• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE GLOWFLY ROUNDS!? On Spawning Grounds of all places!?

Just gather on that platform next to the egg catcher and all of the enemies will funnel in. Fire at that ramp and none of them can touch you! And we'll be swimming with eggs with the catcher directly next to us! We never need to break formation! Stop jumping off the platform to get one fuckshitdamn worthless egg!

I just can't wrap my head around how it's this late into the game and people still can't grasp these basic ideas.... I need a break.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
One of the things I like about S1 these days is you don't come across bad players often, high-lvl bad players in particular. Though high lvl in S1 does not signify much to boot nowadays. It's just that people there, from teens to 50's, are simply sane. With minor exceptions (I'm looking at you, constantly-sub-400p-inked 31st lvl guy).

Anyway, just wanted to say Kelp Dome is a jewel of a map, and I can finally enjoy it in S2. And Moray is every bit as great as it originally was, and provokes some super inventive tactics, in offence as well as in defence.

Koren

They really should add more ranks to SR. Profreshional is clearly failing to filter out bad players.
The thing that filters the players pretty well is the multiplier. Once you reach 230+, there's really really few bad players. The problem is that it get reset at each SR, and the 200>230 road is a bit to random.

The Grizzco Blaster. It's amazing.
Yes, that's a wonderful weapon. I like the random allotment, too, but sometimes it's strange (I got Splat roller, Carbon roller, Slosher and Tri-slosher once IIRC... Also got 2 chargers and a splattling in the same wave...)

Had one game where I found the Goldie on literally the first shot every time. We ended up getting like 30 eggs.
Yes, that feel good. The best I got is a wave like that at high tide, and spawning in the nearest one most of the time. We got 34, and I didn't thought it was possible on this wave.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think that if you don't like it, you hate it.

The only issue I have with the current set of maps is the lack of variety compared to S1. I especially think Musselforge and Sturgeon are far, far too similar.

What? They're not similar at all. Sturgeon is closer to Mainstage than Musselforge.

Musselforge is a clone of Humpback (or vice versa), not Sturgeon.

Koren

What? They're not similar at all. Sturgeon is closer to Mainstage than Musselforge.

Musselforge is a clone of Humpback (or vice versa), not Sturgeon.
I disagree, but I guess it's a matter of feeling (possibly of weapons, too)

13ruce

Banned
I think I prefer random weapons for Salmon Run over the set weapons that they've been doing until now.
Same hopefully this happens regulary it's awesome and that slecial weapon should be a random give in all runs imo.

Als damn Kelp Dome is back today already!? Awesome hopefully they add a new band for music soon the current band is getting boring imo it needs variety.....

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Had one game where I found the Goldie on literally the first shot every time. We ended up getting like 30 eggs.
Had a similar round except I'm pretty sure we had two Grizzco Blasters and it was high tide. Over 40 eggs delivered.

HeroR

Does no one understand how to do the zombie rush? You stay in one place and let the zombies come to you. Not spread out like Scooby Doo.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Does no one understand how to do the zombie rush? You stay in one place and let the zombies come to you. Not spread out like Scooby Doo.

I spam the "THIS WAY" for like a full minute until everyone figures it out and we have 4/4 together.

J@hranimo

Banned
WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE GLOWFLY ROUNDS!? On Spawning Grounds of all places!?

Just gather on that platform next to the egg catcher and all of the enemies will funnel in. Fire at that ramp and none of them can touch you! And we'll be swimming with eggs with the catcher directly next to us! We never need to break formation! Stop jumping off the platform to get one fuckshitdamn worthless egg!

I just can't wrap my head around how it's this late into the game and people still can't grasp these basic ideas.... I need a break.

Imagine if there was some way you could tell your teammates how to do that with some sort of voice chat...I bet that would help.

Doorman

By the way is it just me, or does it feel like the encounter rate for "find the Goldie" waves in this particular Samon Run was turned up? I'm used to making it up to 1200p and both superbonuses with running into that wave maybe once or twice on average. Going through last night, though, I swear we got it like 5 or 6 times. I could just chalk it up as coincidence but the increase of it was definitely notably higher than any other time I've played.

Koren

By the way is it just me, or does it feel like the encounter rate for "find the Goldie" waves in this particular Samon Run was turned up? I'm used to making it up to 1200p and both superbonuses with running into that wave maybe once or twice on average. Going through last night, though, I swear we got it like 5 or 6 times. I could just chalk it up as coincidence but the increase of it was definitely notably higher than any other time I've played.
It's you (or rather random fluctuations)... I'm at 1600, and I haven't got a single "find the Goldie" wave this time.

Koren

3 high tides is bullshit and should never happen
High tide is best Salmon run, I'm all for 3x high tide ;)

Imagine if there was some way you could tell your teammates how to do that with some sort of voice chat...I bet that would help.
I'm not sure... I can only imagine what voice chat would be and I would probably turn it off after the first run.

It's already annoying when someone not only guard an egg, which is a stupid thing to do, but spam "here" for half the wave.

It's not during a wave that you should learn how to play. And more, people may have different opinions about what you should do. You know how it'll turn out. I don't want anyone to tell me to target a flyfish.

Jims

Spawning Grounds + High Tide + E-Liter 3K. Really really fun when you're able to hit your shots. Had one recently that spawned a lot of Steel Eels and Steelheads and kept picking them off for the team... Was pretty easy to stand there, revive people, and manage the round. Later, had a round where I kept missing and we got overwhelmed immediately, lol.

Also, after playing a lot of Lost Outpost, Spawning Grounds feels like easy mode. Could just be the Grizzco Blaster, though.

Biske

The random weapons is fun, but I played for like an hour and a half and got the Grizzco Blaster once, and it was so brutally hard cause of the random shenanigans, we got wiped fairly quickly...

h0tp0ck3t

Me: Finally one more win till Fresh with the Hero Brella!
Game: HAHAHA FUCK YOU

vWMRVXR.jpg

WHOOO finally did it! Praise Jeebus

Ogodei

These third rounds are killing me. Even the game knows they're BS and won't demote me.

It never will

Round 1 Loss = lose 20 points
Round 2 loss = lose 10 points
Round 3 loss = lose 0 points
Win = gain twenty points.

Unless you rank or de-rank, in which case you start at 40 either way (so de-ranking is really a net loss of 60 points, ranking a net gain of 40)

13ruce

Banned
That new Salmon Run "wonderweapon" is so fuckin sick i hope it gets added to regular shedules after gettig it a handfull of times i love it.

Really should be a random give out during any Salmon Run game.

And that kelp dome stage is lit AF.
My Splatoon 1 level 50 Progress is going mighty fine aswell.

Koren

Round 1 Loss = lose 20 points
Round 2 loss = lose 10 points
Round 3 loss = lose 0 points
Win = gain twenty points.

Unless you rank or de-rank, in which case you start at 40 either way (so de-ranking is really a net loss of 60 points, ranking a net gain of 40)
Unless I'm mistaken, those 60 include the points losts (if you're at 0, you finish at 40) but the 40 when you rank don't include them (if you're at 80, you finish at 40, so it's +60)

Branduil

that new Grizzco Blaster and random weapons
still. this salmon run went pretty bad for me. so many last moment failures

I literally had a game where it was a wave 3 mothership round, we got enough eggs, but not enough people could get back to the egg basket in time and shoot off the mothership before it put us 1 below the quota. One person still had an egg but couldn't get back to the basket in time. So fucking frustrating.

Ogodei

I've been doing well with this setup, though there were some close calls like with a Splatterscope Mothership round (the narrow field of view does not help with the way those drones move around). Finally capped out at Profreshional 100 for the first time.

Had more trouble with this Rainmaker setup, but i crossed the line in A+ at least.

One match where i was able to grab the rainmaker in the initial engagement and the enemy wasn't paying attention at all (as so often both teams are focused on trying to gain initiative by winning the initial firefight before taking the rainmaker), and got all the way to 4 points to go before they managed to catch me. Which was lucky, because they were the better team otherwise and we never got as far as they did (to 44 points) in our subsequent attempts, but one failed spot-check cost them the match.

Branduil

It's so fucking frustrating how you can spend such a long time getting a win and then instantly lose it the next game with a bullshit high tide round.

watershed

Banned
I'm so glad Kelp Dome is back. Splatoon 2 still needs greater level variety especially since so many stages seem to follow the same box-like structure.

Had a frustrating night. Lots of loses in the 1-5 point range on TC and rainmaker. Always had a positive kill to death ratio but shit teammates ruined it. Didn't derank, just stayed in the same S+ bracket. I played really well tonight but couldn't climb higher. Oh well.

Koren

It almost makes up for all the rounds where you get multiple rollers/chargers.
Those just make rounds more challenging... I don't think I'd like the random allotment as much if you didn't get sometimes an awful set. Passing the wave feels so good in those cases.

Jackpot!

WYiakco.png

I really hope we can earn that as a Salmon Run reward in the future. It's probably trash for Turf War but could be fun as an ambush weapon.

This has been a terrible morning. I've been to musselforge 7 times in a row and lost 7 times in a row. The loses wouldn't be so bad if there was some variety.

Top Bottom