• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

lmbotiva

Excellent! That answers that then. Thank you!

Square Enix made it a pain in the ass for you to get some of your Day One bonuses like the OST sampler and art book for some reason. For physical copies there's a code in the case you need to register on Square Enix's website, if you're a member or register, which then in turn you need to wait to receive an email from Squeenix for a link or code for said content. Like, they couldn't just give you the code to redeem to get that stuff right away rather than going the extra steps of having to register and then wait for a email.

Thankfully it seems a little more simplified for the digital versions where you fire up the game, link your account via the option on the main menu and then you receive the email with your bonus content.
i see, thanks

Lies.

I fire up my PS4 sometimes just to listen to McCann's forboding music....at least the background is a little animated unlike other dynamic themes and it's free.

Jensen just stands there like a douche.
With that cheap and weird "breathing" effect with his arms slightly moving.

Here's a statement from the Deus Ex Twitter account about the PC release

CqgKdcqWcAAMWJ4.jpg:large

Makes sense to have all hands on deck. So much more at stake with a PC release, given how much can go wrong in terms of hardware configuration, drivers, etc, etc.

What's the length from start to finish (how many hours approximately)?

Impossible to say. Only main missions...maybe 10-12 hours. Main missions and every side mission? Maybe 20-30 hours. Main missions, side missions and explore everything? Maybe 30-40 hours.

Tovarisc

Makes sense to have all hands on deck. So much more at stake with a PC release, given how much can go wrong in terms of hardware configuration, drivers, etc, etc.

Yet if issue goes deeper than "Did you install drivers?" response with fix will most likely take days as they need to create patch.

It still shouldn't run that bad on a 980ti at 1080p, the game doesn't even look that good. Let's hope Nvidia drivers will fix this.

You mean drivers that are already out and used in benches? :b Game has some settings that are very demanding on GPU, even if MD isn't new Crysis.

SliChillax

Yet if issue goes deeper than "Did you install drivers?" response with fix will most likely take days as they need to create patch.

You mean drivers that are already out and used in benches? :b Game has some settings that are very demanding on GPU, even if MD isn't new Crysis.

Didn't realise drivers were out :/ here's hoping it'll be playable at ultra with fxaa instead of 4x msaa at 1440p.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

That sounds a bit odd, honestly.

Unless they're expecting something horrendous to go wrong (always good to prepare for, admittedly), this makes little sense, even with Nixxes handling the port.

Either it's good to go gold or it's not. Any heretofore unknown bugs popping up, some sort of 'patch' is likely to take hours at least, days to weeks at most.

Tovarisc

Didn't realise drivers were out :/ here's hoping it'll be playable at ultra with fxaa instead of 4x msaa at 1440p.

Depends on GPU, but doubtful. Stuff like contact hardening shadows that, afaik, come into play at Ultra level is hard on even higher end cards. I have 980Ti and expect to mix High - Very High setting, while ignoring Ultra level.

Poor dan, game crashed twice on him lol

Could be SLI issue. Earlier they streamed game on PC with single 970, no single issue.

I have to warn you though. I'm praising the game but the first mission...the beginning of the game....is awful. It's boring and tedious. This could've been a cutscene. Don't judge the game because of the slow and boring start.

SliChillax

Depends on GPU, but doubtful. Stuff like contact hardening shadows that, afaik, come into play at Ultra level is hard on even higher end cards. I have 980Ti and expect to mix High - Very High setting, while ignoring Ultra level.

I'm expecting around 30fps at ultra with a 5820k, 16gb ram and G1 gigabyte 980ti oc'd at 1440p with fxaa. 4x MSAA is a real killer in performance

Either it's good to go gold or it's not.

This just isn't really true with PC releases. There are so many possible configurations when compared to consoles that it's really not possible to say without a doubt that it's "good to go". It sucks, but that's the way it is.

And having a potential 8 hour delay on beginning a fix (because relevant parties are unavailable) could be pretty drastic, especially in terms of the impression in the first couple days of release.

I have to warn you though. I'm praising the game but the first mission...the beginning of the game....is awful. It's boring and tedious. This could've been a cutscene. Don't judge the game because of the slow and boring start.

Reminds me of the start of Human Revolution.

Tovarisc

Dansgaming got through crashy part when he had SLI off. Now enabling it back, I expect game to start crashing again :b

Edit: He was crashing in cutscene segment post-prologie

So it starts like most of RPG's? :D

Well, it's a tutorial but...it's still boring. A tutorial can be great and exciting. But this is just..ugh....you're fighting against the controls...you don't know what's happening....it's a slow and boring start.
The game begins when you arrive in Prague. Even the cutscene in Prague could've been a better intro than the first mission, lol.

Edit: The beginning is worse than HR, imo.

ymgve

Are there any deadlines in the game like in DXHR? In that one, if you dicked around too much in the Sarif headquarters all the hostages would be dead when you started your actual mission. Anything like that in MD?

Also there are lots of small things that can go wrong but can also be fixed instantly with a Steam game launch. Like when devs forget to bundle the VC 2010 Redist installers (Like NMS did) or maybe someone forgot to push the right buttons in the Steam admin panel.

Dec

This just isn't really true with PC releases. There are so many possible configurations when compared to consoles that it's really not possible to say without a doubt that it's "good to go". It sucks, but that's the way it is.

And having a potential 8 hour delay on beginning a fix (because relevant parties are unavailable) could be pretty drastic, especially in terms of the impression in the first couple days of release.

Nah. Sure, people that are relatively clueless will have social media people there to link them to drivers and prerequisite downloads but most people will have no issues or can troubleshoot on their own.

If there are issues beyond that, 12 hours isn't going to mean shit.

It may be smart for them to have someone on twitter pointing to solutions to get out in front of any complaints, but for those of us that don't need that shit it's just a bummer.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

I mean, I agree on some level, but at some point, that comes down to user error, either through not meeting specs or trying to mess with stuff they shouldn't be messing with.

Also, if the game's this far in, either something's hotfixable in minutes to a few hours, or its going to take way longer.

It still shouldn't run that bad on a 980ti at 1080p, the game doesn't even look that good. Let's hope Nvidia drivers will fix this.

You honestly lack perspective. Certain things are very expensive with in modern rendering.

A native resolution AO, SSR, or umbra penumbra sim for everyworld shadow is very expensive... even on a 980Ti.

And yes... MSAA is insanely expensive... rightly so.

Played a few hours on PS4, the combat still feels super janky and some of the voice acting is trash. The previous game took a while to grab me so i'm sure it will be the same here.

Nags

Banned
Are there any deadlines in the game like in DXHR? In that one, if you dicked around too much in the Sarif headquarters all the hostages would be dead when you started your actual mission. Anything like that in MD?

Also there are lots of small things that can go wrong but can also be fixed instantly with a Steam game launch. Like when devs forget to bundle the VC 2010 Redist installers (Like NMS did) or maybe someone forgot to push the right buttons in the Steam admin panel.

I'd like to know this as well. How dynamic are the missions in your approach?
Does it go any deeper than just find a secret path or taking alternate routes?

If there are issues beyond that, 12 hours isn't going to mean shit.

Have you been involved with software releases before? 12 hours can mean a *lot*. A patch may take a few days regardless, but there's so much else going on behind the scenes (not least of which is execs freaking out who need to be calmed by knowledge that the devs are actively working on any issues).

It sucks, but by the end of tomorrow the release timing won't matter for any of us anyway.

Top Bottom