• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle Thumbs Megathread | Indepth discussion inbetween horsebags and birdsounds

Fantastic meeting at PAX tonight, guys. The canadians were certainly an interesting group!

Things Discussed: Minors drinking, Lords' Management, Spy Party, Juicy Weiner/dog ratios, san francisco, story-telling.

castlegar

Fantastic meeting at PAX tonight, guys. The canadians were certainly an interesting group!

Things Discussed: Minors drinking, Lords' Management, Spy Party, Juicy Weiner/dog ratios, san francisco, story-telling.

Was grand! Fantastic meeting/Canadian-ing you and all the other Thumbers. And those wieners.

Much thanks to Chris, Sean, Jake and Steve for a great evening!

Computron

What's this whole "baboo" deal? What episode did that start in?

Also, in which episode does the grenade roll down the hill?

Computron

Aww thanks guys!

Edit: oh wait, you asked about baboo, not puffins. I can't remember where that started. baboo.

Oh, that was confusing, I had to rewind, thinking I missed it before I came back to see your edit. lol. :)

Puffin voice was hilarious though.

gabbo

Oh man, Jake's Puffin voice absolutely slays me.

PS. I just had a thought: What if "Countdown to tears" was actually a mixed message, referring to Kickstarter and "Countdown to tiers"?

Clint Hocking cries when the game isn't available for $20 or less tiers.

Ledsen

Am I the only one who find it incredibly funny that F. Nick Breckon is now the voiceover guy on Bethesda trailers? Not because he's bad at it in any way, but because he's F. Nick Breckon. I was watching the Skyrim Hearthfire and Dishonored gameplay trailers and all I could imagine was that I was listening to an episode of Idle Thumbs wherein Nick was parodying what an actual voice-over guy would sound like.

El Sloth

Banned
I'm curious, do any of you post on the Idle Thumbs forums? I have an account there and tried to escape GAF's gravitational pull to a place that seemed more calm, but failed.

randomwab

I'm curious, do any of you post on the Idle Thumbs forums? I have an account there and tried to escape GAF's gravitational pull to a place that seemed more calm, but failed.

I've started posting there from time to time, I'm Brannagan over there though. Same avatar.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole

I joined at some point, but didn't post much because GAF has me in its fangs and doesn't let go.
I'm also on other forums, also with different nicks, and it's the same; ever since I started wasting my time on GAF, I stopped wasting my time anywhere else on the internet.

Kind of a shame, really. I actually like the idea of specialized communities. And I love the thing with the text adventures. But liking an idea is not enough, apparently.

Shurs

Spy Party talk? Nice.

After a year of waiting, I'm in the beta, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I should get around to that, seeing as I paid $15 to get in.

Atruvius

Just got my mind blown while listening the PAX cast. I always imagined Sean as the bald guy and Jake as the beardman. But Jake's the bald guy! And I've been meaning to ask why Jake has Sean's picture as his avatar here...

Damn, this feels so weird.

Gomu Gomu

Audio was not bad at all to me. I thought it was more than fine.
Anyway, you guys have made some pretty fun panels before, but I think this one is the best panel you've ever done. It's too bad Steve doesn't live in SF with the others, he is so perfect as the 4th chair.

And by the way, I didn't know F. Nick was on the panel until that last reader question about Icebox lol.

gabbo

Just got my mind blown while listening the PAX cast. I always imagined Sean as the bald guy and Jake as the beardman. But Jake's the bald guy! And I've been meaning to ask why Jake has Sean's picture as his avatar here...

Damn, this feels so weird.
Jake's had that avatar longer than Sean's been a Thumb, and use to have a beard if convention pictures from days past are anything to go by (and when not Big Bird)

Jake

Jake's had that avatar longer than Sean's been a Thumb, and use to have a beard if convention pictures from days past are anything to go by (and when not Big Bird)
I have a beard and have for a while. I think all thumbs other than Breckon have beards. Weird. That avatar is from an illustration done for a 2004-5 era Idle Thumbs interview piece Chris and I did with Ron Gilbert. I was less bald then, but only partly. This is a weird post.

edit: woof that interview is old.

In actual news, new Saturday Morning Stream coming up this weekend. Chris is playing a bunch of the original X-Com along with fellow Double Finer/ex-Irrational designer JP LeBreton (seen on the BioShock stream) and PC Gamer's Evan Lahti (seen on the DayZ stream and this week's podcast). More on it in the blog.

randomwab

Are you guys going to have JP back on the cast again? Every time I see him on streams or stuff, he seems like a well of just random trivial information. And he also reminds me of Scoops, and then I see they look somewhat similar. My brain.

Jake

Are you guys going to have JP back on the cast again? Every time I see him on streams or stuff, he seems like a well of just random trivial information. And he also reminds me of Scoops, and then I see they look somewhat similar. My brain.
I'm sure JP will be back.

Shaneus

Roughly Sunday morning-ish.
Ah yes, I recall the last time I caught the tail-end of the DayZ stream I had just come home from a Saturday night out and was probably more than a little bit drunk.

I encourage everyone to experience a Thumbs live stream that way. No matter what your local time is.

gabbo

I have a beard and have for a while. I think all thumbs other than Breckon have beards. Weird. That avatar is from an illustration done for a 2004-5 era Idle Thumbs interview piece Chris and I did with Ron Gilbert. I was less bald then, but only partly. This is a weird post.

edit: woof that interview is old.

In actual news, new Saturday Morning Stream coming up this weekend. Chris is playing a bunch of the original X-Com along with fellow Double Finer/ex-Irrational designer JP LeBreton (seen on the BioShock stream) and PC Gamer's Evan Lahti (seen on the DayZ stream and this week's podcast). More on it in the blog.

Nick just isn't a team player is he?

Jintor

I thought Chris looked young. Evan looks like he just got out of high school. (Still not Patrick "Scoops" "Tricky" Klepek fountain-of-youth young though)

So are we going to this thread for the casts now? The last couple barely had any posts. I don't think I ever saw a thread for Ep. 74. We need to get a Book Club thread going in the OT now too since Episode 1 is out. I just finished Cloud Atlas yesterday, but this thread doesn't seem like the place for that discussion.

So are we going to this thread for the casts now? The last couple barely had any posts. I don't think I ever saw a thread for Ep. 74. We need to get a Book Club thread going in the OT now too since Episode 1 is out. I just finished Cloud Atlas yesterday, but this thread doesn't seem like the place for that discussion.

Maybe this should be a off topic thread. Not sure.

Top Bottom