• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne/Nioh - am I wasting my money?

preta

They're a decent challenge, but far from unreasonable. From what you've said it definitely sounds like you could manage them. Bloodborne is definitely the better game of the two overall - it's got more variety in enemies, areas, bosses, weapons etc., it's better balanced, and the world/lore are far, far better. Nioh has deeper core combat, but suffers in other areas, particularly lack of enemy variety. If you play one and like it, though, I'd definitely recommend playing the other, as well as the Souls series.

Mr_Moogle

Both games are excellent. Bloodborne is a probably the better of the two. It has a more interesting setting, lore, better bosses etc.

The combat in Nioh is very strong but it's a little lacking in other departments like game world, story etc. Also loot mechanics are a little tedious imo.

Uraizen

Banned
Im happy to die a bunch and learn patterns of bosses and stuff. But are they so frustratingly hard that more casual gamers like me will be wasting my time and money?

And if not, what would be a better starter into this genre? Bloodborne or Nioh?

From your description you sound like me. The difficulty is way overblown and they are both very enjoyable games. Both also offer optional content that is much more challenging if you find the base game too easy.

Nioh has the better combat and runs at 60fps in action mode. No two weapons feel the same. There's a ton of loot and customizations for armor and weapons. However, I feel Bloodborne has a superior atmosphere which makes it fun to explore. The music and bosses are very memorable as well.

Basically toss a coin and pick. If Nioh isn't the complete edition and Bloodborne is then go for Bloodborne and buy Nioh complete later. Both are winners either way.

If you get stuck you can summon people in either game, btw.

alt27

Thanks for all the advice/opinions!

I was watching alot of videos and stuff on the gameplay.

Niohs combat which looks more fast paced is probably more up my street, and I always like games set in Japan.

However Bloodbornes setting looks fantastic and I really dont mind the look of the combat I have seen. Looks much more methodical and delibrate

So I bought both. Will start whatever one downloads first, so probably bloodborne. I will no doubt be in need of help , so will search for the GAF communities.

As I mentioned, I have no problem dying many times over and over, that doesnt really rage induce me at all. As long as the fights are not mainly RNG based and I can learn them after repeated attempts, then im fine with that. I dont play 'hard games' because I have never tried honestly. There reputation has put me off a little I guess. So I dont know if I dont like them or not. Guess these two will be good testers then.

I just want to play some good single player stuff. Everything coming up seems to be the big multiplayer stuff, so want some time consuming games to take me upto xmas.

Niohs combat which looks more fast paced is probably more up my street, and I always like games set in Japan.

However Bloodbornes setting looks fantastic and I really dont mind the look of the combat I have seen. Looks much more methodical and delibrate

So I bought both. Will start whatever one downloads first, so probably bloodborne. I will no doubt be in need of help , so will search for the GAF communities.

As I mentioned, I have no problem dying many times over and over, that doesnt really rage induce me at all. As long as the fights are not mainly RNG based and I can learn them after repeated attempts, then im fine with that. I dont play 'hard games' because I have never tried honestly. There reputation has put me off a little I guess. So I dont know if I dont like them or not. Guess these two will be good testers then.

I just want to play some good single player stuff. Everything coming up seems to be the big multiplayer stuff, so want some time consuming games to take me upto xmas.

I envy you. What I wouldn't give to play my two favorite games thus far this gen again for the first time. You honestly can't go wrong with either but just know that while they share certain mechanics they are very very different games and whichever you end up playing second will require a lot of adjustment and relearning for you to excel.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these games down the road. Always fascinating watching people jump into these sorts of games for the first time.

filly

I remember playing dark souls the first time and being apprehensive about the difficulty. You have to unlearn so much that other games have taught you. The result was experiencing one of the most satisfying games ever. Bloodborne was exciting even though there were already 3 souls games out already, games that a lot of people have sunk 100s of hours into, fatigue was surprisingly minimal.

Bloodborne came out and it felt very much like playing dark souls again for the first time. This game is a masterpiece.

Nioh is fantastic, but I would urge anyone who likes games to play Bloodborne and persist. Bloodborne is a very special game. People are so passionate about the souls series because the journey and experience you get from it is unlike anything else, it’s more than just overcoming the game, it feels like overcoming yourself. And that in my eyes is a priceless experience.

Also if you play Bloodborne, you will naturally be hyped for Nioh, you will have a better understanding of where it is coming from.

RevenWolf

Like you, I am interested in Dark Souls and Bloodborne mainly for the world and setting and just like you I'm not that good in playing action game (100% always play on Normal difficulty).

Probably will get lynched by saying this, but I managed to finish Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 using guides. It took a HUGE chunk of difficulty of Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Edit : Just want to say I died more times in Uncharted 1 than in Bloodborne lol.

I see no reason why you should get "lynched" for using a guide.

These games have intentionally obscure secrets to help promote communication and cooperation within the community.

All I can really say is that the whole difficulty thing is overblown IMO. But only in the sense that it makes it seems like the games are hard for the sake of being hard, or "cheap/unfair".

The truth is that they're just punishing when it comes to errors in combat. The character you get right from the start of the game literally has all the tools necessary to complete it from the first level (as far as I'm aware/concerned this is true for all the souls series).

If you're the type of player that views "dying" as a waste of time, then yeah it's probably not for you. But if you're the type that when you die you immediately think "ok I shouldn't have gotten greedy there" or "yeah kinda did walk into that one" or frankly any other introspective thought on why it happened you should be fine.

RevenWolf

I can honestly say that RNG will pretty much be the last thing that ever kills you in most souls games.

Based on your reply it seems to me like you're definitely going in with the right attitude to enjoy these games. If I may give some basic fundamental advice for these sorts of games:

Learn your chosen weapon's attack times (aka how long you are locked in the attacking animation). The most common way most players get hit/killed is by getting greedy and committing to an attack that leaves them open to retaliation.

Sjefen

Played both alot and they are different in many ways. In Nioh you can build and customize your playstyle with a wide range of weapons. Bloodborn is more focused on skill since there isnt that much loot and semi linear story telling.

They are very good but also is some areas very different. But you will die alot in both.

Good, good. Make sure to keep us updated on your progress!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225014

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348884

HenryEen

Banned
I see no reason why you should get "lynched" for using a guide.

These games have intentionally obscure secrets to help promote communication and cooperation within the community.

All I can really say is that the whole difficulty thing is overblown IMO. But only in the sense that it makes it seems like the games are hard for the sake of being hard, or "cheap/unfair".

The truth is that they're just punishing when it comes to errors in combat. The character you get right from the start of the game literally has all the tools necessary to complete it from the first level (as far as I'm aware/concerned this is true for all the souls series).

If you're the type of player that views "dying" as a waste of time, then yeah it's probably not for you. But if you're the type that when you die you immediately think "ok I shouldn't have gotten greedy there" or "yeah kinda did walk into that one" or frankly any other introspective thought on why it happened you should be fine.

I mean some people outraged at people who play the games using summons, something something wrong way to play or not a true fans. And that is an ingame mechanic....

Eusis

Nioh runs at 60fps, Bloodborne is 30fps with frame pacing issues and fps drops so if that matters to you.
Nioh, at least on base PS4, has drops and hiccups at 60fps itself. Not that this should invalidate it, but if you're after perfect performance you'll be out of luck regardless.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I mean some people outraged at people who play the games using summons, something something wrong way to play or not a true fans. And that is an ingame mechanic....

And magic. Magic is cheating somehow.

For the OP though, I'd say Nioh is the easier of the two if you want to get your feet wet.

Bloodborn's first area can be brutal until you learn the enemy patterns and routes etc. It takes a while to click, but when it does, it's definitely a far more cohesive presentation than Nioh.

Mendrox

So, Im browsing the PS deals and I see these two games on for quite a nice price.

Now I usually avoid thease games like the plague as the percieved difficulty levels put me off. But their settings and worlds are right up my street.

I should say I dont think im a terrible gamer or anything but I have never really played these types of games before. I just usually play games on normal mode and I play alot of RPG games (recently stuff like Horizon, Nier, Hellblade, Witcher, Shadow of Mordor, etc etc)

Im happy to die a bunch and learn patterns of bosses and stuff. But are they so frustratingly hard that more casual gamers like me will be wasting my time and money?

Or should I just not bother at all and stick with my casual 3rd person action games, LOL

You will be fine. These are not games for the casual guys who get frustrated easily and are impatient. They are not that difficult to beat, but doing the optional stuff is another level.. But it's optional.

Mephala

I recommend starting with Bloodborne. It has the better atmosphere, enemy variety and just all round feels more fresh particularly the trick weapons.

NiOh's combat I think is actually a bit better once you get some more weapon skills and get more accustomed to ki pulses. Still, I found the enemies to be a bit boring to fight and often the enemies didn't really make me feel any thing special.

I believe there is a NiOh demo still available? Try that out first.

On the flip side, if you want another 3rd person option get Gravity Rush 2 if you haven't played it yet.

groansey

So, Im browsing the PS deals and I see these two games on for quite a nice price.

Now I usually avoid thease games like the plague as the percieved difficulty levels put me off. But their settings and worlds are right up my street.

I should say I dont think im a terrible gamer or anything but I have never really played these types of games before. I just usually play games on normal mode and I play alot of RPG games (recently stuff like Horizon, Nier, Hellblade, Witcher, Shadow of Mordor, etc etc)

Or should I just not bother at all and stick with my casual 3rd person action games, LOL

Waste of money.

I played Bloodborne for 10 hours. Love Castlevania and Resi games, so it was right up my street visually. But the difficulty is masochistic, placement of save points in relation to bosses are tiresome and I didn't enjoy the combat. I only got to Gascoigne, the second boss, and that meant I played the same small area over and over until i could beat every enemy aside from the boss.

More importantly I didn't enjoy any of it - a waste of time and money.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Im happy to die a bunch and learn patterns of bosses and stuff.

Then you'll probably be okay.

It might be worth noting that Nioh targets a hardcore audience and is designed to be what Japanese fans call "shinige" (game where you die a lot). Director Fumihiko Yasuda has said as much in a 2017 GDC talk.

Bloodborne was not designed that way, so you might find it more suited to your tastes in the long-run.

Although both are excellent games, and I believe it depends on your mood, or which setting you're feeling right now; gothic Europe or feudal Japan (each later goes off on its respective fantasy/horror tangent). That will net you the most satisfaction.

Thorrgal

I can't fucking stand Soulsborne games, and I gave it a fair shot with Bloodborne. Hate it. Legitimately one of my worst experiences ever playing a game. I'd refund this trash game if I had the option.

"Trash'...smh

OP, NioH is good but Bloodborne is better. Bloodborne has a more difficult start, though, and can be frustrating for less skilled players like Rumblebones so be aware of that. If you get it and get stuck don't give up

Also, if you like medieval Japan pick pick NioH

Then you'll probably be okay.

It might be worth noting that Nioh targets a hardcore audience and is designed to be what Japanese fans call "shinige" (game where you die a lot). Director Fumihiko Yasuda has said as much in a 2017 GDC talk.

Bloodborne was not designed that way, so you might find it more suited to your tastes in the long-run.

Although both are excellent games, and I believe it depends on your mood, or which setting you're feeling right now; gothic Europe or feudal Japan (each later goes off on its respective fantasy/horror tangent). That will net you the most satisfaction.

I remember you commented briefly on Nioh when it first came out and said you were playing it. Out of curiosity did you get the chance to play any of the additional content in the game? They added and changed a lot since release and while most has been for the better it is definitely a very different game than it once was.

Mendrox

Waste of money.

I played Bloodborne for 10 hours. Love Castlevania and Resi games, so it was right up my street visually. But the difficulty is masochistic, placement of save points in relation to bosses are tiresome and I didn't enjoy the combat. I only got to Gascoigne, the second boss, and that meant I played the same small area over and over until i could beat every enemy aside from the boss.

More importantly I didn't enjoy any of it in that time. It was a waste of time and money.

So you got to the true first boss and didnt even try to get to the real game. The begining is difficult so you learn to abuse the mechanics the game gave you.

Edit: 10 hours for the begining?! Game was never for you.

This is what I meant OP, if you are impatient and easily frustrated like this, then dont buy bloodborne nor Nioh.

See all these threads on GAF where people didnr even find the weapon at the begining after dieing. People dont want to explore or read anymore and if you are one of these people then dont buy the game, but if you stick to it you get one of the best games this generatiom which I still play here and there

groansey

So you got to the true first boss and didnt even try to get to the real game. The begining is difficult so you learn to abuse the mechanics the game gave you.

Edit: 10 hours for the begining?! Game was never for you.

How am I supposed to know what is the real game or not? 10 hours and the play area of the sewers and Central Yharnam is pretty tiny. In the same amount of time I could play an entire Resident Evil game.
This is not a positive for Bloodborne.

This is what I meant OP, if you are impatient and easily frustrated like this, then dont buy bloodborne nor Nioh.

10 hours is impatient?!

See all these threads on GAF where people didnr even find the weapon at the begining after dieing. People dont want to explore or read anymore and if you are one of these people then dont buy the game, but if you stick to it you get one of the best games this generatiom which I still play here and there

See Soulsborne games are so clever because they don't lead you by the hand and give you tutorial sections etc.
OH WAIT! There's piles of sick everywhere with shitty txtspeak commands telling you how to play! Oh look there's an online communities everyone visits to learn how to play...
This whole Soulsborne fad is bullshit. Respect the players time and give us a difficulty slider you pretentious arseholes.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I remember you commented briefly on Nioh when it first came out and said you were playing it. Out of curiosity did you get the chance to play any of the additional content in the game? They added and changed a lot since release and while most has been for the better it is definitely a very different game than it once was.

I haven't played in a while. Been largely obsessed with Elite Dangerous, Destiny 2 and Rocket League!

I do plan on going back to it and will definitely check out the extra content. Very curious.

OP you really can't go wrong with either. Just know that while similar in some ways they are also very different as well. I personally enjoy Nioh a bit more due to the more intricate combat mechanics and customizations. I also prefer the mission based structure myself as it harkened back to some of my favorite games of old in a lot of ways. Nioh has been my go to Fane ever since it released and the content they've put out since then has expanded the game dramatically albeit at the cost of being a bit overly tedious at times.

But Bloodborne is a great game too and one that I thoroughly enjoyed playing. The DLC is especially fantastic so do make sure you pick that up and play it as well.

I haven't played in a while. Been largely obsessed with Elite Dangerous, Destiny 2 and Rocket League!

I do plan on going back to it and will definitely check out the extra content. Very curious.

Personally I already burnt out on Destiny 2 so it was straight back to Nioh for me. You'll honestly probably feel overwhelmed a bit by all the new stuff. It's a lot to take in and digest haha. They fleshed out a lot of the existing subsystems and added a whole slew of new ones. The abyss mode is quickly becoming my new favorite thing in the game.

Mendrox

How am I supposed to know what is the real game or not? 10 hours and the play area of the sewers and Central Yharnam is pretty tiny. In the same amount of time I could play an entire Resident Evil game.
This is not a positive for Bloodborne.

10 hours is impatient?!

See Soulsborne games are so clever because they don't lead you by the hand and give you tutorial sections etc.
OH WAIT! There's piles of sick everywhere with shitty txtspeak commands telling you how to play! Oh look there's an online communities everyone visits to learn how to play...
This whole Soulsborne fad is bullshit. Respect the players time and give us a difficulty slider you pretentious arseholes.

No get away with your difficulty slider. Respect the developers intend and get better (or more Patient) and you easily learn this game. The begining shouldnt take longer than three hours with all these Tips that are around. I sucked ass when the game released and was the first Person worldwide to stream it on Hitbox. People laughed at me because i took a long ass time for the begining but I didnt have any tips. As soon as i managed to best the first real boss the game truely began and I got better myself. This is something which you wont find in many games and this is what people love about this series. Experiencing how you, the player, gets better himself with each fight and not because of stats but because you learn how to get good at the game and it rewards you unlike any other game.

There is a good reason people throw the "git gud" thing around cause it's true. I was the same like you when Demons Souls released and it took me three years to get the Hang of the game after many tries but I am glad people said I should try again.

RossoneR

Banned
I had more problems with Nier route c than with BB or Nioh, lol.

Honestly BB s cheap, try it. If u end up enjoying it it might be one of the best games ever for u. If u dont, its not big loss. Im sure u wasted more money on crappy games.

Izuna

Banned
I can't fucking stand Soulsborne games, and I gave it a fair shot with Bloodborne. Hate it. Legitimately one of my worst experiences ever playing a game. I'd refund this trash game if I had the option.

DeS is the only worthwhile Souls game. If you haven't played it, try it.

Make sure to ask if anything isn't clear to you. I'd advise to get a good look at the mechanics of the game and do the rest "blind". It's much more rewarding figuring stuff out yourself.

Over in the OT I'll give you beginner tips, if you want.

Wamb0wneD

If you go into the Bloodborne OT (i think it's the 5th) I'll help you out and I'm sure others will as well. The beginning is really tough and there's a shortcut you really shouldn't miss to prevent frustration. Ask away!

I was you until someone showed me a shortcut so I could circumvent that place with all the assholes on there and how to level up. I'm so glad someone showed me because the rest of the game is one of the best gaming experiences I had in ages.

So I bought both. Will start whatever one downloads first, so probably bloodborne.

giphy.gif

One thing to keep in mind when playing Bloodborne (or any Souls), you are not supposed to win easily, you are not the center of the universe in this game so don't except the game to treat you like a guest. (like other 99% of AAA games these days.)

Killing a dragon in Dark Souls is like killing a dragon in real life, there's no QTEs to help you win, and the dragon don't just stay still and bite you like in Skyrim.
In Dark Souls you are literally just a human, you are not supposed to kill a dragon, which is why it feels so fucking good to actually did it.

This is a game where victory actually means something, so you might want to adjust your attitude when going in. Bloodborne is a dojo and everyone is your sensei.

Be brave, be sharp and never give up.

xviper

Nioh is the easiest

Bloodborne is the MUCH MUCH MUCH better

but i suggest you go with Dark souls 3, it's the worst in the series but it's the easiest by far and it's better than Nioh

after you finish DS3 and get used to the formula, play bloodborne

Bloodborne has the toughest opening of any Souls game. But don’t let that fool you, once you have the counter and dodging mechanics down it is a joy to play.

You’ll die plenty but more often that not because of your own mistakes. There isn’t a series out there that nails tense exploration as well as the Souls games.

As someone who has beaten Demon's Souls, platinumed Bloodborne, and is currently playing through Nioh, I just want to add that these games cause me to fatigue at some point.

These are not "sit back and relax after a long day" games. They require a high level of focus and drive and it can be exhausting.

I'm pacing myself through Nioh and my high admiration for the world and combat is making the journey incredibly fun and engaging so far.

Meanwhile, as much as I adore Bloodborne, I don't see myself going back to the DLC anytime soon, I'm not gonna have the patience for it. Maybe some day.

alt27

Thanks!

Make sure to ask if anything isn't clear to you. I'd advise to get a good look at the mechanics of the game and do the rest "blind". It's much more rewarding figuring stuff out yourself.

Over in the OT I'll give you beginner tips, if you want.

Thank you, I made a post in the OT so any tips would be much appreciated. Will be starting tonight in a few hours.

If you go into the Bloodborne OT (i think it's the 5th) I'll help you out and I'm sure others will as well. The beginning is really tough and there's a shortcut you really shouldn't miss to prevent frustration. Ask away!

I was you until someone showed me a shortcut so I could circumvent that place with all the assholes on there and how to level up. I'm so glad someone showed me because the rest of the game is one of the best gaming experiences I had in ages.

Cheers! Any tips would really help. I made a post in the OT

CloudWolf

These games really aren't as difficult as the games media makes them out to be. If you've played The Witcher 3 on higher difficulties, you can probably handle stuff like Souls and Bloodborne fine.

shimon

Like people said difficulty of these games is SO overblown. I remember having second thoughts about starting Dark Souls for the first time bc of the stuff I read online.

Now it's one of my favorite "genres" in gaming.

DPB

I'm really bad at games, but I managed to finish all the Souls games except Demon's (I don't have a PS3) through sheer persistence. The Old Hunters (Bloodborne DLC) is about my absolute limit though, I did eventually get through it but it was an incredibly frustrating experience.

groansey

The begining shouldnt take longer than three hours with all these Tips that are around. I sucked ass when the game released and was the first Person worldwide to stream it on Hitbox.

How is searching for tips online, like some sort of "meta-tutorial" in ANY way better than the game having intuitive tutorials by design (optional for the purists)?

As soon as i managed to best the first real boss the game truely began and I got better myself. This is something which you wont find in many games and this is what people love about this series. Experiencing how you, the player, gets better himself with each fight and not because of stats but because you learn how to get good at the game and it rewards you unlike any other game.

I'm sorry but you're describing every game. This is how games work. You play, you get better. It's a feedback loop.
Usually they provide guidance to this end.
I got no positive feedback from BB - no sense of accomplishment at downing the Cleric Beast (compared to Castlevania bosses for example), just relief I didn't have to endure that again. For some people, that sensation might be addictive or rewarding, not for me.

Mendrox

How is searching for tips online, like some sort of "meta-tutorial" in ANY way better than the game having intuitive tutorials by design (optional for the purists)?

I'm sorry but you're describing every game. This is how games work. You play, you get better. It's a feedback loop.
Usually they provide guidance to this end.
I got no positive feedback from BB - no sense of accomplishment at downing the Cleric Beast (compared to Castlevania bosses for example), just relief I didn't have to endure that again. For some people, that sensation might be addictive or rewarding, not for me.

Let us stop. You don't really understand because you never really got to the real meat of the game. It's not like I am alone with my opinion. Cleric Beast is an optional boss.

Also no this is not how most games work. Most games give you different solutions (and cheap ways) if you don't know how to get past a challenge (grinding some levels for example) where as Bloodborne doesnt give a fuck if you are Level 100 at the begining. You will still die taking a few hits if you cannot dodge and know how to attack aggresively.

Just don't tell people that the game shouldn't be played just because you didn't learn to parry or run through enemies like the game teaches you.

If you don't look up tips online you will need about 2-3 hours (or even more if you are impatient like me when the game was new) as a new Soulsborne player (without having played any of these clones released or the Souls games). If you get frustrated and look up what's the deal with the begining, you wouldn't even need 20 minutes.

OP should just get both. They are both cheap now.

Edit: oh you did! nice purchase :D

Can't go wrong with either. I think Bloodborne is the best PS4 game but Nioh might just be the second best. I platinumed both and cannot recommend them enough. Both games start out a little hard though.

Nioh got the best combat in the biz and runs at 60 FPS, Bloodborne is better at virtually everything else. I think overall they're almost equally good.

Thorrgal

The only "problem" I had with BB is that at the start,
we missed the shortcut to the first boss, so every time we wiped we had to clear the whole level again lol

I think that made me love the game even more after the fact, though

Just saying, if u get frustrated to the point of wanting to quit just read this spoiler. But not before

Soar

OP did the best thing and bought both so kudos. BB is great for the atmosphere and Nioh is brilliant for the combat and the Japan folklore historical setting. Enjoy and don't hesitate to visit the OTs for help. I got frustrated early on with Nioh being my first souls-like game and the advice I got basically opened the floodgates to others in the series. Now I play nothing else except GTS. :)

Caramello

Bloodborne was my first Souls-like game and very much like you, I had previously avoided Souls due to the perceived difficulty.

Jump in. Take the leap, give yourself a good three hours to just play. You will die, probably a lot, however you will constantly build on your understanding of the mechanics and the world and eventually what seemed difficult will be easy for you.

Trust me and many others when we say that you won't regret it if you give yourself the time to learn.

Edit: I see that the OP bought both. Enjoy, they're both fantastic.

ExInferus

for me the combat is amazing in these games but I could never get into them regardless.

It's not the difficulty, it's the lack of reasonable checkpoint/save system that made it a chore for me, fueled by trial&error game design.
And then seeing all those streams and videos where people just rush to their corpse after dying,skipping all the mobs and everything, just makes me question : what's the point of that system then? Punishing? I call it tedious.

for me the combat is amazing in these games but I could never get into them regardless.

It's not the difficulty, it's the lack of reasonable checkpoint/save system that made it a chore for me, fueled by trial&error game design.
And then seeing all those streams and videos where people just rush to their corpse after dying,skipping all the mobs and everything, just makes me question : what's the point of that system then? Punishing? I call it tedious.

What? Checkpoint in Souls games is just like Symphony of the Night. What's wrong with that?

You don't restart when you die either, you just revive on the bonfire/lamp. It's how the game works, time doesn't rewind when you die.

Top Bottom