• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 18-24 | Not holding breath for PSASBR2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any way we could help you acquire a ride?

How much would it cost to buy a way for you to get there?

Uhh, honestly I would probably need my wheel chair, standing around all day is NOT an option for me though I could prob pop pain killers to get by. So with that said id prob feel most comfy straight up getting a ride and helping with gas. I just don't know anyone that would be swinging by my city on the way.

What if I help you get laid and buy/rent you a hooker at EVO? For one night only though I ain't that ballin.
LOL

Put_qistoptier_in_ncr

LOL :D

mtmGPMn.gif

sleepykyo

Sony wasted some cash for all those SFxT exclusives, I think they are done showcasing fighting games for a while.

They should stick with fighting games but be done with Capcom. Both Arkham Asylum and MK9 were fairly well recieved from Warner Bros. Tekken and SC are fairly decent from Namco. It is mostly Capcom and Sony that have a horrible outcome.

1. Microsoft (outbids them for RE and) has gotten exclusive content on RE5, ORC and RE6.

2. Despite MH's success on psp, Nintendo was able to negotiate exclusivity for it.

3. Capcom sells Sony on supporting SFxT, which is pointless given SF4 and MvC3 are noticeably worse on the PS3 while other fighting games are just slightly worse.

4. Something, something Capcom Five. Even worse Capcom tried to move every franchise off of Sony's platforms. eg. Code Veronica on Dreamcast, then RE4 (Capcom Five) on Gamecube, and Dino Crisis 3 on Xbox.

5. DmC Dante for PS All-Stars

6. RE for psp.

Sony executives have to realize that anytime Capcom comes for looking for money, it meant Nintendo and Microsoft passed on the deal, and that Capcom is frequently looking for opportunities to marginalize Sony's platforms.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/apr/19/namco-bandais-tekken-x-street-fighter-almost-10-complete/

Not sure where you get your confidence from, because according to this TxSF was less than 10% done back at April last year, if it's on a next gen console chances are lots of work would have to be done on it.
This has no bearing on whether it will be on next gen consoles. A year and a half is enough time for them to port over some models, add some fancy effects and call it a day. Conversely, it being shown at PlayStation Meeting doesn't mean it's necessarily going to
hit at launch.

They could go up there, show a TKxSF logo, announce they're going to be working on a next gen version that's release date is TBA and leave.

I don't think it will be shown because Harada and Ono are not in NY ATM and its too damn close to the actual announcement date now.

EDIT: beaten by Devil Trigger.

Dahbomb

Yea all they have to do is show some renders. Tekken 6 was unveiled with a fairly generic CG teaser of Jin punching air and shit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Goddamn that dude. Dude got massive balls or just don't care.

From what I gathered from the one time I was at a con he was at, it's the second one.

That or I somehow came across his clone that acts talks sounds and looks like him, though he was pretty loud and annoying when I was beating some people in marvel. They then kicked me off the machine after I won a few games and said to come back the next day for the tournament or some shit, didn't go though was too crowded and no place to sit. Plus one of my best friends I only get to see once a year was there so I said fuck that shit and hung out with them

Builds 2 meters and does 1.2 damage. Not bad at freaking all... But he uses ghost rider assist. Too bad we will never see this bad boy in a meaningful match.

I don't know shit about Dorm.. just gotta wait until Karst comes back I guess.

Champ's zoning with Dorm is so much more fun to watch than fucking Morrigan's bullet hell. You can clearly see that he picks the best option in every single situation or he dies. With Morrigan I feel like you can pick any fireball and you will be okay.

Ex: Not the end of the world if you use L fireball over H fireball (slant upwards) in Astral vision. However if you use the wrong pillars with Dorm, you can kiss your ass goodbye.

His Hawkeye zoning is no joke either... of course back by the stupids missiles.

Beckx

Anyone going to PAX East?

We have a pre-party, the day before..

Taking my son to PAX East this year - both of us would love to meet/watch Daigo. Still, assume by party you mean that this is more of an adult function and probably not somewhere to bring a really young (9) player?

I ate seaweed soup with tofu and chicken breast for breakfast. Upon reflection, I wish I mixed an egg in there as well.

To make this FG related, I assume Ryu would like this meal.

JeTmAn81

Uhh, honestly I would probably need my wheel chair, standing around all day is NOT an option for me though I could prob pop pain killers to get by. So with that said id prob feel most comfy straight up getting a ride and helping with gas. I just don't know anyone that would be swinging by my city on the way.

Out of curiosity, what general area/state are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom