• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Don't delude yourself, company > self is the dynamic in every wrestling promotion. And we're talking about Tanahashi here, not Shibata. And we're talking about a bicep injury here, not a concussion or shredded knee or fucked spine. Also, all we've gone on are multiple reports of varying severity with no way to discern which is the most up to date and which is most in the know.

Literally nothing I've read says it isn't a full tear.

He wants to risk deformity that's his choice but I don't have to bloody clap for it.

Foggy

Literally nothing I've read says it isn't a full tear.

He wants to risk deformity that's his choice but I don't have to bloody clap for it.

Feel free not to, but he risks a lot worse than arm deformity every time he goes out and wrestles. He's had a bad shoulder and bad back for a long time now. Ego > self is how these guys get to this level. Now I definitely have a limit for what I can stomach when guys put their physical well-being on the line, but I'm not going to wring my hands over exacerbating a bicep injury that he will have had 4 weeks to rehab.

Bronx-Man

Banned
forget Twin Peaks, when are we getting Twin Freaks
petey-1462108557-800.jpg

Feel free not to, but he risks a lot worse than arm deformity every time he goes out and wrestles. He's had a bad shoulder and bad back for a long time now. Ego > self is how these guys get to this level. Now I definitely have a limit for what I can stomach when guys put their physical well-being on the line, but I'm not going to wring my hands over exacerbating a bicep injury that he will have had 4 weeks to rehab.

Surely the difference between everyday risk of a healthy person wrestling and someone wrestling with a torn bicep...

You try to be nice to people
giphy.gif

Are you stereotyping me?

What because I'm from Canada you expect me to be nice...

Huh do ya?

You know what happens when you talk about nice around a Canadian?

Do ya?

Fantomex you...

lance.gif

But seriously...

HIAC-11.gif

Enjoy your long weekend <3 :)

Slizz

Realize Punk is probably getting paid by MTV but his 'winning's on the show all go to charity. Not completely terrible.

MORE PROGRESS TODAY

Day 2 card:

2nd Round:
Jack Sexsmith vs Zack Sabre Junior
2nd Round:
Travis Banks vs Flamita
2nd Round:
Tyler Bate vs Mark Haskins
2nd Round:
Matt Riddle vs Jeff Cobb
Pete Dunne
& Trent Seven vs Pastor William Eaver & David Starr
London Riots vs
Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews

PROGRESS Women's Championship: Toni Storm vs Jinny vs Laura Di Matteo

Menome

Zach, I may give in and watch Episodes 3 & 4 this evening from a less-legal source. Plans for tonight are cancelled, whereas I may now be busy tomorrow evening.

Then the spoiler-talk can finally commence over in the OT.

Zach, I may give in and watch Episodes 3 & 4 this evening from a less-legal source. Plans for tonight are cancelled, whereas I may now be busy tomorrow evening.

How have you not watched episode 3 and 4?

I've watched them all 3 times now, but I do have a problem.

Finally finished all of the Twin Peaks binge. Gooooooooooooooooddamn.

Bronx, my dude, stop what you're doing and watch Fire Walk With Me. Lots of tie-in with the new series, and it's great.

You can absolutely tell the character of someone based on whether they liked or disliked FWWM.

Zach

I'm excited for you to watch, whenever you watch. Over the last few days, I've rewatched season one and the first episode of season two. So much fun.

Top Bottom