• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Thug is over.
Last year, Young Thug released an excellent new album called JEFFERY. Tonight, he took to Twitter to reveal that a follow-up, executive produced by Drake, was on the way. “Singing album this week...” he tweeted before revealing what appears to be the album’s title: E.B.B.T.G. or Easy Breezy Beautiful Thugger Girls. Find the tweets below.
Someone check on Helmholtz, see if he's alright.

Rick Ross is seriously underrated in here, I feel like just quoting a storm of bars from Rather You Than Me right now.

"When you black, lips chapped 'cause the game cold."
Whew.

Glass Rebel

This Swet Shop Boys EP is fucking amazing.

Nowhere else would I get namedrops of Juhi Chawla, red-throated loon, Frooti, and Mogambo in one place. This track "Birding" is fucking hilarious as well, thank goodness the SSB exist if only for this song getting made.

My Indian friends are going crazy at the haldi facemask line ⚰️

After a few listens, Birding and Need Moor are the standout tracks for me.

OG Kush

Any people familiar with J Hus here? One of the biggest up coming UK artists at the moment, with his debut album coming out next month. Only reason I'm posting it as it's not really Grime (not many grime fans in this OT), but more on a Afrobeats/Rap style (which is big in the UK). I feel there could be fans here of that Afro style:
J Hus - Did You See (Big catchy summer song, very popular in the UK radios right now)
Dave X J Hus - Samantha
J Hus - Dem Boi Paigon ( This was his break out hit)
J Hus - Lean and Bop (poppy Afro House style song)

CoolOff

TURN IT UP
STEP UP IN THIS BITCH LIKE

200.gif

TURN IT UP
I'M THE ONE YOUR BITCH LIKE

TURN IT UP
STEP UP IN THIS BITCH LIKE

200.gif

TURN IT UP
I'M THE ONE YOUR BITCH LIKE
I have no idea why I see Waves get hated on so much, it's an amazing track and has one of Kanye's best beat drops.
It perfectly embodies the themes of the album as well, and from the tour videos it also goes off live.

Dereck

Maybe Gucci wasn't lying when he said he did a record with Outkast?
Any picture taken with Outkast usually guarantees nothing coming out of it. I'm just saying this based on how many pictures I've seen in the past of "so and so with Outkast in some random studio", and usually I don't see any tracks drop in result of it.

I went to one of the shows in LA for the Saint Pablo tour. I took out my phone cause I knew he was gonna go straight into Waves after I Love Kanye. Recorded a few seconds and put it away cause I don't want to watch it through a 6 inch screen. Well 2nd verse starts. I'm 6'4, wearing a Behemoth/Cannibal Corpse shirt that stands out.

Sun don't shine in the shaaaaaade

He walks towards my section. I'm like 3 feet away from the platform.

fff.gif

Bird can't fly in the caaaaaage

He's looking at my general area. I'm looking around like "y'all seeing this shit?"

692.gif

Even when somebody go awaaaayyy

HE FUCKING POINTS AT ME!!! I got that dumbass smile you put on when you fall in love and shit

131.gif

The feelings don't really go awayyyy *smiles back*

I smiled and was so fucking happy, I swear on my fucking life he smiled back because he knew he created the greatest moment of someone's life. A few people around me even congratulated me lol. Glad I put the phone away. Still have the visual of that moment burned in my memory. I'm 50/50 on Waves, but at the very least I'll always remember this moment whenever it comes on.

OG Kush

I went to one of the shows in LA for the Saint Pablo tour. I took out my phone cause I knew he was gonna go straight into Waves after I Love Kanye. Recorded a few seconds and put it away cause I don't want to watch it through a 6 inch screen. Well 2nd verse starts. I'm 6'4, wearing a Behemoth/Cannibal Corpse shirt that stands out. ....

This post is amazing.

daffy

Banned
issa wrap for kodak
https://twitter.com/XXL/status/857358127062065152

in other news, kevin gates got sentenced to 30 months for a gun charge.
damn. money make you greedy when you starving...

HE FUCKING POINTS AT ME!!! I got that dumbass smile you put on when you fall in love and shit
Amazing story. So happy for you. My water would've broke right then and there

Easy Breezy Beautiful Thugger Girls. whew. gonna be fye

Gambit61

I went to one of the shows in LA for the Saint Pablo tour. I took out my phone cause I knew he was gonna go straight into Waves after I Love Kanye. Recorded a few seconds and put it away cause I don't want to watch it through a 6 inch screen. Well 2nd verse starts. I'm 6'4, wearing a Behemoth/Cannibal Corpse shirt that stands out.

This is awesome. I love Waves too, didn't know it wasn't as popular.

Cesare you were right man, this DJ Quik & Problem tape is even nicer with the extended, perfect for the whip right now.

I didn't listen to the EP last year, so it's all new material for me, and it might be my favorite release of 2017 so far. I don't think people are going to really appreciate how Quik laced this album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Unforgettable is the 2017 Tempted to Touch. Jaegan feeding the people.

You're on your level too
Tryna do what lovers do

xazaFcK.gif

I didn't listen to the EP last year, so it's all new material for me, and it might be my favorite release of 2017 so far. I don't think people are going to really appreciate how Quik laced this album.

It's one of the best produced albums of the year, I think a lot of people would rock with it. Some of the best bass and synths I've heard in a rap album in a long time. And it's Quik so you know it's mastered perfectly, everything sounds right. Drums hit just right, guitars weave in and out perfectly, samples blend perfectly with live instrumentation, etc.

overcast

Whew this is fire. Shabazz is touring this year so I should have known an album was coming.
22yrs old today

220px-Mobbdeeptheinfamous1995.jpg

💖
Classic. I heard this too young tbh.
Hell yes. Some of these lines 😤
Maybe Gucci wasn't lying when he said he did a record with Outkast?
Damn, it's happening.
Listen to SZA "Love Galore ft. Travis Scott" by TopDawgEnt #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/topdawgent/sza-love-galore-ft-travis-scott

Travis is kinda eehhhb on this track.
Will listen to later. Don't think sza is anything special tbh. Great voice.

Ninja Dom

Any people familiar with J Hus here? One of the biggest up coming UK artists at the moment, with his debut album coming out next month. Only reason I'm posting it as it's not really Grime (not many grime fans in this OT), but more on a Afrobeats/Rap style (which is big in the UK). I feel there could be fans here of that Afro style:
J Hus - Did You See (Big catchy summer song, very popular in the UK radios right now)
Dave X J Hus - Samantha
J Hus - Dem Boi Paigon ( This was his break out hit)
J Hus - Lean and Bop (poppy Afro House style song)

Good post, fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom