• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

so this thread gives me an opportunity to post something i've wanted to for a long time, but didn't think it necessarsily deserved it's own thread:

Mega, Mega White Thing: The Underworld OP
0mDeSSv.jpg

Who are Underworld?
Karl Hyde and Rick Smith currently comprise the studio version of Underworld. Their live performances involve Darren Price, a long-time friend and remixer of Underworld tunes. During the relative height of their popularity, Darren Emerson was a creative member of the band (as opposed to being a live-only member).

Karl and Rick have been making music together since the early 1980s under various names, having been Underworld since about 1987 and at the time made synthpop/rock. Underworld's music makes heavy use of big-room beats, arpeggiated synths, stream-of-consciouness-esque lyrics, guitars, reverberated vocal clips, and a lot of positive energy.

What genre is their music?
This depends on the track, really. They've produced techno, drum and bass, house, trance, dub, pop, ambient, etc etc. Most broadly, you could describe Underworld as progressive trance/house. Their albums are never one specific genre throughout.

Underworld? That name sounds familiar...
Underworld have crept to the fore of cultural relevance more than once. Most recently it was their score for the 2012 London Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony that caught everyone's attention; a production with long-time collaborator director Danny Boyle and Welsh drum and bass producer High Contrast (with whom the group has recently produced a number of tracks).

Before that their track Born Slippy/Born Slippy NUXX gained a lot of attention in the late 90s with it's appearance in Trainspotting (a Danny Boyle film). For many people, this is their only exposure to the group; it remains a fan favorite to this day, however. Some people know it as the "Lager, lager, lager" song.

In 1993, Underworld released Cowgirl, perhaps most widely heard in the 1995 film Hackers. The album it came from, dubnobasswithmyheadman, was critically praised for combining a lot of then popular electronic music genres (acid house, dub, and techno) into one cohesive aesthetic.

If you've seen a Danny Boyle film, you've probably heard something by Underworld (with a few exceptions).

Why are they important?
Underworld have been reponsible for some of the most forward-thinking and relevant electronic music in the past 20 years. They are frequently cited by a host of electronic artists as inspirations and role models; their music transcends genre boundaries without relying on popular trends or pandering to the Top 40 crowd. Underworld can be seen as forerunners to the "big room/big beat" sound that started in the late 90s and continues to this day. There are few musical acts on par with their level of artistic output and production technique.

Underworld is frequently noted for heavy improvisation during live performances. Honed over many years, their stage setup allows for Karl and Rick to explore just about any musical avenues they wish within their music. You may hear a version of "King of Snake" that only you and the crowd around you will ever hear. More recently, they have taken a more traditional approach to performing live, with less improvisation, but setlists and order will vary from show to show.

PMi3YLb.jpg

Alright, shutup, gimme some tunes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=G_SBPZ_pdv4 - King of Snake live performance from 1999 (1999) *probably the most "quintessenial" Underworld track, I would watch this first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYk7U7fMlPM - Cowgirl live performance from 1999 (1993)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-r9M5D40hM - Always Loved A Film (2010)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NN2PFjs0A0 - Dinosaur Adventure 3D (2002)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvc-zfK8G38 - Born Slippy NUXX live performance from 2010 (1997)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GjVvlmg3o - Pearl's Girl (1996)

Okay, I really like what I'm hearing, where do I start?
You start with their 2000 live album, Everything, Everything. It's a mix of live performances from a 1999 world tour. While by now it lacks literally half of their catalog as a band, it's still a great introduction to their music and their live sound. It's my favorite album of all time.

From there, I'd explore whatever albums have your favorites from Everything, Everything and then maybe move to their 2010 album Barking. Their least accessible albums are 2002's A Hundred Days Off and 2007's Oblivion with Bells. Those albums are more subdued and lack a lot of the big room flash of their other productions.

I'm seeing a lot of dates from the 20th century here, whats Underworld up to right now?
Aside from working on the 2012 Summer Games Opening Ceremony, Karl Hyde is about to release a solo album (so far the tracks from it are very mellow and only tangentially related to Underworld).

Otherwise the band has said they are working on new material, and hopes to announce a tour sometime later this year. The website borndirty.org is always up to date with Underworld news.

Any final words?
Underworld's music rewards patience and attention. There are layers to their sound; even today I'll hear a track I'm familiar with and get caught on a new series of notes or a sound I wasn't really focused on before. A lot of their more subdued songs are just as amazing and enjoyable as their big club bangers, but you have to give them a little time. If you find you're not digging an Underworld track within the first minute, give it some time to develop. Some of my least favorite Underworld tracks from 10-15 years ago are some of my favorites today.

mr stroke

so this thread gives me an opportunity to post something i've wanted to for a long time, but didn't think it necessarsily deserved it's own thread:

Mega, Mega White Thing: The Underworld OP
0mDeSSv.jpg

Who are Underworld?
Karl Hyde and Rick Smith currently comprise the studio version of Underworld. Their live performances involve Darren Price, a long-time friend and remixer of Underworld tunes. During the relative height of their popularity, Darren Emerson was a creative member of the band (as opposed to being a live-only member).

Karl and Rick have been making music together since the early 1980s under various names, having been Underworld since about 1987 and at the time made synthpop/rock. Underworld's music makes heavy use of big-room beats, arpeggiated synths, stream-of-consciouness-esque lyrics, guitars, reverberated vocal clips, and a lot of positive energy.

What genre is their music?
This depends on the track, really. They've produced techno, drum and bass, house, trance, dub, pop, ambient, etc etc. Most broadly, you could describe Underworld as progressive trance/house. Their albums are never one specific genre throughout.

Underworld? That name sounds familiar...
Underworld have crept to the fore of cultural relevance more than once. Most recently it was their score for the 2012 London Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony that caught everyone's attention; a production with long-time collaborator director Danny Boyle and Welsh drum and bass producer High Contrast (with whom the group has recently produced a number of tracks).

Before that their track Born Slippy/Born Slippy NUXX gained a lot of attention in the late 90s with it's appearance in Trainspotting (a Danny Boyle film). For many people, this is their only exposure to the group; it remains a fan favorite to this day, however. Some people know it as the "Lager, lager, lager" song.

In 1993, Underworld released Cowgirl, perhaps most widely heard in the 1995 film Hackers. The album it came from, dubnobasswithmyheadman, was critically praised for combining a lot of then popular electronic music genres (acid house, dub, and techno) into one cohesive aesthetic.

If you've seen a Danny Boyle film, you've probably heard something by Underworld (with a few exceptions).

Why are they important?
Underworld have been reponsible for some of the most forward-thinking and relevant electronic music in the past 20 years. They are frequently cited by a host of electronic artists as inspirations and role models; their music transcends genre boundaries without relying on popular trends or pandering to the Top 40 crowd. Underworld can be seen as forerunners to the "big room/big beat" sound that started in the late 90s and continues to this day. There are few musical acts on par with their level of artistic output and production technique.

Underworld is frequently noted for heavy improvisation during live performances. Honed over many years, their stage setup allows for Karl and Rick to explore just about any musical avenues they wish within their music. You may hear a version of "King of Snake" that only you and the crowd around you will ever hear. More recently, they have taken a more traditional approach to performing live, with less improvisation, but setlists and order will vary from show to show.

PMi3YLb.jpg

Alright, shutup, gimme some tunes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=G_SBPZ_pdv4 - King of Snake live performance from 1999 (1999) *probably the most "quintessenial" Underworld track, I would watch this first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYk7U7fMlPM - Cowgirl live performance from 1999 (1993)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-r9M5D40hM - Always Loved A Film (2010)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NN2PFjs0A0 - Dinosaur Adventure 3D (2002)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvc-zfK8G38 - Born Slippy NUXX live performance from 2010 (1997)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GjVvlmg3o - Pearl's Girl (1996)

Okay, I really like what I'm hearing, where do I start?
You start with their 2000 live album, Everything, Everything. It's a mix of live performances from a 1999 world tour. While by now it lacks literally half of their catalog as a band, it's still a great introduction to their music and their live sound. It's my favorite album of all time.

From there, I'd explore whatever albums have your favorites from Everything, Everything and then maybe move to their 2010 album Barking. Their least accessible albums are 2002's A Hundred Days Off and 2007's Oblivion with Bells. Those albums are more subdued and lack a lot of the big room flash of their other productions.

I'm seeing a lot of dates from the 20th century here, whats Underworld up to right now?
Aside from working on the 2012 Summer Games Opening Ceremony, Karl Hyde is about to release a solo album (so far the tracks from it are very mellow and only tangentially related to Underworld).

Otherwise the band has said they are working on new material, and hopes to announce a tour sometime later this year. The website borndirty.org is always up to date with Underworld news.

Any final words?
Underworld's music rewards patience and attention. There are layers to their sound; even today I'll hear a track I'm familiar with and get caught on a new series of notes or a sound I wasn't really focused on before. A lot of their more subdued songs are just as amazing and enjoyable as their big club bangers, but you have to give them a little time. If you find you're not digging an Underworld track within the first minute, give it some time to develop. Some of my least favorite Underworld tracks from 10-15 years ago are some of my favorites today.

My favorite EDM band outside of Chemical Brothers. Hearing Born Slippy live and going off to thousands of people on a big sound system will make anyone cum their pants.

D23

I've been going back and listening to classics recently and this song is still so damn good:

deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember

I need more music like this and Strobe. Suggestions?

Good thing I have tickets to both!

YES!
i love me some good progressive music
pure bliss

Reflekt - Need To Feel Love (Adam k & Soha Remix) one of my favorite song of all time!
Kaskade -4AM (Adam k& soha remix)
Nic Chagall- This Moment (Prog Mix)
Benny Benassi- Come Fly Away (Adam K& Soha Remix)
BT & adam k- Tomahawk
Haley VS Deadmau5 - Falling In Love with Brazil (Kaskade Mashup)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
EDC NY 1st phase lineup announced:

EDCNY_LineupWeb.jpg

ERIC PRYDZ MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Also Gareth Emery, Feed Me, Nervo, and a bunch of other people.

Eric Prydz, Maceo Plex, Seth Troxler and Wolf+Lamb for me so far... but aside from Pryda nothing tooooo mindblowing. Hopefully it's good, I got my ticket in the mail last week. Still gotta pick up EZoo tickets.

Just finished this quad disc mix by John Digweed

gLI9Ba8.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, first two discs build the mood, and the last two are full on tech house/techno bombs.

This four hour mix shows Digweed is the master of composition and building sets slowly, highly recommend to any house/techno fans.

Definitely need to pick this up. I'm actually listening to Invol<3r now... not a huge fan of Digweed's move away from prog house to tech house (MMII and GU Hong Kong being 2 of my favorite mixcomps of all time) but he's still one of the best in the business when it comes to technical ability.

djtiesto

I went through your mix that was excellent. Some of the tracks reminded me of Desyn Masiello, 80's hip hop & funk, Steve Porter, & Sega Sonic CD (Jap Version). Great set.

Thank you so much, glad you guys liked the set! I'm curious as to what song you felt sounded like Sonic CD JP. Funny enough I've been playing Sonic Generations a lot lately; perhaps that rubbed off on me somewhat?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Eric Prydz, Maceo Plex, Seth Troxler and Wolf+Lamb for me so far... but aside from Pryda nothing tooooo mindblowing. Hopefully it's good, I got my ticket in the mail last week. Still gotta pick up EZoo tickets.

I'm hoping Prydz does a Pryda and a Cirez D set, since there seems to be a Carl Cox & Friends stage like at Ultra.

You got your ticket already?? I haven't gotten anything, I should probably check what the deal is.

Fake edit: Oh duh, my friend bought my ticket and he said he got the ticket a week or two ago.

Ooh, thanks! I'll check these out! In the meantime I found a YouTube playlist that actually has some really awesome progressive house tunes (most of them from Kaskade actually):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwIjGNK6jHc&list=RD02MkezmFLWnN8

kaskade

I think I'm going to try and put together a nice chill prog house summer playlist. Most likely with a lot of Adam K & Soha and Kaskade. Unless anyone want to make it with me. I'm thinking like 10-15 songs. Nice for driving with the windows down.

D23

I think I'm going to try and put together a nice chill prog house summer playlist. Most likely with a lot of Adam K & Soha and Kaskade. Unless anyone want to make it with me. I'm thinking like 10-15 songs. Nice for driving with the windows down.

count me in!! love listening to those songs while driving at night, absolute pure bliss

I've been going back and listening to classics recently and this song is still so damn good:

deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember

in addition to what others have posted, some airy vocal stuff:

Beat Service feat. Gemma Pavlovic - Masquerade (Sunn Jellie Remix)
Tritonal feat. Cristina Soto - Lifted (Mat Zo Remix)
Alan Morris & Sequentia - Blind (Vocal Mix) (i actually really dislike this vocal, but there is a non-vocal mix as well)
The Blizzard with Gaate - Iselilja (Michael Cassette Vocal Remix)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
God dammit, Tickets for Armin album release show in LA sold out in 5 minutes. Hate flavorus with a passion.

Argh, sorry to hear that! Yeah you have to be on top of your game to get these tickets since they sell out so damn fast. I generally get on the phone with a bunch of my friends whenever tickets are going on sale and whoever can get into the system first will reserve a bunch of tickets and buy them all, and then we just pay him back. It's really shitty, but with concerts becoming so popular it's gotten very difficult to actually get tickets.

Thanks, I'll check them out! I love The Blizzard so I already know that song is going to be the bomb.

djtiesto

If you like prog, have you checked out the Mistiquemusic label? Definitely one of my favorites as far as modern-day prog goes. Also I'm quite partial to Guy J, Lank and Relaunch.

jambo

Here's a nice progressive house set from Eelke Kleijn

Eelke Kleijn Live @ La Rocca, Lier, Belgium (14-12-2008)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/811856/n/1214_Eelke_Kleijn_Electrosa_La_Rocca_14-12-2008_p1_mp3 (part 1)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/811857/n/1214_Eelke_Kleijn_Electrosa_La_Rocca_14-12-2008_p2_mp3 (part 2)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/811886/n/1214_Eelke_Kleijn_Electrosa_La_Rocca_14-12-2008_p3_mp3 (part 3)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/815afc/n/1214_Eelke_Kleijn_Electrosa_La_Rocca_14-12-2008_p4_mp3 (part 4)

Part 1

01. Niko Fantin - Blue Magic (Gerardo Boscarino Remix)
02. Cooccer - Melody From Heaven
03. Joeski, 333 (3SKI) - Revive
04. ID - ID
05. Jon Cutler & Matthias Heilbronn - 640
06. Alex Dimou - Pink Aliens (DJ Optimus Fall In Love Mix)
07. Sébastien Léger - Majuro
08. David Kassi vs. Josh & Wesz - When The Smoke Is Going Up vs. Let's Get Durty (Acappella)
09. 2-Xclusive - Needs More Cheese (Daniel Kyo Remix)
10. Gorge - Bambossa
11. ID vs. Lopazz - ID vs. Blood (Acappella)
12. Gabriel Ananda - Coconut Blues
13. NTFO - Senses

Part 2

01. NTFO - Senses [Continued]
02. Ante Perry - Beach Power (Larse Remix)
03. Nhar - Lotus (Kolombo Remix)
04. ID - ID
05. Nessun Dorma - Evolving Minds (Sin-Tek Remix)
06. Max Bett - Goblet Blame
07. Kismet - Empty Streets
08. Gmorozov - 1984
09. Ceeryl vs. Sister Bliss - High Flyer vs. Can't Get A Man, Can't Get A Job (Life's A Bitch) (Acappella)
10. Muzzaik - The Brooklyn Story
11. Miguel Picasso - Rendez-Vous A Paris (Ballesteros Remix)
12. Ran Salman & Nir Azilov - Overweight
13. TC Maniak - Nudity & Phlegm (Eelke Kleijn Remix)
14. Eelke Kleijn - Too Small Too Low
15. Jay Lumen feat. Panoptic - Surface 'Reborn'
16. Alex Dolby - Water

Part 3

01. Alex Dolby - Water [Continued]
02. Tim Davison - Necessary Evil (Steve Mill Less Evil Remix)
03. Logiztik Sounds & Kally - Smash It
04. Miss Nine - Nevertheless (Eelke Kleijn Remix)
05. Francesco Pico & Roell Sapphire - The Thrill Will Be Later
06. ID - ID
07. ID - ID
08. Eelke Kleijn & Francesco Pico - On The Fly
09. Oliver Huntemann & Dubfire vs. Rennie Foster - Dios vs. Devil's Water (Kiki's Superdub)
10. Robimon - Swipe (Rhythm Code Remix)
11. Stallos - Spanner In The Works (Eelke Kleijn Remix)
12. David Kassi - Cube
13. ID - ID
14. Federico Epis - Montoya

Part 4

01. Federico Epis - Montoya [Continued]
02. Eelke Kleijn - Dopamine Theory
03. Nikitin & Semikashev - Reflection Vector
04. Cid Inc. - One Word For Justice
05. Ferdy & Matt Van Wyk - Dust Sucker
06. Andain - Beautiful Things (Dave Robertson Remix)
07. ID - ID
08. Christopher Manik - 2 Pianos (Blake Jarrell Remix)
09. ID - ID
10. Human8 - She Is Gone (Moonbeam Remix)
11. Johan Vermeulen vs. ID - Indigo vs. ID (Saxaphone)
12. Don & Palm vs. ID - Addicted vs. ID (Saxaphone)
13. Crystal Fake - Fermented Era (Lank Remix)
14. Steve Mill - Wipeout (Johan Vermeulen Remix)
15. Allexinno vs. ID - Paris At Night (Treitl Hammond Remix) vs. ID (Saxaphone)
16. Sebastian Leger - Majestic

ID'd this one myself over the past couple of days, enjoy

kaskade

wtf i didnt know he sings that haha

i didnt know he sing at all

I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's done it. Obviously his voice is altered like crazy but it still sounds good.

I'm guessing the album will be out mid may sometimes. He's held pretty strong to that timeframe besides fire and ice but that was october.

D23

I cant believe im seeing Kaskade TWICE this summer, one in a festival setting and the other for his "intimate" tour which is gonna be amazing

kaskade

Threw this little list together quick off the top of my head for the nighttime cruise prog house collection. Feel free to add some stuff.

1. Reflekt -Need to feel loved (Adam K & Soha)
  2. Kaskade-4am (Adam K & Soha)
  3. Glenn Morrison - Contact
  4. BT-Vervoeren
  5. Adam K - You're Not Alone (Adam K & Soha Remix)
  6. ATB - Ecstasy (Don Rayzer Remix)
  7. Ercola & Heikki L - Deep At Night (Adam K & Soha Remix)
  8. Cloud 9(Above and Beyond edit)
  9. Kaskade - Angel On My Shoulder (EDX Remix)

Ashhong

Threw this little list together quick off the top of my head for the nighttime cruise prog house collection. Feel free to add some stuff.

1. Reflekt -Need to feel loved (Adam K & Soha)
  2. Kaskade-4am (Adam K & Soha)
  3. Glenn Morrison - Contact
  4. Lights - And Counting (Myon and Shane 54 Summer of Love Remix)
  5. Adam K - You're Not Alone (Adam K & Soha Remix)
  6. ATB - Ecstasy (Don Rayzer Remix)
  7. Ercola & Heikki L - Deep At Night (Adam K & Soha Remix)
  8. Cloud 9(Above and Beyond edit)
  9. Kaskade - Angel On My Shoulder (EDX Remix)

Do you have the MS54 Lights remix? Care to send a link my way? :D

djtiesto

Finally got my copy of Invol<3r and took a few listens. I like it, not as much as #1 but a lot more than #2... it just feels much warmer and lusher than 2. Yeah, there are a bit too many vocals on it, and I think it kinda peters out at the end (instead of a massive epic finish like I expect out of Sasha, hell even his much-maligned Instant Live Avalon LA had that amazing Gus Gus track).

The 2 highlights for me are the Ananda Project (been a huge fan of Chris Brann ever since I heard "Where Do We Go" years ago) and the Zabiela tracks.

A few transitions are a bit more jarring than I'd expect from Sasha, but it's nothing dealbreaking. Still highly recommended for those into melodic house music.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I cant believe im seeing Kaskade TWICE this summer, one in a festival setting and the other for his "intimate" tour which is gonna be amazing

Good luck getting tickets for his intimate tour. They're only selling 200-300 tickets per show, and they only go on sale 5 days before his show. I really want to get tickets but I'm not very optimistic considering festivals that have thousands of tickets generally sell out in minutes.

Just a random assortment of some of my favorite songs I wanted to share

ATB-Behind (club mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=147tierXUmA

Sunlounger-Lost (club mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5PTsROsRw

Bastien Laval-Restlessness (radio edit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WPOSDVOfS0

Oceanlab-Sirens of the Sea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv2I2i6lsmQ

Deep Care-Black (original mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXx4xIha5ZE

Above and Beyond-A Thing Called Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4nVy0PAPjU

Tritonal-Piercing Quiet (original Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9ZzO0TDXo

D23

Good luck getting tickets for his intimate tour. They're only selling 200-300 tickets per show, and they only go on sale 5 days before his show. I really want to get tickets but I'm not very optimistic considering festivals that have thousands of tickets generally sell out in minutes.
I will camp out in my computer!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've gotta go to an ASOT at least once in my life.

Bucket list.. for sure.

I need to attend an EDM show in NYC soon, the last one I went to was Eric Prydz on Thanksgiving eve which feels like it was a year ago. I'm going to a wedding on May 18th so I won't be able to do EDC and I can't wait until Electric Zoo for my next fix. What's good NYC?

dvdjamm

1363995929_eibx6dhsyk2l5ut.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plN_WKvL1G4 or http://www.mixcloud.com/MEGATRONIC/hardwell-on-air-110-29-03-2013/

Tracklist:
001 Jewelz & Scott Sparks - Hot Rod
002 Alesso vs One Republic - If I Lose Myself (Alesso Remix)
003 Dannic - Viper (HARDWELL EXCLUSIVE)
004 Ivan Gough vs Stevie Mink & Steve Bleas - BOOM!
005 Moguai vs Alesso - Calling Champs (Dannic MashUp)
006 Carly Rae Jepsen - Tonight I'm Getting Over You (Showtek Remix)
007 W&W vs Laidback Luke - The Code Till Tonight (Nick Mathon Edit)
008 Martin Volt & Quentin State - Persia (Kill The Buzz Remix)
009 Astro Bros - Supernova (DEMO OF THE WEEK)
010 Pink Is Punk & Benny Benassi ft. Bright Lights &#8211; Ghost (Dyro Remix)
011 Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike & GTA ft. Wolfpack - Turn It Up
012 Sound of Stereo - Zipper (MAKJ Remix)
013 Dadalife - Higher State of Dada Land

Dreaver

Ultra Miami 2013- Forever In My Mind

Music: Yuna - Lullabies (Adventure Club remix)

extremely good video production right there

I just saw this popping up at my Twitter feed, extremely high quality video. Very well done.

The Tomorrowland 2013 after movie is worth watching as well, even if you don't like EDM. Extreme high production value as well and awesome cinematography. It's 20 minutes long but worth watching, right now it has more than 60m views.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've been listening to Cazzette today. Anyone have any favorites from them? Right now I'm partial to Beam Me Up.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I've been listening to Cazzette today. Anyone have any favorites from them? Right now I'm partial to Beam Me Up.

Surrender is pretty amazing. I like all three of their Eject EPs. Saw them at Ultra too, they were great.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Beam Me Up is great. Funny video too. Check out these songs:

Cazzette - Endorphine
Cazzette - Hit Da Face
Dada Life - Rolling Stones T-Shirt (Cazzette Remix)
Cazzette - Weapon

In fact if you have Spotify you can check out their new EP which was released exclusively on Spotify.

I need to attend an EDM show in NYC soon, the last one I went to was Eric Prydz on Thanksgiving eve which feels like it was a year ago. I'm going to a wedding on May 18th so I won't be able to do EDC and I can't wait until Electric Zoo for my next fix. What's good NYC?

Man New York is spoiled for events. Electric Zoo is always good, there's also IDentity in the summer (although it's in Wantagh). They had Eric Prydz last, which was the first time he had come to the US since like 2007 I think. The year before that they had Kaskade and Avicii and Aoki, so they generally have pretty stacked lineups. There's also a bunch of smaller concerts at clubs like Roseland or Pacha (although I fucking hate that club).

What I do is follow my favorite artists on Facebook and Twitter, they generally announce tours that inevitably come through NYC. I saw Goldroom and Alex Metric a few days ago actually and it was great. I ran into Goldroom's singer on the street outside after the show and took a photo with her. She's sooooo preeeeetty. :)

Top Bottom