• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDCC: Metal Gear Solid 5 announced or not (Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour OGRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

As much as I love MGS, MGS4 was the end of the story. They tied up all the loose ends. I don't see where else they can go with this franchise or why they still want to keep going with it.

Although, let's be honest, I'll probably end up loving a fifth MGS all the same.

Because no AAA games, maybe outside of comic book games, were announced at SDCC in the past.

Because gamescom is right around the corner, with the Tokyo Game Show just after.

Street Fighter X Tekken (ストリートファイター X 鉄拳 Sutorīto Faitā Kurosu Tekken?) (pronounced Street Fighter Cross Tekken) is a crossover fighting game developed by Capcom. The game was announced at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con International by Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono.

StuBurns

Banned
Logan designed the MGS4 logo, presumably they moved back with Peace Walker because they wanted something internal.

Payton is kind of using it for his game though.

Carl

As much as I love MGS, MGS4 was the end of the story. They tied up all the loose ends. I don't see where else they can go with this franchise or why they still want to keep going with it.

Although, let's be honest, I'll probably end up loving a fifth MGS all the same.

Piles of cash

Sid

One thing kojima was very vocal about mgs4 was that he disliked the small size of the levels/battlefield in mgs4 so mgs5 being much more open makes sense,this leak could be real!

HXeME.jpg

Konami hashtagging #OGRE? Make it rain!

Honestly they should never stop making MGS, I'll be content with a new game every gen or every 4 5 years. They could remake the first 2 Metal Gears.

plainr_

Old Snake dies. Clones of Solid Snake emerge: Earth Snake, Fire Snake, Wind Snake, Water Snake, and Heart Snake.
The
MGS5.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Two supposed leak screens and it is "announced"?

An announced game usually has an announcement, revealed maybe, leaked, but not announced, lol.

I see "ENAMO" and "ALZBURG."

RENAMO is a real-world Mozambican guerilla organization Gray Fox was a part of, Galzburg is a fictional place in South Africa near Outer Heaven. "NFANTS" would obviously be "enfants."

Anyway, I'm calling fake.

It's been thrown around that the next title may not in fact be MGS5 chronologically, but a remake of MG1+MG2 (Solid Snake's "intro" story and the
true turn of Big Boss being the "villain"
). All of that, in addition to the emblem, goes along with the setting and themes of those games.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope this is true. I'm down for more Big Boss MGS and an open-world version sounds great. Hopefully it's more akin to the best MGS ever, Snake Eater.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This better be real. Ogre or 4 engine, I don't care, just more metal gear. Zanzibar Land here I come!!!

I'm guessing 'NFANTS' is a reference to Les Enfants Terribles. Sounds like it's being set around the time they cloned Big Boss.

Big Boss got cloned in 1972. Peace Walker takes place 2 years after that. A new Big Boss game would probably take place in the late 70s/early 80s.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Well, sounds like a big boss game. The fall of big boss.
Not like I'm expecting much from any MGS storyline post-MGS4. But I'm pretty sure Kojima is going fuck up a awesome premise like that.;_; at least I hear this is going be heavily gameplay-focused this time around.

yea I also guessing it will be a a lot like Crysis. Big open environment with enemy bases and patrols with total freedom on how to approach them.

should be awesome! I am hoping it's a next gen title though

MarkusRJR

The only question for me is whether it'll be on this gen hardware (360/PS3 and Wii U I suppose) or on next generation hardware (Xbox 720/PS4). Please be next gen.

Didn't Kojima once say that OGRE was focussed around an issue that was a taboo in gaming? Maybe childsoldiers ... enfants does mean children in french. Adding the african setting, and also the fact that he touched on this issue with Raiden's background, we might get to shoot kids in the game.

Whaddya think?

Man

If we are to believe TTP's reveal from spring 2011 then this will be for current-gen. In his post he also detailed Platinum doing MGS Rising (months before reveal) and MGS1/2/3/4 for Steam (next month anniversary reveal?).

I'm betting MGS5 is a cross-generation title.

Slime

Banned
DerZuhälter;39922903 said:
Didn't Kojima once say that OGRE was focussed around an issue that was a taboo in gaming? Maybe childsoldiers ... enfants does mean children in french. Adding the african setting, and also the fact that he touched on this issue with Raiden's background, we might get to shoot kids in the game.

Whaddya think?

I saw speculation elsewhere that it's about Big Boss using child soldiers to mine blood diamonds to fund Outer Heaven. Sounds...crazy, but it is Kojima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom