• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 Confirmed for 2016, Trailer Pics, Danganronpa 3 Anime (SPOILERS)

Akibared

RwaO6Lv.png

I don't think my body can handle all this new Danganronpa...

Nightbird

1o5nh4i.gif

All that Danganronpa goodness, and the chance that
Junko
is not the main antagonist anymore makes me very happy

Alfredo

Ugh. Ending the original story with an anime? I'm HIGHLY disappointed.

Is this going to be like a movie or an entire series? Either way, I'm not really looking forward to it considering how the last Danganronpa anime went. Weirdly enough, I'd rather watch voiced static 2D portraits over poorly animated scenes that have a time limit on how much story they can tell.

Also, what does that mean for localization? Are we going to have another disaster where we have to wait another year to get a dubbed version and all the original English VAs get replaced? Or will we not even get an official translation at all and have to rely on fansubs?

Thoraxes

Crossposting:

Dat Asahina <3
Dat Makoto in cuffs.
Dat Kirigiri.
Dat new visual.
Even that music with the melding of the main theme and BTB. Fuckkkkkkkkkkk it's soo good.
Nice to see Takada-san's name in there too, as it just wouldn't be the same without him.

GIVE
IT
TO
ME
NOOOOOWWWWWWWW
Danganronpa 3 and ZE3 in the same year

we is blessed

And Ace Attorney 6 too!

It's literally a year where some of my dreams are coming true.

Holy shit I can't stop watching the anime trailer.

Looking at the Key arts.

Fuck.

Also that image about the Neo World program that flashes by is great too.

Gonna make myself an MP3 of the trailer music.

Actually yeah, Danganronpa 3 being an anime might be slightly harmful for the franchise in the west. Besides, having the main story spread across many different mediums is usually the signs of a franchise being poorly managed.

A possible solution is some sort of Danganronpa 3/V3 bundle.

Thoraxes

Actually yeah, Danganronpa 3 being an anime might be slightly harmful for the franchise in the west. Besides, having the main story spread across many different mediums is usually the signs of a franchise being poorly managed.

A possible solution is some sort of Danganronpa 3/V3 bundle.

Part of the problem here comes with the rights-holders.

Though I personally believe that NISA should get into talks about securing the rights for the western release of the anime.

While DR The Animation came out before DR1 was even released in the west (which is why Funimation had those rights), it's a different situation this time around.

Cool that they're using the anime to fill in other parts of the story instead of doing a straight adaptation of the game.
Very hyped for both the game and the anime.

Alfredo

Part of the problem here comes with the rights-holders.

Though I personally believe that NISA should get into talks about securing the rights for the western release of the anime.

While DR The Animation came out before DR1 was even released in the west (which is why Funimation had those rights), it's a different situation this time around.

If FUNimation gets ahold of the rights of an English dub, and I have to hear Monokuma's laugh as, "hyuk hyuk hyuk" again, I will die.

Has NISA ever dubbed an anime before?

Thoraxes

If FUNimation gets ahold of the rights of an English dub, and I have to hear Monokuma's laugh as, "hyuk hyuk hyuk" again, I will die.

Has NISA ever dubbed an anime before?

Oh yeah, plenty.

I think given the presence of the series now though, NISA will probably get the rights to the anime unless Funimation's Original deal was for the entire franchise's animated series, which doesn't seem likely.

I'm finding myself more intrigued by that other dude than the supposed MC. My body is saying "trust him he seems cool and nice" but my mind is telling me "don't even go there this never ends well".

Dranakin

So, I have a Vita, live in NA, want to get into the Danganronpa games, but prefer physical copies. What games am I looking for? I did a search and there seem to be multiple releases of the same games and for different locations. Is it just DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair I need to find?

Thoraxes

So, I have a Vita, live in NA, want to get into the Danganronpa games, but prefer physical copies. What games am I looking for? I did a search and there seem to be multiple releases of the same games and for different locations. Is it just DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair I need to find?

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

Are all the US physical releases on Playstation Vita.

2015-12-0203.52.38aash1.jpg

Not hugely excited about the anime, but then my interest in the surviving DR1 characters is fairly limited as it is.

The game will doubtlessly be glorious. Lead girl's design is among the franchise's best. With any luck this'll be the one where the MC kills someone and then tries to lie their way out of it.

Jintor

surprised that I thought the artstyle in that one promo pic they put out for the dr3 anime was kinda cool. didn't watch any of that anime.

will be curious to see where DR3 (game) goes

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can't wait for NDRV3 :D

Why not a Danganronpa 2.5 for the end of Hope Peak? :(
Even a spinoff like Danganronpa AE would have been good.

One thing i don't like of NDRV3 is that during exploration when you click on a character his/her "cardboard" doesn't jump or rotate or whatever, i will definitively miss that little touch.

Sölf

So no anime adaptation of the second game?

Just Danganronpa 1->3?

Looks like it. But unless the second one would have gotten 24 episodes or more, I doubt it would have been a good adaption. Just look at the first, they skipped all Investigation parts and all character interaction that gave the characters actual personality.

I just finished UDG and was feeling kind of bummed about the series, but V3 looks great, so I'm back on board. It was a short period of depression.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm sure the last two chapters are filled with returning characters.

It would make no sense imo, why bothering making an anime to cut all the strings with DR1&2 if you have no intention to cut those strings?

DRV3 is made with PS4 owners in mind, developers don't want to alienate those who never played a DR game.

How many episodes for the danganronpa 3 anime ? This is important . the first danganronpa anime was a giant mess because this franchise needs a LOT of time for it to be possible.

Hoping the anime being an original story instead of an adaptation means it'll be better than the original mini-series. Tried to watch it and couldn't stand how rushed it all felt. Didn't help the English dub changed everybody's voice sides Naegi.

I'm sorta sad that "who survives Danganronpa" spoilers is about at the level of Aeris dies or the Persona 4 culprit. The promo art itself pretty much gives away the first game's survivors. It's one of the few series that I desperately try not to spoil, since who lives or dies is a huge part of the dramatic tension.

On the flip side, I wonder how big the bodycount will be at the end of the Anime. At this point I do expect a happy bloodless ending but... it just isn't Danganronpa without your favorite character dying.

I'm happy they're closing off the storyline related to Hope's Peak via an anime, having another game revolving around the same characters would get really stale. That said it means I need to finish up Another Episode which I really don't want to do, even though I was probably near the end.

Oh snap, looks like my boi Hiro is back judging by the anime trailer. After he was a no-show in 2, I was worried the writers pretty much forgot about him, but he lives! I hope he's in V3 as well, because frankly I don't have much interest in the show. I watched a bit of the anime based around the first game and it seemed very... redundant. The characters moved even less in the animation than they did in the game!

It would make no sense imo, why bothering making an anime to cut all the strings with DR1&2 if you have no intention to cut those strings?

DRV3 is made with PS4 owners in mind, developers don't want to alienate those who never played a DR game.

Potentially alienating your existing fanbase by cutting ties trying to grab some other market is almost always a bad decision.

I wonder if they regret not making danganronpa 2 a standalone game. By making it a direct sequel its now going to be expected that every game is a sequel in the same world

pbayne

hyped but i dunno. It seems like a slap in the face to fans to end Makoto and Co's story in an anime instead of a game.

TP

Have they said that?

I figured they saw the new story as a reason to port
not port so design a new story

Thud

Then maybe they shouldn't have called it DRV3?

I don't know what they expect us to think, that's all.

Closing out Hopes Peak with an anime? Fuck off. While I have no doubt whatsoever that
Junko
will have something to do with this new game, I'm one of the few who love the series for the recurring overarching plot line.

Closing out Hopes Peak with an anime? Fuck off. While I have no doubt whatsoever that
Junko
will have something to do with this new game, I'm one of the few who love the series for the recurring overarching plot line.

It sounds like they weren't actually just fucking with people by saying this is technically a 'New' Danganronpa V3. It's basically a soft reboot, a new storyline with a few loose connections to the original Hope's Peak story line. I get why they went with this decision though, since they're gonna be reaching a new, wider audience on PS4, so it's best to probably introduce those people to the franchise with a new game instead of one that is a straight up direct continuation of the Hope's Peak arc.

But I have no faith in that anime adaptation. No amount of more Kirigiri can possibly make it better. Also did anyone else notice in the bottom right of the poster there's a shattered crystal ball? I guess Naegi is being blamed for his murder in this anime sequel thing, and Kirigiri and Asahina have to prove his innocence.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Have they said that?

I figured they saw the new story as a reason to port
not port so design a new story
This doesn't exclude later ports, but a DR3 connected to DR1&2 would have required DR1&2 hd before it release.

Then maybe they shouldn't have called it DRV3?

I don't know what they expect us to think, that's all.

The anime is called Danganronpa 3, implying that's the direct sequel to Danganronpa 2, the game on the other hand is called New Danganronpa V(ersion?)3, with that "3" developers obviously wanted to make it clear that's the newest game, i agree that something like Danganronpa new & rebooted or something like that would have been better for clarity, but at the same time for newcomers it's already confusing understanding what each DR is with all those weird subtitles without another game with a weird subtitle.

9104790822_2f892fae8a_o.gif

All of this sounds AMAZING.

Something tells me that V3 is not unrealated at all, thats just a red herring. Maybe
Junko
doesnt appear, but I wouldnt pass some other characters making that combat. Hope Peak's story is finished, but not the whole fate of the world and shit stills need to be resolved, ect...

And the anime looks cool as hell. Also love the music for both trailers.

dity

Danganronpa 3 and Danganronpa V3 is stupidly confusing. Just call it Danganronpa 64 and be done with it.

Top Bottom