• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jimbe is a coward and a liar. The Strawhats already have both. Carrot only tells the truth and doesn't afraid of anything. #Carrot2017.

Anth0ny

Jimbe is a coward and a liar. The Strawhats already have both. Carrot only tells the truth and doesn't afraid of anything. #Carrot2017.

why not both?

damn we know by the time the straw hats get to raftel they're gonna have a huuuuuuuuge fucking fleet that will include the mink tribe and probably a bunch of other friends they've met along the way.

Spinx

CROC-BOI APPEARS OMG GAWD!

giphy.gif

Chapter's out.

It's pretty short too but there's no break next week.

Not so subtlely hinting that Katakuri will forsee the plan
or he'll compleletly fuck up as a twist

Nightbird

It was a losing situation from the very beginning going to Big Mom to tell her he wants to leave. He knows what people that defect get but he goes to ask for her....blessing I suppose to leave. If she refused to just let him go he knows there's gonna be punishment. He runs away from the punishment and just defects anyway. The obvious thing would be just defecting without telling her but he ran away from a punishment he knew would come by his actions. He didn't oppose her to her face, he just backed out, ran away, and opposed her behind her back.

Well, I think since we now know the full extent of Big Moms Punishment, it makes sense that Jinbei ran away from it.

He's not the kind of guy who would let others die for his decisions.

caliph95

Is it me or does he kind of looks like a JoJo character.
Hell he even has Joseph "Your next line is" as a skill.
Edit: fixed my mistake with JoJos

GhostBed

Fuuuuuck that was an amazing chapter. I love this underworld character dump, all these new characters look cool as hell.

I can see why Oda saved Katakuri for last. Dude is a total fucking badass and looks to be the strongest of the commanders. Would give Luffy a real damn challenge.

Tea Party is feeling about as chaotic as I hoped it would. Hype rising...!

Dude dogtooth is looking savage as hell. Who the hell is taking out that dude. Of course in one piece fashion he apparently uses jelly beans lmao

Smoothie just made half the party drink a giraffe.. I'm disturbed.

Can we talk about that lady from the "pleasure Quarter " who's name is Stussy" wink wink oda

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Big One

Banned
Oda is absolutely killing it this arc in character designs and this chapter is no exception. He makes tributes to Big Bird and Mad Max in the same chapter, lol

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Dude dogtooth is looking savage as hell. Who the hell is taking out that dude. Of course in one piece fashion he apparently uses jelly beans lmao

Smoothie just made half the party drink a giraffe.. I'm disturbed.

Can we talk about that lady from the "pleasure Quarter " who's name is Stussy" wink wink oda
Well she's the head of the red light district and stussy is a perfectly upstranding name.

SaniOYOYOY

Dogtooth looks totally incredible, i take it he is the strongest beside the captain like ben beckman,marco,and rayleigh.

Makes me wonder for the real second man in kaido's pirate, perhaps he will be called king (jack queen king)?

Edit: and obligatory : "I was once saw a man kill another man in a party using a jellybean, a fucking jellybean"

Big One

Banned
Dogtooth looks totally incredible, i take it he is the strongest beside the captain like ben beckman,marco,and rayleigh.

Makes me wonder for the real second man in kaido's pirate, perhaps he will be called king (jack queen king)?
There was an Oda notebook that had "Jack, Queen, King" written on it shown a while back, so yeah that's probably it. Jack being Kaido's weakest commander is bonkers. Of course Luffy already took down Joker. Maybe Commander Snack was like Big Mom's equivalent to Doflamingo only Urouge took him out before Luffy was able to.

Majukun

so,the underworld in the onepiece universe involves

prostitution
organ trade
corpses disposal (?)
and a network managed by a guy who is in charge of the shipment and one that it's in charge of the storage.

plus we have

weapons trafficking/devil fruit trafficking

quite the bouquet of criminal activities

Big One

Banned
so,the underworld in the onepiece universe involves

prostitution
organ trade
corpses disposal (?)
and a network managed by a guy who is in charge of the shipment and one that it's in charge of the storage.

plus we have

weapons trafficking/devil fruit trafficking

quite the bouquet of criminal activities
I'm still curious what were all those silhouettes about back in Punk Hazard.

Death flags waving around the shark... muhahaha

Kinda weird Oda focuses on that so much.

This arc might just have my favorite character designs. It's so over the top in the best possible way. Gangsters, and mobsters are all decked out in the craziest fashion.

After introducing Katakuri... no way is Big Mom being taken out this arc. We need fights with her commanders and in no way are the Strawhats fighting them with only half a crew.

Big One

Banned
My guess is the underworld brokers back in Punk Hazard are just random subordinates of other crews and these guys at the Tea Party are like their version of big wigs. Afterall Jack, Tamago, and Pekoms was a part of those silhouettes (Jack was only mentioned by name though).

The horned guys are probably part of Kaido's crew, and the more chillax guys like the dude in the cowboy hate and the headphones might be part of Shanks' crew.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Loving Katakuri and his Guts look (I'm not calling him "Dogtooth" until we get Viz's take)

Bege really should have realized he would be here too. He's the wrench in the plan.

The underworld criminals look important, since they got the whole "English name intro" thing. Also, CANDY ESCALATOR

I'm guessing Smoothie's Devil Fruit allows her to turn anything into a drink. What would a giraffe drink even taste like?

Big One

Banned
Loving Katakuri and his Guts look (I'm not calling him "Dogtooth" until we get Viz's take)

Bege really should have realized he would be here too. He's the wrench in the plan.

The underworld criminals look important, since they got the whole "English name intro" thing. Also, CANDY ESCALATOR

I'm guessing Smoothie's Devil Fruit allows her to turn anything into a drink. What would a giraffe drink even taste like?
His official English name is Katakuri according to the dialogue so far. Remember hsi name has been thrown around a lot for weeks now.

Kreed

One Piece 860:

Definitely liking Strider Dogtooth's design. His Haki ability is definitely going to mess up Bege's plans some how (I can see Luffy being immune to this since he's so random). And with Big News Morgan being among the guest, we now we know how news of Luffy and Bege's plan will get out to everyone. I'm guessing we'll have one or two more chapters before the plan finally gets moving/the chaos begins.

Well, those underworld bosses all seem like a bunch of very pleasant people.

Katakuri seems like he'll be the guy most likely to see through Bege's plan. I wonder if he has any countermeasures for that.

BatDan

His official English name is Katakuri according to the dialogue so far. Remember hsi name has been thrown around a lot for weeks now.

I know he's been mentioned before.
But Stream used Katakuri before too, and now they're going with this name. So I'll wait.

Yeah I'm not convinced with the "Dogtooth" name either. All of Big Mom's kids have had names based on food/eating so far. The potato starch angle is much more likely.

Jigolo

Are those front page requests real? This weeks is so good lol and I haven't really noticed if they show up Shonen Jump weekly....

BatDan

Are those front page requests real? This weeks is so good lol and I haven't really noticed if they show up Shonen Jump weekly....

Yeah they've been happening for a while. I think Oda is doing them because he doesn't want to do the next cover story yet. Or he hasn't thought of one.
Like Zoro & Chopper on a chopper, or Hancock in a pool, or Usopp playing snake ring toss with Brook

Jigolo

Yeah they've been happening for a while. I think Oda is doing them because he doesn't want to do the next cover story yet. Or he hasn't thought of one.
Like Zoro & Chopper on a chopper, or Hancock in a pool, or Usopp playing snake ring toss with Brook

Yeah I've always noticed them on xxxxxxxxxxx site but I just checked and it's in the digital mag to.

Anyway, this chapter proves Oda's world building is unparalleled. I don't think anyone comes close in this department.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Boy, that opening scene was almost like Oda was directly addressing what we were discussing yesterday. How convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom