• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

Blablurn

fifa18-homepage-marquee-bg-xs.jpg

Release for Pre-Orders: September 26th 2017 / Normal Release: September 29th, 2017 / Release for many platforms, including PS4, XBox One, PC and Switch

Let's use this thread for everything FIFA 18. Folks who pre-ordered can play the game starting today.

krpiper

Hope to hear for some switch impressions, have a copy preordered at Best Buy for the $10 reward certificate just in case its good.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I still don't understand why contract negotiations aren't a thing in Player Campaign. All that new transfer features in manager mode is disappointing to not see make its way into the player mode.

EDarkness

Looking forward to playing this on the NS. The last FIFA I purchased was on the Wii and it's been a LONG time. Hope the game is good. I wonder why we still can't pre-order the game on Amazon....

weekev

Banned
Anyone not buying the Switch version? I'm going to buy........the Switch version. FUT in bed, bye bye sleep.

Switch version coming here too!

Nothing I've seen suggests that FIFA Switch is a bad game, seems like they've done well.

But we'll see when it comes...

Eurogamer's review said the the game isn't a huge jump from 17 but there's a lot of QOL improvements in 18. Sounds about right, right?

weekev

Banned
Is the switch version gimped in anyway? That sounds like the one to get...e.g, portable fifa
Missing the journey, also built using a custom engine so may play slightly differently to the other 2 versions although there is no evidence of that at this point. If Alex Hunter doesn't float your boat the Switch is probably the best one to get for the portability.

Cartho

Is the switch version gimped in anyway? That sounds like the one to get...e.g, portable fifa

The only thing it's missing is the cutscene heavy story mode "The Journey" and the online Pro Clubs mode.

Apart from that it has everything, FUT, manager / player career mode - all the good stuff.

The only thing it's missing is the cutscene heavy story mode "The Journey" and the online Pro Clubs mode.

Apart from that it has everything, FUT, manager / player career mode - all the good stuff.

It has at least one Switch exclusive game mode though. Most likely an arcade mode to be played with a single joycon. Might be fun.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Played already the trial on PC and I will actually double dip for PC and the Switch version. Going to jump into the PC I've for now as soon as I finish my coffee.

cripterion

Are replays 30 fps on pc, ps4 pro? It's so hard to get clear info on this game even though it was out on early access and people had early copies...

Wanted to know how fleshed out is the League 1 too and if the J-League was still generic faces that look more thai than japanese lol

Xater

Are replays 30 fps on pc, ps4 pro? It's so hard to get clear info on this game even though it was out on early access and people had early copies...

Wanted to know how fleshed out is the League 1 too and if the J-League was still generic faces that look more thai than japanese lol

Fun fact: The replays and cutscenes had an unlocked framerate on PC until the newest patch came out. Now they are all capped at 30 for me.

*Sigh* I'm in for another couple hundred hours.

Damnit EA, do more with your licenses. More stadiums please! Now that they lost Signal Iduna Dortmund plays in a generic 35,000 seat stadium. Give us better generics at least!

EDIT: And to the poster who asked about J-League faces, I believe they added a bunch of scans this year.

Barely used my Switch for a couple months after I got bored with Mario Kart 8. Cant wait to sit and destroy both Chelsea and the toilet at the same time.

jariw

Does the physical version of the Switch version has any additional download requirements, or is all day1-stuff on the cart? Still haven't decided on digital or physical.

guggnichso

Banned
Does the physical version of the Switch version has any additional download requirements, or is all day1-stuff on the cart? Still haven't decided on digital or physical.

The game is 13,5gig, so it should fit completely on the card.

Bumhead

Banned
Think I'm also in for Switch at the expense of the PS4 version.

Two things I most want to know about it are;

A.) Are manual controls in?
B.) Are all the PL stadiums and presentation elements in?

Not seen anything to suggest they're not but still trying to get my head around this not being a super-gimped mobile version.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Think I'm also in for Switch at the expense of the PS4 version.

Two things I most want to know about it are;

A.) Are manual controls in?
B.) Are all the PL stadiums and presentation elements in?

Not seen anything to suggest they're not but still trying to get my head around this not being a super-gimped mobile version.

You can see in this video from Gamescom that it's not a super-gimped mobile version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmCrUwWPf94

As for confirmations of everything that's in, I'm afraid that these will be only Friday or if there are some reviews popping up meanwhile.

Still not sure if I should get this for the Switch...but FIFA everywhere sounds sooo good. Anyone got it early and can post impressions?

Just to add it does have one major mode the others don't and thats local play for multiple Switch's in the same room

(Two consoles can connect locally, allowing up to four people to play)

Top Bottom