• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

KOMANI

KOMANI
Does anyone really want a new crash game? The old ones were great, sure. But it's pretty much the kind of franchise that can't work today unless the gameplay is dumbed down and the art style is made terrible. Would score about as well as Knack.

However an HD edition of Crash 1-3 + Racing would be cool, sure.

w--wha? You are a non-believer!

Dranakin

crash+bandicoot+playstation+vs+nintendo+commercial.PNG

Here we go.

gimme gimme gimme

If you guys really want Crash back you should bug the shit out Shuhei Yoshida on Twitter. @yosp and some of us already started #GetCrashback

please help us guys!

Xater

I don't believe this means anything. Activision clearly doesn't care about Crash so why keep that stuff up?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I finally understand the purpose of the bin in the PS4 ad. It's not to say that Crash used to be a Sony franchise but now it's in the bin. I got it the wrong way round. It's saying that Crash is coming out of the bin to return to Sony. IT'S TOO PERFECT.

This is probably still nothing. Not getting my hopes up.

Reckoner

If they bought it back, it's good, but I'm not sure if in 2013 it will still be a relevant title. They would have to do a whole reboot with really great, new ideas for it to be a hit. Or, at least, to get me excited and buying a new Crash game.

Surprised people are so excited - I think it would be hard to get the reboot right, capturing the magic of yore while updating the game for modern times.

For it to feel like Crash they need to stick to the 'on rails' platforming action. Give me that in HD and some crazy level design and it might just work.

Shion

It's happening, isn't it? :p

Didn't the classic games perform really well on PSN?

Maybe Sony noticed that there was demand for Crash and they decided to buy the IP back.

88random

Crash is one of the games of my childhood, it would be awesome.

Before they do anything else. PLEASE SONY GODDAMMIT IT'S BEEN MORE THAN ONE YEAR FINISH YOU PSX-VITA COMPATIBILITY FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Wait, what!? I didn't even know about that. Hype for Vita deflated :(

Is this like a legit possibility? I hate getting my hopes up for this kind of stuff. I finally let the Banjo-Kazooie to Nintendo dream die.

The Lamp

Will anyone actually care in the end?
They brought back Twisted Metal and it was actually a fantastic game on PS3 and hardly anyone bought it.
Same with Sly Cooper.

People care a lot about these characters in their minds and memories but don't actually buy games involving them.

Jarmel

Banned
Nobody should want Naughty Dog to do this and by all accounts, they aren't. So which Sony studio would even be capable of creating this game?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Will anyone actually care in the end?
They brought back Twisted Metal and it was actually a fantastic game on PS3 and hardly anyone bought it.

Nope. But they can use it for advertising since he is essentially a classic PlayStation mascot.

The PS1 trilogy and Crash Team Racing were absolute aces in that era, and I still play Crash 2 every now and again.

If they could bring Crash back properly, I don't care who owns the IP...I'd be interested.

Top Bottom