements will be for the Halloween batch. The only misery is if their banner will return as it was or if they will release a whole new batch + enhance the old units.

Give BCL a 6* and enhancements simultaneously. Blow everybody's damn minds.

Pejo

Wonder how many whales would pull just to get Demon Rain for his BiS bracelet. I remember the reception on them was extremely lukewarm at release.

Wonder how many whales would pull just to get Demon Rain for his BiS bracelet. I remember the reception on them was extremely lukewarm at release.

Pulled 2 Demon Rain and foolishly merged one to get the TM done faster. Will never make that mistake again. Truth be told I don't even use Infernal Armlet much as I find HP > 5-7 atk or what ever the amount over Bracer is.

bonkeng

Infernal Armlet will kinda be obsolete once Desch comes to GL. But still, it depends.

Bracer = +30 atk, +15% hp
Infernal Armlet = 20% atk, 20% def
Desch Earring = +45 atk

20% def or 15% hp might be preferable on some boss fights.

cw_sasuke

Once my Olive is done im looking forward to the Improved Doublehand hitting Global...would be great if we could stack standard DH with the upcoming one.

Top Bottom