• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setreal

Sebulon3k said:
Bane, N'aix, life steal theme. I'd like to see Alchemist though.

For some reason I'm really looking forward to N'aix. Maybe he just has a soft spot in my heart from the old days.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So, save for Lion, who would you guys recommend to player fairly new to DOTA (I've played
lol
a bit of HoN, but mainly stuck to supports)?

Lich is cool and not too hard. Most difficult thing with him specifically is just knowing when to shoot off your ultimate. That is, only do it when two or more enemies are close together and there are no creeps around.

Swag

Tomat said:
So, save for Lion, who would you guys recommend to player fairly new to DOTA (I've played
lol
Just play Rylai and come Matchmake with me and Pro.

rac

Banned
Tomat said:
lol
After playing a ton of witch slayer in hon lion just felt horrible to me, but yeah Lich is super easy to play. If you go into a mm with 3 or less pick a carry though because even if the two randoms go carry they won't be able to use them and they probably don't even know what a carry is.

we can be text chat buddy on mumble though, and my mic is on its way from china

oh i just assumed you got a key from hongaf. just messing with you anyways

dorkimoe

PuppetYuber said:

i heard you talking yesterday didnt i? Lies

My best game was with Lich so far, but probably because astro and pro

rac

Banned
PuppetYuber said:

When you guys are in dota 2 you always have enough for a 5 man mm anyways.

snack

Played my first DOTA 2 game today and told everyone on my team before hand that I was a complete nub. One person was chill enough to teach me some basic pointers while others mostly replied with "...".

Good times!

Davidion

Tomat said:
lol

As a fellow support scrub, I'd say Crystal Maiden and Zeus are both good ones to try.

MrKnives

snack said:
Played my first DOTA 2 game today and told everyone on my team before hand that I was a complete nub. One person was chill enough to teach me some basic pointers while others mostly replied with "...".

Good times!

... is the best response you could have hoped really. I'm surprised they didn't just start "noob"ng you :f Props for that one guy

Madouu

rac said:
After playing a ton of witch slayer in hon lion just felt horrible to me

* Weapons Ready * * Let's Dance *

Also I've seen someone complain about health bars not showing up for him during a game, it happened to me once. you can fix it by restarting the game.

Aesthet1c

Man I'm so bad at this game.. but having so much fun. I've been playing Juggernaut, AM, and Drow. Not sure if those are noob friendly characters. I want to start trying a Strength hero, was thinking about Sven since he destroys me with his stun, but is there a better option for someone learning the game?

x3r0123

Aesthet1c said:
Man I'm so bad at this game.. but having so much fun. I've been playing Juggernaut, AM, and Drow. Not sure if those are noob friendly characters. I want to start trying a Strength hero, was thinking about Sven since he destroys me with his stun, but is there a better option for someone learning the game?

skeleton king is the easiest and best noob friendly hero you can get, you can also try sven

Aesthet1c said:

I always felt that ranged heroes were easier to learn with. You can stand further away from the creep line so you aren't subjected to harassment as much, and it can be easier to last hit or deny. Then again, you get ganked much easier because you are squishy.

Spookie

Aesthet1c said:
I want to start trying a Strength hero, was thinking about Sven since he destroys me with his stun, but is there a better option for someone learning the game?

I started with Sven he's easy to pick up though, Skele King (not that other SK) is one button simple.

Milabrega

I'm not sure Crystal Maiden/Rylai is a good Support/range caster for new Dota people. Far too squishy and low damage + long attack animation timing makes last hitting a pain. Closest Dota 2 Hero to my favorite in LoL Morgana, just doesn't scale, farm or support nearly as well comparatively.

Out of all the supports I've played, I find Crystal Maiden the hardest. X:

I've played Dazzle, Tidehunter, Lich, uhhhh. More. I can't remember. Granted, I don't really like CM, so maybe that's why I find her harder.

It's not that he isn't viable. It's more that he's boring.* That's what I'm led to believe. I do know he's a mid, though, which, at least for me, is usually a turn-off when I try a new character. I want to play mid, but I'm not as good at it as most of my friends, so I tend to avoid it in order to avoid embarrassing myself.

*I haven't played him, but I probably never will.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Archie said:
People need to think about their items, or talk to the team and try and sort something out. Pipe on SK is just silly, and then Shadowblade rather than BKB against an ES/Rhasta. Also going BoT on Lich was pretty stupid also, could have grabbed a Mek. or something much more useful.

Oh well guess I can only focus on how I play.

Artanisix

SANJAY GONNA SANJAY

But yeah, Sanjay, you should at least talk to us about your items. I could have easily grabbed a pipe since I had a full hood already, and that would have opened up a slot for actual DPS items. Since you have lifesteal, damage = more hp. You don't really need items like hood or Vanguard on him.

Sanjay

Archie said:

Pipe for Zeus and Earthshaker, someone had to get it, and went Shadowblade to run the fuck away.

Also trying out different builds with heroes to see how it plays out.

conceptor said:
Sanjay was telling me to go Pipe on Huskar last night. Y/N????
lol

It shows up on a lot of guides for him. Situational item.

Anyone know why I randomly switch targets when using S key to delay auto-attacks for last hitting?

Even if I am hitting the closest target to me, my hero will still change to other targets at random.

x3r0123

PoorFate said:
Anyone know why I randomly switch targets when using S key to delay auto-attacks for last hitting?

Even if I am hitting the closest target to me, my hero will still change to other targets at random.

creeps move, they dont stand still all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom