• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UI Demo (non-crappy Gamescom camera edition)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
fbBECgY.jpg

Thankfully here's some better footage of the opening of the Gamescom conference that showcases the UI demo. I don't have to squint to see the postage stamp sized screen anymore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaPoLJyDZmM&sns=tw

edit: 60fps clear footage from Gamersyde, a must see:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77392108&postcount=105

Spinluck

Nice, these consoles seem pretty future proof as far as the OS footprint goes.

That pic of Shu could be used in quite a few scenarios, mainly GIFs.

SoulUnison

Banned
I really thought that was a shopped picture of Kim Jong Il.

Anyway, this looks like a good step forward from the XMB.

Falcs

Banned
Looks pretty meh, if I'm being completely honest. So much crap on the screen.
Although no ads is pretty good.

Rashid

Banned
Kim Jong Il never died, he just left north Korea to save Sony with his based armchair powers. But yeah, OP the video isn't available for me and I live in the UK.

UI looks slick, simple and well organized. The OS seems fast and snappy. Looks like Sony learned a lot from the Vita OS.

Looks really good.

libregkd

The only real thing I want to know about the UI now is how you will be able to organize all your crap. I think its safe to assume folders will be available, but I just don't want all my digital games to be haphazardly thrown onto my screen.

I am liking the UI so far however. Looks slick and snappy.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Only saw bits and pieces of the show and missed this. If that's how easy and quick it is in reality then goddamn.

love it, and i'm also impressed by the environment detail in the KZ footage. (lol at everyone restraining themselves from shooting him though)

i think the OS looks intuitive and it functions like i assumed it would. still curious about how we'll organize stuff though.

ckohler

The only real thing I want to know about the UI now is how you will be able to organize all your crap. I think its safe to assume folders will be available, but I just don't want all my digital games to be haphazardly thrown onto my screen.

I am liking the UI so far however. Looks slick and snappy.

I would assume that what appears on the menu bar is a history of what you done from left to right. Every time you launch a game or app, it goes to the head of the list on the left (after the PSN icon). The down arrow on the far right of the list is probably to access a full list of all other games and apps you have installed.

Seems straight forward.

wmlk

Not really XMB, though. There was nothing "cross" about that. A horizontal menu with options leading to another horizontal menu with options.

LCfiner

I liked the UI. clean and it puts all your content first - not content that Sony wants you to buy. excellent.

If that quick time from watching live video to playing the game is representative of reality (even if it’s twice that long) it’ll be pretty neat

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Are we really going to be able to skip splash screens joining MP matches? o_0

Looks good, mix of XMB plus the new "make everything huge" UI design everyone seems to use nowadays.

Why doesn't Vita have this UI instead of the shitty bubbles which make it look like a fisher price toy? Sigh...

Top Bottom