• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo adds "Onett Times": EarthBound Announcement community to Miiverse.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm astonished on how good Earthbound is, lastRPG I liked that much was FF VI.

Once I'm done with it, I'll want more.
Mother 3 please :)

Riki

Nope, they're pretty average. Just grossly overrated.

Earthbound is definitely the most fun and unique RPG I've ever played. The writing and enemies are fantastic, and the world really feels like it's offering the player something. It may be overrated, but it's far from average.

Sacul64

Banned
Unfamiliar with Miiverse - do these exist for every Nintendo franchise?

If so, not suprised. It's a page for the game's community & posts not directly related to the game itself.

If not... new Earthbound incoming?

All WiiU games get a community, Earthbound got one when it launched. This is a 2nd one specifically for Earthbound related announcements. What else could they announce now that it is out other then Earthbound 2/Mother 3?

ivysaur12

Banned
Jesus-Camp-Dino.gif

Itoi's message was amazing. Just amazing. He thanks us for everything, but I thank HIM for what he's done. Earthbound is one of the most incredible gaming experiences I had in my life (25+ years of gaming so far).

About an announcement... I won't get hyped. I can't. The disappointment would be incredibly frustrating.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This very well could just be for the developers to post messages about the game.

But I'll choose to be optimistic and expect a Mother 3 localization (and I think there is a decent chance we see some sort of compilation or remake announced next year for all territories).

That message was so pleasant. I love Itoi's writing style. Anyways, I'm hoping for a Mother release on 3DS, I'd love to see 2 or 3 released on it. I'm not expecting anything yet, though.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hey didn't Nintendo announced GBA games for the Wii U VC recently?

Just watch, Mother 3 is going to be one of the first games.

Rafaelcsa

For the first time. For the very first time, my hopes have been raised that announcements for this series are on the horizon.

I don't expect Mother 4, but I'd shed a tear if Mother 3 was localised and offered on Virtual Console. We've heard that they're localising Mystery of Murasame Castle for VC, so there is precedent, albeit of an entirely different scale.

Is the bolded really true? First time I hear that.

Duster

Mr Saturn/Rope Snake based eshop game!

Although that sounded sarcastic I genuinely think there's enough potential in those characters to support their own game(s).

Earthbound has already got the biggest Virtual Console Miiverse community, it's pretty impressive. Why the hell not release Mother 1 and 3 too, it's easy money and would generate some much needed goodwill.

Riki

Earthbound has already got the biggest Virtual Console Miiverse community, it's pretty impressive. Why the hell not release Mother 1 and 3 too, it's easy money and would generate some much needed goodwill.

And set the way for Mother 4, coming soon to a WiiU near you. [/dream]

Galang

Banned
Okay now this is pretty interesting. For once I actually wholeheartedly believe something has to be coming considering there's not really anything they could possibly announce...Hopefully it's Mother 3! Only one I haven't been able to play so far.

Cranzor

Itoi has said that Mother 3 was his last one. I'm pretty sure he said he'd like to see someone else take a shot at a new one, though.

So that's important to keep in mind regarding any new games.

Neiteio

*Neiteio emerges from Dark Souls to post in a non-Dark Souls thread*

WOW. I can't imagine what this might be, if not a vehicle to announce Mother 3 in English. I -really- hope that is the case. I mean, the more cynical interpretation would be they're seeing results with EB and this is just part of their prolonged marketing campaign, but hopefully the (no doubt excellent) sales are proving to them that the one-time cost of localization for Mother 3 would continue to pay huge dividends down the road.

lettermassing

Neo Member
I couldn't help but imagine how great an Earthbound game for Wii U with the same visual style as Pikmin 3 would be whilst playing it today.

Ein Bear

I've never played any of the Mother games. Out of interest, how come everyone is always super hyped and begging for Earthbound (which I understand is Mother 2?) and Mother 3? Is the first game not very good, or something? The only reason I haven't bought Earthbound off the Virtual Console yet is because I haven't played the first one.

Top Bottom