• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

is the history mode as grindy as the adventure maps were? I didn't mind playing a ton of HW, but I hated having to do bullshit fights just to get a compass so I could progress on the map.

Is it better this time?

is the history mode as grindy as the adventure maps were? I didn't mind playing a ton of HW, but I hated having to do bullshit fights just to get a compass so I could progress on the map.

Is it better this time?

No experience with HW, but as far as bullshit fights are concerned, the only ones I consider such are the arena ones. If memory serves though, none are absolutely mandatory. Even if they are, you can leave by the start of the 4th round and still get a win. 6th round enemies are a pain and I don't begrudge people for leaving earlier.

Edit: Oh, and there isn't much of a grind. Levelling is easy when the game gives lots of gold and weapons are transferable.

NeonZ

Is it better this time?

There's no item system locking battles in the maps here.

My CE is arriving from Amazon on Friday and I'll probably put my backup Gamestop preorder amount towards the DLC pass...but I'm oddly itching to pick up the 3DS version on Friday as well.

Someone please talk me out of this, especially with Mario Odyssey next week...

Shiggy

rsw_fireemblemwarrior70swi.jpg

Back of the collector's edition

Thatanas

My CE is arriving from Amazon on Friday and I'll probably put my backup Gamestop preorder amount towards the DLC pass...but I'm oddly itching to pick up the 3DS version on Friday as well.

Do it.

Maxinas

Quit your job and social life, and you’ll be able to juggle both.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Just out of curiosity, is the COOP-MODE played through the original story campaign or is a separate mode with random missions? Thanks

Kouriozan

For fuck's sake, no one is giving a damn about stability anymore. Can't remember a single game that I played in the last months that didn't crash.

Hyrule Warriors Wii U also had problems at launch that got fixed like super long loading times. I also personally remember a Twilight Realm map stage where one gate wouldn't open and had no choice but to give up.

Just got my copy from SimplyGames, nice to have it a bit early, Think I made the right call picking Lianna, not keen on Rowan so far.

JacknZack

Neo Member
Does anyone know what time the eshop will update with the game available for download? I realized Nintendo doesn't let you pre download, and I want to have it ready to play on Friday. I'm hoping for 12 eastern time, but I'm afraid that's wishful thinking.

TheMoon

Does anyone know what time the eshop will update with the game available for download? I realized Nintendo doesn't let you pre download, and I want to have it ready to play on Friday. I'm hoping for 12 eastern time, but I'm afraid that's wishful thinking.

First party = midnight.

dukie85

I wish my SE would ship early.. ;_; Between this, Odyssey, RE Revelations and Xenoblade, I'll be busy until next year and I love it.

Danneee

Manaketes are dragons.

Yeah, but aren’t they more humanoids transforming into dragons? I’ve only played Awakening so I might misremember...

Edit: after looking into it in the wiki I stand corrected. It’s the other way around:)

manakete is dragon (they always in dragon form anyway). don't think there's risen, but if it is in, I might miss it since they can just palette/icon swap the enemies and pretend it is them

Ah, thanks:)

dukie85

I know for a fact mine isn't shipping till tomorrow, since I live close to one of Amazon's warehouses, but has anybody's actually shipped/prepared to ship?

Nairume

Banned
I know for a fact mine isn't shipping till tomorrow, since I live close to one of Amazon's warehouses, but has anybody's actually shipped/prepared to ship?
Mine is showing as preparing to ship. Amazon might actually not be late to get me a game on release date for a change.

Quit your job and social life, and you’ll be able to juggle both.

y u do this to me...

Mine's not shipping until tomorrow due to also living close to Amazon's warehouses. I seriously wish I'd been able to get mine from Best Buy in hopes that it'd have shipped early tbh but eh, it's not that huge of a dealbreaker to wait a day lol.

R0ckman

Thanks for the responses, guys. Had to talk to a few reps but I eventually got the situation fixed. Will be getting it on Friday as planned.

Excited to finally dip my toes into a Musou game!

How did they fix it? I decided to call up too, the rep was nice but she didn't have a clue what was going on. Though she helped me figure out that the version I ordered didn't exist anymore.

It seems this happens when old preorder items have two editions and they update based on that, they just kill off the old product listing and I guess they have a botchy method to transfer over early preorders. This happened with my Monster Hunter World order too but I caught it earlier.

Anyone else have any issues with this?

RedToad64

How did they fix it? I decided to call up too, the rep was nice but she didn't have a clue what was going on. Though she helped me figure out that the version I ordered didn't exist anymore.

It seems this happens when old preorder items have two editions and they update based on that, they just kill off the old product listing and I guess they have a botchy method to transfer over early preorders. This happened with my Monster Hunter World order too but I caught it earlier.

Anyone else have any issues with this?
My experience is to wait for the release date to be announced before pre-ordering for the reasons you mentioned.

The base game Hyrule warriors wasn't too bad. It was when they raised the level cap with each successive dlc, ending up with the final limit at 255 that it got out of control.

I see. Guess we better pray they don't repeat that. <.< Out of curiosity though, what's the damage output like for Lv. 99s against Lv. 255 content?

Kinsei

Banned
Out of curiosity is there an equivalent to the heart containers and weapon upgrades from Hyrule Warriors in this? I loved the way they forced you to get good with every character in the game.

Shun

Mentioned it multiple times before that this game handles grinding and History mode much much better than Zelda Musou adventure mode.

Its a better Musou game in terms of mechanics. They have their appeals depending on which IP you like better.

Overall I find the game to be fun with all the map management you need to do for S Ranking missions. There is plenty to do and I recommend either the Switch or 3DS versions to anyone who is thinking about it.

Out of curiosity is there an equivalent to the heart containers and weapon upgrades from Hyrule Warriors in this? I loved the way they forced you to get good with every character in the game.

Master Proofs to increase your stats caps, you gain HP and stats each level and can improve by switching out to different weapons and skills you want.

By the end of the game, you can get endgame weapon versions of Falchion, etc.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of the first times I've preordered a game from Best Buy. My copy still hasn't shipped, but I think it says I should expect it this Friday. Is this normal? Did anyone else order it from Best Buy?

Shengar

Just out of curiosity, is the COOP-MODE played through the original story campaign or is a separate mode with random missions? Thanks
From past musou experience, there should be separation between coop and single player mode in the missions you play

Kouriozan

Surprisingly, I got the game early with Amazon.fr, didn't happen since 2 years ago or something.
Anyway this give me time to get Lucina and buy the season pass tomorrow :p

Ok I just tested and you can do the campaign mode with 2 players.

Kouriozan

I assume it's like Hyrule Warriors for the History mode to get S rank, 1000 K.O., less than 10 mins. Just did a fight with 800 and got A.

Top Bottom