• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

HashtagLapsed
(02-28-2017, 02:13 PM)
I'm listening to Review a Raw now while drinking some terrible, terrible Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.

Raw was just nothing. No highlights, nothing even particularly terrible, that I can recall. Just nothing. Cesaro vs Joe was ruined with an ad break and was pathetically short for what it should have been. Reigns music playing at the end was also pathetic.

Awful shit for a go home Raw.
TarpitCarnivore
(02-28-2017, 02:16 PM)
Watching clips from RAW and Cass cannot go long in the ring. His elbow drop looked really bad.
Jamie OD
(02-28-2017, 02:22 PM)

Originally Posted by HashtagLapsed

I'm listening to Review a Raw now while drinking some terrible, terrible Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.

Raw was just nothing. No highlights, nothing even particularly terrible, that I can recall. Just nothing. Cesaro vs Joe was ruined with an ad break and was pathetically short for what it should have been. Reigns music playing at the end was also pathetic.

The road to Wrestlemania is more like a treadmill sometimes.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(02-28-2017, 02:30 PM)
Bodyguard busted his ass against Miyahara
avengers23
Banned
(02-28-2017, 02:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Data West

Bodyguard busted his ass against Miyahara

It was probably the best match The Bodyguard has ever had. The crowd being hot for The Bodyguard really helped the match.
shaowebb
The Keeper and Holy Guardian of Captain Badass
(02-28-2017, 02:37 PM)
New thread?
Needs more Naito.
SallyIsNow
Banned
(02-28-2017, 02:38 PM)

Originally Posted by excelsiorlef

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna/201...broken-gimmick

TNA is claiming they own the Broken Matt Hardy gimmick :s

Oh boy.
FlammableD
Banned
(02-28-2017, 02:39 PM)
AHEM

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

[*] Your entry is your avatar. By submitting a wrestler into the Avatar Rumble, you are acknowledging that you will change your avatar to the avatar of the winning entrant and keep that avatar from the night of the Avatar Rumble - January 27th, 2017 - until the end of February 28th, 2017. Do not back out of the avatar change. This is a month plus one day, because it'll be easier for everyone to remember the deadline if it falls on the end of the month.

avengers23
Banned
(02-28-2017, 02:45 PM)

Originally Posted by FlammableD

AHEM

Anyone who abandons the bet early should be penalized with an avatar of Seph's choice.
HazySaiyan
Banned
(02-28-2017, 02:47 PM)

AHEM

Oh fuck... BRB!
Zach
(02-28-2017, 02:55 PM)
No one ever said WrassleGAF was an S-M-R-T people.
Empyrean Heaven
(02-28-2017, 02:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Jashobeam

so is Naito going to defend his belt at all for March? Didn't really see any potential feuds for him during Honor Rising. This is my first year following NJPW schedule, so they only defend every couple months right?

Yes, that's correct. If you go by last year's schedule, Naito's next defense won't be until May.

However, Naito has said he will enter the New Japan Cup (which is odd since he is a current heavyweight singles champion and thus ineligible) to defend his title and has promised to challenge Okada after the fact.
Heroman
Banned
(02-28-2017, 02:58 PM)

AHEM

I go by Japan time friend.
Zach
(02-28-2017, 03:01 PM)
Domino is an especially unattractive man.
imBask
Banned
(02-28-2017, 03:07 PM)
Alright let's read the RAW recap

Big Show vs. the Shining Stars

well alright
Sephzilla
(02-28-2017, 03:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Syder

LOL
SallyIsNow
Banned
(02-28-2017, 03:09 PM)
Zach is an juhbroknee
Sephzilla
(02-28-2017, 03:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Kurita

Fuck the Z-Man, we're free

technically we aren't free until tomorrow

Originally Posted by Heroman

I go by Japan time friend.

MY SENSES ARE DETECTING AN OPEN SPOT IN THE GWF TITLE RUMBLE!
wild wild rice
(02-28-2017, 03:11 PM)
Hey friends how was Ra-

Originally Posted by HashtagLapsed

Originally Posted by imbask

Alright let's read the RAW recap

well alright

...alrighty then. Guess I'll go ahead and finish Honor Rising night 1 tonight instead.
Sephzilla
(02-28-2017, 03:14 PM)
I'm actually hyped as fuck for GWF tomorrow. So many potential questions leading up to the show!
  • How many Zachy-To-Backy's will Sephzilla no sell?
  • How will the crowd react to either mystery wrestler?
  • Who will be champ?
  • Will GWF1 run long and cut into Beefy Knows Best's time slot?!
Kurita
(02-28-2017, 03:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

technically we aren't free until tomorrow

God damn it
excelsiorlef
(02-28-2017, 03:15 PM)

Originally Posted by wild wild rice

Hey friends how was Ra-

...alrighty then. Guess I'll go ahead and finish Honor Rising night 1 tonight instead.

Yeah Raw was infinitely skipable, maybe check out the Goldberg/Owens and the Rollins stuff on youtube... or don't neither were amazing.

Even the New Day's Tribute to the Bret Hart WCW Segment was horrible :(
Zach
(02-28-2017, 03:16 PM)

>_>
Sephzilla
(02-28-2017, 03:18 PM)
AAAWWWWWWWWWEEEEESSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEEEEEE

I CAME TO PLAY
Zach
(02-28-2017, 03:23 PM)
No Way Out 2007 is the worst. Little Bastard and Boogeyman and Boogeyman, Jr. Nonsensical, gross divaz segment. Michael Cole losing his voice so Jibble is talking more than ever. God.
slightconfuse
Banned
(02-28-2017, 03:32 PM)
Hearing Austin talk about psychology on today's podcast puts things into perspective about today's wrestlings. People don't think about things that they do.

Austin, Jake and Scott could teach a masters course on wrasslin
TarpitCarnivore
(02-28-2017, 03:34 PM)
Boogeyman was such a dumb, terrible gimmick. The match at 06 Rumble with JBL was just bad
Empyrean Heaven
(02-28-2017, 03:35 PM)
Here are the translated brackets for the NJC courtesy Reddit's EvanDeadlySins. Interestingly, no Naito.

Tanahashi/EVIL looks like it could very well be an upset, I can see this being the start of Tana's typical Spring feud when he gives the rub to a lower card talent but of course wins in the end because Tana.

Honma/Roa Well, this match is going to suck. Honma needs a good opponent to have a good match and it isn't fucking Tanga Roa. Honma wins.

Elgin/Fale It's a Vince wet dream match! NJPW loves to put over Fale in these first round matches so I say he beats Elgin.

Yano/Tonga: Yano wins in his typical Yano way. Probably will be short.

Shibata/Suzuki: FUCK YES GIVE IT TO ME!!! This is going to be stiff as fuck and I will love every minute. Suzuki will win but this is going to be absolutely beautiful.

Juice vs. Yujiro: Well, this probably won't be very good, but Juice is entertaining enough. Juice wins.

Ishii vs. Omega OH HELL YES!!! Again, this should be an excellent match, I can see Meltzer already licking his lips and getting his stars ready. Omega is my pick to win the tournament so I think he takes it but this is gonna be GOOD.

YOSHI-HASHI/SANADA Nice that somebody at NJPW remembered this feud existed. SANADA wins to reignite the feud and give us SANADA/Omega in the second round which should also be quite good.

Anyway, here's hoping we get Omega/Suzuki in the semifinals. This NEEDS to happen.
TarpitCarnivore
(02-28-2017, 03:38 PM)
Big Mike Elgin vs Matt Riddle for the Atlas championship is up on Progress OnDemand
slightconfuse
Banned
(02-28-2017, 03:39 PM)
The best thing about boogyman was that he was committed to the gimmick 100%.

Court Bauer told a story how when he went to the hospital after a match he refused to take the paint off because he didn't want people to see his face.

Also wore a mask back stage to protect the gimmick
jmdajr
(02-28-2017, 03:42 PM)
Can't believe it's Mania once again.

HHH can still get a cool entrance right?
Roland_Gunner
(02-28-2017, 03:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Empyrean Heaven

Here are the translated brackets for the NJC courtesy Reddit's EvanDeadlySins. Interestingly, no Naito.

I think New Japan is trying to get their champs out of the Cup since the winner gets to make a challenge. Got to have enough stars left to make the field left though.

Yano/Tonga: Yano wins in his typical Yano way. Probably will be short.

This would be a good time to give Tama Tonga a win. Yano is always going to be Yano. A win or loss isn't going to make a difference and Tama could become the #2 BC guy.

Also kinda surprised that Davy Boy Smith Jr isn't in the Cup. The Suzuki-gun return really is just Suzuki and a job squad.
British Monsoon
(02-28-2017, 03:48 PM)

Interestingly, no Naito.

No champions allowed, hence no Goto or Okada - Naito also commented on how it's bullshit, because he wanted to challenge Okada as IC champion but intimated that NJPW management are purposefully keeping them apart.
PHOENIXZERO
(02-28-2017, 03:48 PM)
I should've asked if Raw was worth watching, that was definitely one of those two minutes of Youtube highlights episodes.

One last day for the Z-Man.

Originally Posted by Pikma

LMAO
Empyrean Heaven
(02-28-2017, 03:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Roland_Gunner

I think New Japan is trying to get their champs out of the Cup since the winner gets to make a challenge. Got to have enough stars left to make the field left though.

This would be a good time to give Tama Tonga a win. Yano is always going to be Yano. A win or loss isn't going to make a difference and Tama could become the #2 BC guy.

Also kinda surprised that Davy Boy Smith Jr isn't in the Cup. The Suzuki-gun return really is just Suzuki and a job squad.

Usually that is correct (Hence why Okada and Goto also are not present) but Naito said he was entering the tournament after beating Elgin as he wanted to go on to challenge Okada. I guess it isn't happening. EDIT: Thanks for the update, Boots.

The GOD don't really have a program at the moment so I can't see them being given the rub as singles competitors. New Japan always loves to remind fans of Yano's sublime master thievery so I think Tama is getting Yanowned.

DBS Jr. is an odd omission but New Japan does like to bring a shoot element to how they select the tournament, and since he just came back I can see there just not being any room for him. As for Suzuki-Gun, considering the only other heavyweights are DBS Jr. and Iizuka, I think you'll see more involvement from them when Taka/Taichi/Desperado/Kanemaru are all in the BOSJ.

The biggest exclusion to me is Makabe, I think he deserves to be in this tourney way more than Yujiro or fucking Tanga Roa.
Recall
(02-28-2017, 03:55 PM)
I think we will see Elgin in the final of the New Japan Cup, there is no way he is going out early if nothing else.
Empyrean Heaven
(02-28-2017, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Recall

I think we will see Elgin in the final of the New Japan Cup, there is no way he is going out early if nothing else.

Fale could be a capable first round upset. I think we are getting either Tanahashi or Elgin vs. Omega in the finals, that's for damn sure.
excelsiorlef
(02-28-2017, 04:00 PM)
Yano should absolutely get a Yano spot win and then get killed by Elgin or Fale (I'm assuming Elgin)

Interesting that they have Omega and Suzuki in the same bracket meaning they can only meet in the semis not the finals.
Empyrean Heaven
(02-28-2017, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by excelsiorlef

Yano should absolutely get a Yano spot win and then get killed by Elgin or Fale (I'm assuming Elgin)

Interesting that they have Omega and Suzuki in the same bracket meaning they can only meet in the semis not the finals.

Yeah that does make more sense actually. I say EVIL beats Tana and Elgin squeaks by Fale likely with some sort of cheap roll-up or maybe a countout win. Yano beat Elgin in the G1 so there is impetus for Elgin to get his win back.
TarpitCarnivore
(02-28-2017, 04:05 PM)
Whats the difference between New & G1 again?
Heroman
Banned
(02-28-2017, 04:06 PM)

Originally Posted by TarpitCarnivore

Cup is a single elimination tournament while the G1 is a round robin tournament.
slightconfuse
Banned
(02-28-2017, 04:06 PM)

Originally Posted by TarpitCarnivore

G1 is round robin and njc is a single elimination like king of the ring
Roland_Gunner
(02-28-2017, 04:07 PM)

The biggest exclusion to me is Makabe, I think he deserves to be in this tourney way more than Yujiro or fucking Tanga Roa.

Guys like Makabe and Nagata can still go but they've been in roughly the same role for New Japan for years now. It makes sense to give them a break and come back fresher in a few months. Like what they did with Bullet Club in January.

Originally Posted by Heroman

Cup is a single elimination tournament while the G1 is a round robin tournament.

G1 is also the more prestigious tournament. Getting a win there is a much bigger deal than the Cup.
excelsiorlef
(02-28-2017, 04:09 PM)
So the New Japan Cup are the round two matches that are all on different days just not going to be aired on NJPW world or are they taped on those dates in the bracket and just aired as part of the semis on he 19th that is on NJPW World?
Recall
(02-28-2017, 04:09 PM)

Originally Posted by slightconfuse

G1 is round robin and njc is a single elimination like king of the ring

They should replace the cup with a crown.
MG310
(02-28-2017, 04:10 PM)
There's a more than 0% chance Reby would actually do this.

https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/836255632990875650

If mfers don't start coming correct, I'm bout to melt some gold & have me some new gold hoops. Sigue y vas a ver.

excelsiorlef
(02-28-2017, 04:11 PM)

Originally Posted by MG310

It's a decent bargaining chip for the rights to the Broken Hardys.
Empyrean Heaven
(02-28-2017, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Roland_Gunner

Guys like Makabe and Nagata can still go but they've been in roughly the same role for New Japan for years now. It makes sense to give them a break and come back fresher in a few months. Like what they did with Bullet Club in January.

Actually I just found out that Makabe said he wasn't entering the NJC as he wants to concentrate solely on his tag team with Honma and winning back the tag belts.
newdayrocks
(02-28-2017, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by MG310

That's even better than dropping the belts in a trash can on the competing show. Even if she doesn't actually do it, they should pretend they did.
Heroman
Banned
(02-28-2017, 04:20 PM)
Omega is winning the cup right?