• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Review Thread

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I'm so glad I got into the Persona series at just the right time. The first Persona game I played was P4 back in late 2015 and P3 in early 2016. I really only had to wait around a year or so for this game. I feel so bad for those who played P3 and P4 when they came out. That wait must have been unbearable.

oti

Banned
100 hours to complete?

giphy.gif

yeeeeeeeeahhh, I'm worried about that too

So 2017 is now one of the best gaming years confirmed. Persona 5, Nier and zelda to name a few just cements this year as being exceptional. Only concern seems to be the ending is a bit rushed but it's about the journey and apparently persona 5 delivers in that area really well.

Lunar15

It's real hard to follow up on a cult classic and retain the same magic. It sounds like P5 pulls it off for the most part.

ch298807

Now the real question is do I go for everything using a guide on I do two playthrough... I don't really look forward to puting 200+ hours on it but on the other hand going in blind... -_-

We need PenguinKnight to step up again. That dudes max social link guides are incredible.

RPGCrazied

This game won't have a world map right? Just like the other persona's I'm sure, but I wish they would change that aspect sometime. Its basically a point and click map to destinations.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Reviews, pretty much in line with the expectations...cant wait to play this one.

From the EGM review:

This sounds extremely disappointing. Maybe even thread-worthy :(

its a different culture. imposing American cultural norms on them is not going to work.

Whether or not this issue should have come up when translating the game for American audience's is a whole other issue.

Totakeke

This game won't have a world map right? Just like the other persona's I'm sure, but I wish they would change that aspect sometime. Its basically a point and click map to destinations.

It's a point and click map to destinations, and this time almost every point of interest (i.e. a single shop) has a fast travel option.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn another incredible game coming out in such a packed time period. I'm just digging into Nier Automata and haven't even really gotten into Yakuza 0 or Nioh. Hopefully I can beat Nier pretty quickly and jump into Persona 5 as I already own both Yakuza 0 and Nioh so job done on supporting the developers. Now just need to play all these games!

LotusHD

Banned
So 2017 is now one of the best gaming years confirmed. Persona 5, Nier and zelda to name a few just cements this year as being exceptional. Only concern seems to be the ending is a bit rushed but it's about the journey and apparently persona 5 delivers in that area really well.

2017 is lit!

iPFOazd.png

molnizzle

its a different culture. imposing American cultural norms on them is not going to work.

Whether or not this issue should have come up when translating the game for American audience's is a whole other issue.

They translated the game and are releasing it here so our cultural norms are absolutely applicable.

AHA-Lambda

I'm not disagreeing with those put off by the very long length, I am quite too, but this shouldn't be coming as a surprise.

Vinc

yeeeeeeeeahhh, I'm worried about that too

P3 and 4 take around 80 hours to complete. I just finished 4 Golden on vita last month and it felt like 20 hours. These games tend to be served by their extreme length, and they fly by super quickly. I understand your reluctance, I've been there myself, but I wouldn't deny myself a Persona game because of its length. The vast majority of the game has no difficulty since it's about managing your time and picking social activities, so it's more like a book or a season of TV than anything.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It seems kinda silly Laura (Jim) seemed to have knock points off - for not being on the Vita? Really?

P4 Golden was the first time for many to get into that series...100h in front of a big screen for such a massive JRPG def. an easier pill to swallow as a handheld title...for me and many others,

Top Bottom