• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies hitting the West [Digital Only Confirmed]

Nemesis_

Tweeted the Capcom community manager about it. Digital only confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Brelston/status/333980516015538178

This is Ace Attorney 5, by the way.

ibrRpKdtd0OOm1.gif

PR was just dropped into my inbox.

London, UK. — May 13, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ - Dual Destinies will be available to purchase digitally on Nintendo 3DS™ across Europe and North America in Autumn 2013.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, previously announced for the West as Ace Attorney™ 5, sees the return of courtroom hero Phoenix Wright. Set eight years since his last appearance in the courts, the first case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies sees the action start in a destroyed court room. It’s down to Phoenix Wright and his team at the Wright Anything Agency to discover the cause of the destruction. Players will have to battle it out in court against Gaspen Payne, the younger brother of Winston Payne from previous Ace Attorney titles, as they defend the accused.

The much loved gameplay and features from previous titles in the Ace Attorney™ series return but for the first time in stunning 3D graphics, bringing the courtroom and characters to life and putting players directly in the heart of the action. Players will need to investigate each crime scene with the dynamic 3D visuals now making it possible to change views and zoom in on areas to uncover any hidden evidence or clues. In the court room the drama continues as players present their evidence, challenge witnesses and begin to unravel the truth behind each of the cases in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -Dual Destinies.

Joining Phoenix is the young Attorney Apollo Justice and new Associate Attorney Athena Cykes. Athena’s unique ability to psychoanalyse witnesses introduces a brand new element to proceedings. Using Athena’s ‘Mood Matrix’ players can detect the emotional state of a witness and tell whether they’re surprised, angry, happy or sad. Players can compare these feelings with the statement given by the witness, point out any contradictions between the two and challenge the witness testimony.

For the latest trailer, screenshots and artwork for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies visit the Capcom Europe Press Site www.capcomeuro-press.com

Confirmed by Capcom America just then too

SAN MATEO, Calif. — May 13, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ - Dual Destinies will be available to purchase digitally on Nintendo 3DS™ across Europe and North America in Fall 2013.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, previously announced for the West as Ace Attorney™ 5, sees the return of courtroom hero Phoenix Wright. Set eight years since his last appearance in the courts, the first case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies sees the action start in a destroyed court room. It’s down to Phoenix Wright and his team at the Wright Anything Agency to discover the cause of the destruction. Players will have to battle it out in court against Gaspen Payne, the younger brother of Winston Payne from previous Ace Attorney™ titles, as they defend the accused.

Announcement Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAPlAzB38uU

The trailer also mentions this, though for some reason I feel like "retail version" refers to the final version of the game rather than a boxed copy.

00nNnPP.png

jS7lC5z.jpg

I guess Europe means a PAL release?

Tigel

Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ - Dual Destinies will be available to purchase digitally on Nintendo 3DS™ across Europe and North America in Autumn 2013.

What, no physical release?

Moonlight

Banned
Being digital only would be a fucking humongous kick in the nuts. I'm hoping it's just an omission.

I mean, I'll buy it anyways, but as if there were a better way to guarantee that AA5 would sink.

Digital only means no one will ever actually own this game, Nintendo.
Nintendo's not the one responsible for this decision. It's all on Cacpcom.

Sendou

Autumn? Niceeee

I'm sorry for retail only guys though.

Any chance it's going to be budget priced due to being digital-only?

I could see $30 happening but anything lower than that? Hell no. It sells to enthusiastics and they are prepared to pay.

Alrus

You guys are going to pass on a game you're really excited about just because it's digital only? :/

Instantly bought the second it's out, I'm so happy this is coming after we never got AAI 2.

Edgeward

I am not against DD only but I am not for buying stuff on nintendo digital store til it's account based. Sad times for me

Paskil

Being digital only would be a fucking humongous kick in the nuts. I'm hoping it's just an omission.

I mean, I'll buy it anyways, but as if there were a better way to guarantee that AA5 would sink.

Nintendo's not the one responsible for this decision. It's all on Cacpcom.

Maybe, but Nintendo is responsible for me not buying games from the eshop. All on them here, imo.

Top Bottom